G.I. Joe (Should They???)

I heard that as of late, He-Man got dropped for filming.

GI Joe movie would be cool .. it might even bring in a new generation of fans.

If I were in charge of this property, I'd go for a trilogy. But to be honest, theres so many stories from the cartoons and comics, it could run as long as Trek if handled right. (meaning: No Fox)

The first film would be a basic military type picture. Joes vs. Cobra.

The second is a aftermath of the battle that closed out the first: Cobra Commander has been captured, Destro has taken over Cobra. It also deals with the Snake Eyes storyline from the comics somewhat. I'd switch Snake's and Storm Shadow's respected teams though. Snake Eyes would be Destro's brainwashed personal assassin/bodyguard. Storm Shadow, Scarlett and Stalker go undercover and try to rescue their former squad mate from the ____ war. (Most likely, you'd have to make it a fictional war, because theres no way you could use the whole Vietnam backstory here.) This film would setup a spinoff flick devoted to Snakes.

Speaking of spinoffs, I could really see a Tomax and Xamot tv show.

The third film would be sci-fi. Basically adapting the animated movie, but some changing key events. First, Pythona is introduced the same way, but is a advisor to Destro not Serpentor. (Serpentor will take Golobius' place as the leader of Cobra-La, and he would be more reptilian, rather than a dude in a snake suit.) By the third film, Hawk has moved on to Washington, and Flint is now leader of the Joes. He and Lady Jaye get some romantic moments over the course of the trilogy to set up his death during the attack on the Joe base in part three. (A nod to the Duke scene from the animated flick) Cobra rescues Cobra Commander and steals the B.E.T. (Broadcast Energy Transmitter) during the attack. The Joes regroup and pursue.

They run into Nemesis Enforcer and his army once they get to the Antartic. A group of Joes are captured, while a few are killed. (It would be nice to give a nod to the S.A.W. Viper incident in which Doc, Quick Kick and six others were killed in the comics.) During the battle, back at Cobra-La, Cobra Commander is put on trial for failing so miserably, and is mutated. (you know what goes down) This would be his second trial in the trilogy, the first being with the Joes. He is put in a cell with the captured Joes, Roadblock/Heavy Duty escapes with him. By the time they get out of the fortress, The Commander has turned into a snake. "I wasss onccce a man... Onccce a MAN!!!" *He slithers off*

Serpentor reveals his plans with the B.E.T. (It would be a good idea to change the name of the machine, lol) Destro silently objects and when the Joes finally show up, he orders Cobra to join the Joes in defeating Serpentor and Cobra-La.

Destro, The Baroness, and Dr.Mindbender escape.

G.I.Joe

Gen.Hawk: Sam Neill

Duke: NOBODY!!! ( He's not needed. In my setup for the trilogy, the only role he would play would be the boyfriend Scarlett leaves once she learns her ex (Snake Eyes) is alive. Sure, he could be the guy to rally the troops in the final act of the third film, but that would be the perfect oppurtunity for another character to step up. Most likely Lady Jaye. Imagine, a female leading the Joes to victory in their biggest battle! That would be a great angle. Sure Duke is the most recognizable Joe, but Flint was more interesting. Not to mention the two of them were pretty much interchangeable. So I'd cut him.)

Flint: Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Lady Jaye: Milla Jovovich (I'm not exactly happy with that pick. If Milla was to play her, she'd have to gain some weight, her occasional anoerexic look is not acceptable, nor would any demands of her fiance directing these films.)

Scarlett: Alicia Witt

Storm Shadow: Jet Li

Stalker: Cuba Gooding Jr.

Wild Bill: Jason Lee

Ship Wreck: Steve Buscemi

Dusty: Barry Pepper

Doc: Andre Braugher

Roadblock/Heavy Duty: Ving Rhames

Alpine & Bazooka: (I came up short with these two. They would be the comic relief of the trilogy, if you remember the cartoon.)

Lifeline: Michael Shanks

Jinx: Zhang Ziyi

Beachhead: Some random guy w/ the voice of R.Lee Ermey (him and Sgt. Slaughter are shown in boot camp sequence.)

Sgt.Slaughter: Sgt.Slaughter

Gung Ho (bit role): Vince Vaughn ( Him and Major Bludd tangle in a battle scene. Since neither would be major (no pun intended) characters, it would merely serve as a nod to the use of Cobra and Joes in Dodgeball.)

Cobra

Cobra Commander: Willem Dafoe (Oldman would NEVER do this)

Destro: Laurence Fishburne (No, he's not Scottish here.)

The Baroness: Claudia Black

Tomax & Xamot: Julian McMahon

Dr.Mindbender: Billy Zane

Major Bludd: Ben Stiller (see Gung Ho)

Zartan: Sean Bean

Snake Eyes: Jason Statham

Serpentor: Arnold Vosloo

Pythona: Rebecca Romijn

Nemesis Enforcer: Kane

YES! THEY SHOULD OF COURCE!
it should have been first before Transformers!

livrule said:
Agree.

Sigma Six is for the kids of today ... nothing more.

I like the Sigma Six stuff. Check the GI JOE boards, so do a ton of other old school GI JOE fans.

The 3 3/4 action figures from the 80s/90s are and always will be the definitive Gi Joe range.

For you maybe, not for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"