Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Gabriel Luna to do a Ghost Rider TV show for Hulu

Excited by this but like others I worry about the budget abs the effect it will have on, well, the effects. He only came on screen in AOS for seconds at a time. And if they intend to use some GR villains, some of them will need CGI also.

We will see I suppose. I don’t know what villains Reyes has in the comics, but wouldn’t mind some classic GR villains appearing either.

I would rather have had a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider series. In the comics, he met all kinds of strange villains, some of whom weren't even major comic villains at all but just particular to the Ghost Rider comic. They could easily be invented villains for the series. I also find the imagery of Ghost Rider on a flaming motorcycle far more iconic than driving a car.

I hope we eventually get the original Ghost Rider showing up in a movie as a supporting character. It would be a shame to permanently bench him.

[video=youtube;jCyEX6u-Yhs]

Anyone else kept expecting Rev9 Terminator skeleton to burst into a flaming skull? :D

31u6v1.gif

31u69d.gif

Marvel TV Boss Jeph Loeb Talks Secret ABC Series, Disney+, ‘Legion’ End, More Crossovers – Deadline

LOEB: That they’re getting this brand that’s known throughout the world. It’s just a different kind of strategizing, which is what’s the best way that we can tell the world that Marvel adult animation is on Hulu, for example.

We were talking to them, and they started scratching because when you look at the success that they’ve had with Castle Rock and the world of terror. Something that really interested us and interested them, and we always knew that we were going to do something with Ghost Rider, we were just waiting for the right place to put it.

Then we started having the same conversation, which was there is in the comic book world the Spirit of Vengeance, and they are this sort of unusual group of characters, which involve Ghost Rider, which involve Helstrom, which involve Helstrom’s sister, Anna. We suddenly saw that there were three or four shows that we could put together that we now refer to as Adventure into Fear.

DEADLINE: Is that Marvel Horror under another name?

LOEB: No, it’s terror, because when you say horror, it means so many different things. There’s everything from Saw, which is the last thing that we want to do, gore-fest kind of thing to there’s a monster running around. What we love is the notion of how we can present a Marvel hero who was truly feared and truly believed that they were a monster, but that, as the stories go on, they realize, oh, I’m the hero of the story, I’m not the villain of the story. That’s not something we’ve ever done before. So we started with Ghost Rider, we went out and managed to get Gabriel Luna to come back and reproduce the role he played on S.H.I.E.L.D. Then we’re going to do Helstrom, and then there’s a couple more that we haven’t yet revealed to the world.

DEADLINE: It’s a new twist after the Netflix situation, which started on such a high and end almost as a case of death by a thousand streaming cuts, didn’t it?

LOEB: The hardest part was while the situation at Netflix of which I really can’t go into other than to say that we were blindsided and the things that were to come weren’t finished yet. We weren’t ready to announce that, so there was this space in between it, so it did look like maybe we were going to go out Then suddenly, we were arising again like the Phoenix.

DEADLINE: Which is a good narrative in hindsight, no?

LOEB: Yes but not while you’re in it. The truth of the matter is, we were on this thing where we said, oh wait, the bumper fell off the car, but the car’s still going, but we couldn’t discuss any of that. So, in the end, however history’s going to remember the story, all that’s important to us is that we had an opportunity to change television by putting together four heroes, who then joined together in a group, and people have talked about it like this is unprecedented.

Now, we’re going to do it again with the animated series, and then we’re going to do it again with the fear-based series. It’s now become, for us, our model. We would rather try to find ways of putting together a group of characters so that when a platform meets with us to talk about what we want to do, we’re trying to create a family on that platform.

DEADLINE: On the topic of platforms, there were rumors for at least a year of a Ghost Rider series on ABC?

LOEB: (LAUGHS) I know, you bugged us about it. But no, we never intended for it to be on ABC because we wanted to do a show that was more mature. Look, it has the weight in the best way that there had been a Daredevil movie, so that when there was a Daredevil television show, people knew the name. There was a lot of weight that came with the Daredevil movie that we had to shake off and prove ourselves that we could make a television show that became what it was. The good news is people love Gabe, people love the way that character works, the feature film levels special effects – and the part that’s really exciting is we’ll push it further. It will have a little fun that folks will really dig.

DEADLINE: So, what is it that you dig?

LOEB: When we start thinking about our shows, it’s how do we do better than we did the last time. That’s partially why I could not be prouder of the people who work here because they all have that same ethic. We will never be a factory. We don’t know how to be a factory. There is no Marvel prototype.

DEADLINE: Really?

LOEB: No. Trust me, we don’t know how to do that and tell the stories that we’re telling.

That’s why going back to the beginning, that’s why we can do a Legion, a Daredevil, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a Ghost Rider. I don’t know any kind of corporation that makes a product that could do that kind of thing unless it’s at its core a storytelling machine. We have all different kinds of voices and genders and people who want to tell stories through the Marvel library, and when that happens, you get Marvel.

I think they should bring Ghost Rider back either via Disney + or guest starring in another hero's film. Maybe Blade?

I think they should bring Ghost Rider back either via Disney + or guest starring in another hero's film. Maybe Blade?
There was a recent rumor that Marvel Studios wants to introduce their own Ghost Rider

Oh, from DanielRPK.

So just some scooper whose guess is about as good as anyone else's half the time, then.

If it means we get a movie instead I will be happy, but I am not convinced of that sadly.

This news pisses me off and makes me pretty sad. I was excited/hyped for it!

A movie better be in development instead but doubt it

This is disappointing. Marvel Studios might very do a Ghost Rider project at some point in the future with some version of the character and some actor, but I was looking forward to seeing Gabriel Luna in his own show playing Robbie Reyes sometime soon.

This bums me out considering it's the only thing Agents of SHIELD has done that I've liked lately. Is it too much to hope when Marvel does bring in Ghost Rider, they still hold on to Diego as Robbie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"