Sequels Would Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver need a solo film?

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
If Marvel had the rights to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (I assume they don't) and wanted to have them in an Avengers sequel - would they need their own solo movie, or could they be introduced in an Avengers movie?

I was thinking about this earlier, and wanted to know your guys thoughts.

Also, what changes would you make to their origins? Assuming Marvel had the licences only to those two and not the other X-Men.

They could always go with their original/non-Magneto origins - if they needed an origin at all. I would assume they are part of the Fox/Mutant deal - but I am sure they could work something out if they really wanted to.

I don't think anyone knows definitively if Wanda & Pietro are licensed to Marvel Studios or to FoX-Men.

I'd hope to hell Marvel has the rights, though; all things considered, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have far, FAR more appearances as Avengers than appearances in X-Men (as heroes *or* villains).

But yeah, *if* Marvel gets the Maximoffs, you'd have to write off the Magneto origins.

As far as we know, all things mutant and mutant-related are licensed to Fox. Pietro and Wanda included. So they can't have a solo movie, neither do they particularly need one, as their story ties in a reat deal to their daddy, whose story is already well explored elsewhere.

Quicksilver, no. His powers are pretty basic and easy for a general audience to understand in a world where metahumans already exist. Just call him a "mutant" during a throwaway line and that's all the origin you need.

Wanda, you'd have to depower her considerably to get around a complex origin story. Even her initial powers of probability manipulation might be a little too abstract for a movie. The purist fanboys will howl at this, but you might have to reduce her to just a plain old sorceress, or even a mutant that just shoots red laser bolts from her hands, to avoid a drawn-out origin.

I can't think of a way of properly introducing them without introducing Magneto and his Brotherhood of (Evil) Mutants first. And I definitely don't need any characters as superheroes without proper background.

Their pedigree can always be left unknown until further notice. They could be introduced as orphans and raised just a bit to the left of law abiding as a means of survival. I certainly don't think they would need a solo but it could be done I guess as the dynamic is novel. I wouldn't have them in an Avengers film until maybe 3 or 4.

heh.. no solo film, but I want to see them on film for sure..

My understanding is, *Fox and Marvel* don't really know who "has" them, either. They exist in one of those unfortunate borderline areas where both parties could bring a case to court if the other used them. Who would win? Nobody knows, because nobody is going to use them and risk an expensive lawsuit.

That's an interesting point. I heard that there is a ten year sort of statue of limitations. That's why you see storm and cyclops and wolverine and professor X at least cameo in every single movie so that Fox can say 'we're still using them, you can't have them back.' I think that's why Cable was free for Marvel to use, since he was never touched in any way for 10+ years.-

For Quicksilver, he appeared in Wolverine: Origins, and honestly, he did cameo in Mystique's shapeshift meltdown in X2, so, assuming he's never touched on again, he won't be available til 2019. :(

Last edited:
Actually, I saw an offhand comment to somebody at Marvel saying they reacquired those specific character rights from Fox. Anybody know anything about this?

I don't like the idea of Mutants in the MCU. In a society where 1/5 secretly have some super gene, what's super about the super heroes?

That they are *heroes*, as opposed to ordinary people who happen to have a few neat powers?

I don't like the idea of Mutants in the MCU. In a society where 1/5 secretly have some super gene, what's super about the super heroes?

WTF? Do you have this issue with the source material?

How many X-Men characters are ordinary people, exactly?

The source material had the same problem, which is why they got rid of almost all the mutants and rarely have them interact with anyone else except in big events. A movie doesn't have time to create, badly fix and gloss over such problems.

They don't need a solo movie and they don't need to be in the Avengers. For me I prefer them to be with the X-Men movie universe.

They don't need a solo movie and they don't need to be in the Avengers. For me I prefer them to be with the X-Men movie universe.

And I prefer them to be in the Avengers, where they spent far more of their careers. And contributed vitally to storylines like Vision and Disassembled, among others.

Just make them Inhumans and more or less have them serve the function Medusa and Gorgon originally did in Fantastic Four

Or they just got their powers from the High Evolutionairy....seeing as they grew up on or near his mountain.

Besides, Fox might have the Inhumans what with their close ties to the FF.

Or they just got their powers from the High Evolutionairy....seeing as they grew up on or near his mountain.

Besides, Fox might have the Inhumans what with their close ties to the FF.

I'd like to see the High Evolutionary and it would probably be simpler to make him wholly responsible for Adam Warlock as a means of sidestepping the whole..."Him" business.

You could make the High Evolutionary himself an Inhuman.

Marvel have the Inhumans, they've apparently gone out to writers (they may even have a script by now?) and Feige's been namedropping them over the past year.

They don't deserve solo movies or sharing a solo movie. While I would prefer them to be introduced in the X-Series, I'm alright with them being introduced in the Avengers instead, and keep them as mutants. There's no reason to change it. You can't copyright the term Mutant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"