Reaction score
Introduced in Avengers:
  • Ironman
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye

Other: (introduced in a film in-between)
  • War Machine

Introduced in Avengers 2: Age of Ultron:
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Quicksilver (RIP)
  • Vision

• Winter Soldier
  • Falcon
  • Ant Man
  • The Wasp (indirectly)
  • Doctor Strange
  • Wong

Introduced in Avengers 2.5 (Civil War):
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man

• Valkyrie (she's an Avenger, right?)3
  • The Wasp (directly)

[to be] Introduced in Infinity War:
  • Captain Marvel

I'm purposely excluding the Guardians from the list, though hope I haven't otherwise missed anyone. My question here is who do we/you wish to show up moving forward, and why? If Avengers 4 is to launch the next phase of the Avengers, who would we all like to see by the time we reach say, Avengers 7?

I would definitely get a kick out of seeing beast join the avengers.

https://deleteacc.com/paypal

I also want to see Valkyrie and mantis officially join. And I’m afraid if I don’t see she hulk appear very soon I’ll be making a call to the police

Black Knight
Nova
Hercules
Swordsman
She Hulk
Spider-Woman
Sub-Mariner

I can't see them doing She-Hulk, honestly. Surely, from a MCU perspective, that'll just be rehashing the Hulk theme? I don't know a whole lot (actually, virtually nothing) about the She Hulk character, but still. The same [would] apply to Red Hulk too.

I assume by the sub-mariner, you (psylockolussus) are referring to Namor? Could be interesting; the MCU equivalent of Aquaman, except (from my limited knowledge) the character is more an antihero than an actual good guy.

Would Mantis actually work in an Avengers role by the way? She doesn't come across as much of a fighter, and generally, that's a lot of what the Avengers do.

She-Hulk's personality and arc are far different than the normal Hulk's.

Well obviously hulk is all about anger and she hulk is about being a legal eagle, solving court cases and superhuman law while being fierce af

I'd be all right if I never saw She-Hulk on screen.

But you'd also be all right if you did see her, so there are literally no downsides to bringing her to the big screen. :sly:

Last edited:
The Wasp almost certainly makes it to official Avenger's status. Sersi is a strong possibility, although it's equally possible that like the Gotg, The Eternals are initially separate from the rest of the MCU. Captain Britain, and by extension Psylocke are my picks.

From Feige:

On Infinity War: We've been planning for it for 4 years: a movie where they don't win.
on Miss Marvel after Capitan Marvel: We wanted to get Captain Marvel out there first so that there is something for a young Muslim girl to get inspired by.
What next after Avengers IW2? Kevin Feige says he is working on:
Continuing stories of characters you're familiar with
Different incarnations of characters you know
Introducing completely new characters you never heard of before (unless ur a comics fan)

Different incarnations strongly leads me to believe we'll be seeing some legacy characters.

From Feige:

Different incarnations strongly leads me to believe we'll be seeing some legacy characters.

Unfortunately, you are probably correct. I just think some things are better left in the comics. Oh well..Marvel Studios hasn't really let me down yet, so I will keep an open mind.

Some legacy characters are really good, though, and they are far more interesting that many original superheroes.

For the heroes of the first two Avengers films I expect the post-Avengers 4 status quo looking something like this...

Iron Man - retired, deceased, or Director of SHIELD

Captain America - deceased or time displaced

Thor - focusing on duties as leader of Asgardians

Hulk - with his own "Warbound" team including Korg, Meik and Valkyrie

Black Widow, Hawkeye and War Machine - retired or involved with fifty state initiative post-Avengers 4 and BW's solo film is a late 90s set prequel that for Fury also serves as a sequel to Captain Marvel

Quicksilver - still deceased

Scarlet Witch - training with Doctor Strange and the both of them remaining reserve members of the team

Vision - deceased (though I'd love it if he was time displaced and it was hinted he became the original Human Torch)

...and then I'd love to see Mantis join the next roster, and the likes of Strange and Spidey be reserve members that do their own thing and just show up for the bigger events, and Bucky/Sam off doing the Cap& sidekick thing one way or another, leaving the 6 at the end of A4 to be...

Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant-Man and Wasp with Mantis and one other
...then...
Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch team up for DS2 and return for A5 to expand the team along with Bucky/Falcon, one of whom is Captain America II, and possibly another appearance from Spider-Man

...then where?...

The Netflix shows preclude the appearance of a comic-accurate "New Avengers" so that then gives us two other directions, classic characters from the 20th century, and later additions as seen in the likes of the Mighty Avengers...

Black Knight, She-Hulk, Tigra, Starfox and Thunderstrike would be my favourites to pull from the classic stories, along with Olympians such as Hercules and later member Ares finally making an appearance. Plus I think Amadeus Cho would be cool to see now as a sidekick to Hulk or Herc in the MCU too or in some other capacity.

I don't think we'll get Thunderstrike, but we might get someone else, maybe Valkyrie, wielding Thor's Hammer or a similar weapon, and I'm not sure what angle they'd take with the Olympians to avoid them becoming a repeat of the Asgardians.

Black Knight and Starfox are the two I'll put my money on seeing between the end of Phase 3 and Avengers 6

Case in point, Hawkeye.

It's hard to see how Kate could be worse than MCU Hawkeye.
Remind me why they called the frowning Army guy who's happily married to a normie Clint Barton, again?

The early Ant-Man and the Wasp reactions are all raving about Evangeline Lilly's Hope. Marvel has yet another soon-to-be-popular potential Avenger on their hands.

Maybe an even split of males and females?

Captain Marvel
Scarlet Witch
Wasp

Black Panther
Falcon
Bucky

Honorary youth member
Spiderman

Oh we haven’t seen Simon Williams yet! That would be fun

For future phase 4 original avangers wont be main characters anymore but I want future characrers (x-men, F4, Captain Marvel) will also interact together with Iron, Cap, Thor, making sometimes appearances

Introduced in Avengers:
  • Ironman
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye

• War Machine

Introduced in Avengers 2: Age of Ultron:
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Quicksilver (RIP)
  • Vision

• Winter Soldier
  • Falcon
  • Ant Man
  • The Wasp (indirectly)
  • Doctor Strange
  • Wong

Introduced in Avengers 2.5 (Civil War):
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man

• Valkyrie (she's an Avenger, right?)3
  • The Wasp (directly)

[to be] Introduced in Infinity War:
  • Captain Marvel

Avengers
Captain america
Iron man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow

Avengers 2
at the end, add
War Machine
Vision
Falcon
Scarlet Witch

Avengers 3,
add
Spiderman

(Avengers 4,
maybe remaining chararcters not member yet
Bucky
Black Panther
Antman
Wasp
Dr Strange
Cap Marvel)

Bucky (as the new Cap)
Black Panther
Ant Man
Wasp
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel (new leader; in the Tony role)
Spider Man
Scarlet Witch

A1
Captain america
Iron man
Thor
Hulk
Hawkeye
Black Widow
A2 add
War Machine
Vision