Sequels Rotating the Roster?

How it SHOULD have been:

Avengers I:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Giant-Man (Pym) vs. HULK

Avengers II:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (if Fox doesn't own the rights) vs. ?

Avengers III:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye, Ant-Man (Lang), Ms. Marvel, Vision, and Hulk vs. ?

Basically, the films should have followed the first two Ultimates arcs in plot and roster, but with 616 characterizations and history. I know Black Widow was an Avengers at some point, but I wouldn't have made her an actual member until the third film (at earliest).

How it SHOULD have been:

Avengers I:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Giant-Man (Pym) vs. HULK

Avengers II:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver (if Fox doesn't own the rights) vs. ?

Avengers III:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hawkeye, Ant-Man (Lang), Ms. Marvel, Vision, and Hulk vs. ?

Basically, the films should have followed the first two Ultimates arcs in plot and roster, but with 616 characterizations and history. I know Black Widow was an Avengers at some point, but I wouldn't have made her an actual member until the third film (at earliest).

Interesting. A couple thoughts:
1) The first Ultimates arc, dealing with the Hulk, simply isn't big enough to fill up a two hour movie. Maybe, if you stretch it, a little 84 minute thing. You need to have a full scale invasion to really justify the team being there. That said, it is pretty clear they're going to have to fight Hulk, since they are prepared to imprison him.
2) Fox will own the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch until they stop making successful X-Men films. It doesn't seem like that will happen in the next decade.

Actually i think that if you want to adapt The Ultimates comics then Ultimates 1 with Hulk and the invasion could be done in a 150 mins movie.
The same about The Ultimates 2

Given the nature of an ensemble cast, I'd say that the most likely scenario for a changing roster is simply unavailability of particular cast members. In light of that, maybe the best option is to simply get the script together with the existing characters in mind and if one or more of them happen to be unavailable, then worry about exchanging them for newer blood.

As an example, keep Black Panther in reserve and if Chris Evans is unable to return then bring in the T'Challa character. Banner to Pym, etc.

Avengers I:
Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk vs. Loki

Avengers II:

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Giant-Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Black Panther vs. Kang

Avengers III:

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Vision vs Ultron

I can honestly see Hulk and Black Widow not making it into a sequel. If The Avengers goes independent Widow may stick with SHIELD and Banner might go off on his own for whatever reasons (probably considering himself a danger to the team). Hawkeye may very well tell SHIELD to shove it and join The Avengers permanently but he could be out as well (though I'd be disappointed, personally).

That opens up perfectly for Ant-man/Giant-man and Wasp, really. Especially if their own movie is made by then. Hank Pym would be great as the muscle and brains that Banner would leave vacant and Wasp comes in to replace Black Widow as the woman on the team. I can see Vision being the character introduced in the movie (maybe both him and Ultron are set up or hinted at in the Ant-man movie). I'd like to see Vision and Ultron go at it kind of like brothers of sorts with the Pyms being responsible. Basically I want the sequel to have a heavy Pym influence. :)

Wonderman and Ms. Marvel or even She-Hulk are perfect for a third movie.

Avengers 1

(Cap,IM,Thor,Hulk) Hawkeye,BW

Avengers 2

(Cap,IM,Thor,Hulk) Ant Man, Wasp (Hawkeye & BW smaller roles) Introduce Vision make his joining of the Avengers culminate the finale of the film.

Villain:Ultron
Side Villain:Vision, Ultron army

Avengers 3

Cap,IM,Vision,Thor,Hawkeye(Smaller Role),AntMan,Wasp,BW(Smaller role),Hulk(Smaller role)

Introduce into team Black Panther

For Avengers 2:
Take out:
-Hawkeye
-Black Widow
-Hulk

Put in:
-Giant Man
-Tigra
-Dr.Strange

Why would Hulk not be in the sequel?

a) He was never a true Avenger in the comics; just an honorary member in the first ish. The only real team Hulk ever belonged to was The Defenders. But that's another story.

b) Marvel seems content with relegating Hulk to the small screen with Del Toro's upcoming TV show. If that show bombs, then I could see Hulk returning to film in Avengers 2 and/or TIH 2.

So DelToro's show gonna be a guy in makeup,or is it gonna be CGI?

Here's how I think the team rosters should be for The Avengers films

Avengers I

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Giant Man
Vs. Loki & his army

Avengers II

Cap, IM, Thor, Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Black Panther
Vs. Ultron & his drones

Avengers III

Cap, IM, Thor, Black Panther, Vision, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel
Vs. Kang and his forces Or Thanos and his forces

Although the Masters of Evil deserve an "Honorable Mention" in the villains department.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure all principle members of the Avengers are going to be in these movies through A3. Adding Giant-Man and Wasp, even in a part time aspect at first as to not overcrowd the roster makes sense to me, then if they decide to write off some of the original members find a way to include Black Panther. I also think Luke Cage would be a good addition to the team in the future.

I really hope we get an Ant Man movie made before Avengers 2.

Hmm... Keep the core of Cap, Iron Man and Thor. They work as a core for several reasons, imho. They cover everything, they have the most appeal/strongest movie bases. It's just for the best.

Avengers 2: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange
Not Hulk (TV show going on)
Not Hawkeye or Black Widow (Unless they can carry their own film)
Not Ant-Man or Wasp (Stuck in the 60s with Edgar Wright)
Supporting: Vision (PymTech), Nick Fury, maybe BW, Hawkeye and Hulk
Vs Thanos and His Forces (Skrull/Kree)

Avengers 3: Cap, Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Iron Fist
Not Iron Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ms. Marvel, Hulk, Vision, Black Widow or Hawkeye (Employed as 'evil versions' by Kang for Civil War effect - of course they all unite in the end)
vs Kang and His Forces (Altered Heroes)

Thanos is the natural set up after Loki, and Kang is the only one that trumps Thanos in scale, potentially, and needs the extra time in order to make the Time Travel thing believable/acceptable. Plus, he's the best way to bring in the Pyms from Edgar Wright's 60s world. They could just go with Lang, but I want Wasp too, y'know?

^ I think Thanos trumps Kang in terms of scale and I can't imagine an Avengers trilogy without Ultron being a main villain in of the films.

I'd choose him as the villain for Avengers 2 with Thanos being the big bad in the 3rd Avengers film.

You think so? Time travel seems to trump all to me. You can beat someone who's really powerful if you take their power source or outsmart them. You can't 'beat' a time traveler.

unless they have a flux capacitor and the capability of reaching 88 miles and hour you can't time travel. Didn't you know j/k

I'd like to see Hawkeye stick around in the films. He brings a bit of edge as far as his attitude goes to the team

Next Avengers Quote:

Hawkeye: Yeah, right. Help the guy who created Ultron, who got my dad killed? What do you think my father would have done, Stark?
Tony Stark: Clint? He would have punched me in the face, then he would have helped me.

You think so? Time travel seems to trump all to me. You can beat someone who's really powerful if you take their power source or outsmart them. You can't 'beat' a time traveler.

Having the Infinity Gauntlet in your possession easily trumps being a time traveler in my opinion.

Last edited:
Mine too, but I highly doubt that they'll have the Infinity Gauntlet in the MCU. It's a little dense, as far as exposition goes.

Mine too, but I highly doubt that they'll have the Infinity Gauntlet in the MCU. It's a little dense, as far as exposition goes.

Why wouldn't he? It was already shown in Odin's weapons fault when the Frost Giants try to steal the Casket of Ancient Winters in Thor.

I would like the Black Widow and Hulk to go off and do their own thing and bring in Ms Marvel, Wanda and Pietro (fingers still crossed!). If not Wanda and Pietro then the Black Panther and She Hulk would be cool.

Although Joss Whedon doesn't want to include Wonder Man in any future movie, I think he should reconsider. As I've said in another thread, WM is tied into so many of the Avengers' character's histories: He supplies the brain patterns for Vision which were recorded by Tony Stark and then later hijacked by Ultron to create Vision. He's also associated with his brother Grim Reaper, Baron Zemo, Scarlet Witch, West Coast Avengers, Goliath/Atlas (Erik Josten) and a few others.

As for which actor to play him, how about Adam Baldwin?

Adam-Baldwin6.jpg

I know he's almost 50 but he still looks in great shape and younger than his age. Also, Wonder Man always had prematurely grey hair (until he began dyeing it) and came across as older anyway.

Baldwin looks like he'd have the build and personality for it, and should play a Superman-type character (he already did in the Superman: Doomsday animated movie). He's also worked with Joss Whedon before, so there should be no problem there.

What do people think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"