Ghost Rider animated series

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
With a new Ghost Rider movie comming out soon, I thought I come up some ideas for a Ghost Rider series. Here is the first season:

Episodes 1-2: Deal With The Devil

In order to save his father in law from cancer, stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze makes a deal with the demon lord known as Mephisto. He would sell his soul to Mephisto and in exchange his father in law would be cured. Mephisto did indeed cure the cancer, but engineered a car crash that killed Johnny's father in law. To make matters worse, Mephisto bonded Johnny's soul with uncontrollable demon named Zarathos. Now Johnny Blaze must fight to regain his freedom and honour.

Episode 3: Depraved

A vile serial killer named the Scarecrow is lose in NYC, he is killing people at random and leaving their bodies gutted and stuffed with straw. Ghost Rider vows to hunt down the maniac and make him pay. But will GR's hatred and demonic urges leave him down the wrong path?

Episode 4: Lilith

Mephisto has a new plan to harvest souls, he sends his vampiric servant Lilith to the mortal world to infect mortals with her curse and gain their souls for Mephisto. Ghost Rider vows to stop her, but can he suceed?

Episode 5: Deathwatched

A new crime boss named deathwatch is active NYC and is quickly taking control of all the gangs in NYC. When Deathwatch's corruption seeps into Ghost Rider's neighbourhood, Johnny vows to stop him, but is there more to Death Watch then meet's the eye?

Episode 6: Cursed

A young man named Alex has sold his soul for the power to protect his family in one of the roughest neighbourhoods in NYC. Mephisto of course betrays Alex and gives him the power he desired, but at a price, he was transformed into a horrorific monster that was entirely under Mephisto's control. Now Mephisto has tasked the creature with harvesting more corrupt souls for him. Only Ghost Rider can stop the creature, but only pity stay Ghost Rider's hand?

Episode 7: Snow Blinded

Mephisto has discovered a way to seperate Johnny Blaze from Zarathos' power for 24 hours. That may not be so bad, if Deathwatch didn't send one of his most dangerous assassins, the man named Snow Blind to kill GR. Snow Blind is man born blind, but he has developed his other senses to a super human level and has trained since he has 8 to be a lethal assassin. Can Johnny defeat Snow Blind without his demon powers?

Episode 8: Faith

A new cult he has become active in NYC, the group known as the "Church of the Saved" has engage in a campaign to clease the city of sin, by murdering anyone they deem sinful. However this church has a dark secret, their leader Reverend Styge is servant of Mephisto and has been tasked with harvesting more corrupt souls for him in exchange for enternal life. Can GR stop this blood thirsty cult?

Episode 9: A Madcap Adventure

A young man who has had his life taken away by an industrial accident has been transformed into Mad cap, a completely insane, indestrucible creature known as Mad Cap. Beleiving the that life is meaningless, Mad Cap goes conducting bizzare and dangerous pranks to convince others to adopt his view point. Can Ghost Rider stop this maddness?

Episode 10: Black Out

Deathwatch sends another assassin to kill GR, a man known only as Black Out.
When GR confronts this assassin, he is surprised to discover that the assassin has demonic powers. Could there be a connection between Deathwatch and Mephisto?

Episode 11: Vendetta

A man known as Centurious is hunting Ghost Rider, claiming to have a vendetta against Mephisto and all his servants. Centurious was able to use his magic to find that GR had traces of Mephisto power on him and assumes he is Mephisto's servant. Can GR convince Centurious he is not Mephisto's pawn and gain a new ally or will he fail?

Episode 12: Best of Enemies

Johnny Blaze looks up his old friend Drake Shannon from the motorcycle stunt show, that he has not since becomming Ghost Rider. However Johnny quickly discovers that Shannon has disfigured in a motorcycle accident and sold his soul to Mephisto in order to repair his face. However Mephisto also transformed Shannon into a demonic crteature known as the Orb. Now GR will have to fight the man who has once his best friend, can he win?

Season Finale: Episode 13: Heart of Darkness

Mephisto is tired of GR ruining his plans and sends his most powerful minion to destroy GR, his son Blackheart. Can GR survive his most difficult trail yet?

Interesting, although I'd really prefer Ghost Rider to be written as a western with demons instead of gunslingers. I'd have Johnny initially working for Mephisto on behalf of the pit, hunting down escaped demons and the such. Of course, eventually, it would be revealed that Mephisto's ultimate goal it to take control of Hell from the other high level demons and Lucifer for himself, and Johnny is a key in this plan. Also, I'd play up on Scarecrow's demonic nature.

The Question said:
Interesting, although I'd really prefer Ghost Rider to be written as a western with demons instead of gunslingers. I'd have Johnny initially working for Mephisto on behalf of the pit, hunting down escaped demons and the such. Of course, eventually, it would be revealed that Mephisto's ultimate goal it to take control of Hell from the other high level demons and Lucifer for himself, and Johnny is a key in this plan. Also, I'd play up on Scarecrow's demonic nature.

I already have a bunch of demonic creatures running around, a regular serial killer is a nice change of pace. Besides he can always he become more demonic in later seasons, he didn't start out as a demon in a comics, he first died and became one. As for GR, he hates Mephisto for double crossing him, so it only makes sense that he defies him early on, besides you always want the main character to be likable, so him being an anti hero who defies Mephisto is more heroic, than being Mephisto's bus boy.

The Overlord said:
I already have a bunch of demonic creatures running around, a regular serial killer is a nice change of pace. Besides he can always he become more demonic in later seasons, he didn't start out as a demon in a comics, he first died and became one.

Still, I think it fits the character better. Besides, he wasn't a psychotic killer until he became a demon. Origionally, he was just a thief. Dying and returning to life as a fear demon drove him mad.

The Overlord said:
As for GR, he hates Mephisto for double crossing him, so it only makes sense that he defies him early on, besides you always want the main character to be likable, so him being an anti hero who defies Mephisto is more heroic, than being Mephisto's bus boy.

I disagree.

1) The main character doesn't always have to be likable. Simply interesting. There's a difference.

2) You'd get more stories out of him starting out as Hell's bounty hunter, working off of Mephisto's orders, and eventually turning on him as Mephisto manipulates him in his plans to usurp the various thrones and feifdomes of Hell for himself.

You could also have the forces of Heaven trying to use Johnny against all of Hell, and Johnny eventually serving as a middle man between the two forces by serving as both Hell's bounty hunter and Heaven's angel of vengence.

The Question said:
Still, I think it fits the character better. Besides, he wasn't a psychotic killer until he became a demon. Origionally, he was just a thief. Dying and returning to life as a fear demon drove him mad.

All in good time, there are future episodes where he can come back as a demon, but I want GR to fight a regular serial killer first. Besides Scarecrow went insane because his mother beat him when he acted out and then gave a gift out of guilt, which really screwed up his moral compass. That's back story he got in the 80s and he did fight GR and was serial killer before died and went to Hell.

I disagree.

1) The main character doesn't always have to be likable. Simply interesting. There's a difference.

People perfer their main character to be somewhat likable, even anti heroes who thread the line between hero and villain

2) You'd get more stories out of him starting out as Hell's bounty hunter, working off of Mephisto's orders, and eventually turning on him as Mephisto manipulates him in his plans to usurp the various thrones and feifdomes of Hell for himself.

Why would GR care who runs Hell? Besides I want Mephisto to be in charge of Hell in the animated universe, that makes a great threat and justifys has status as an ongoing threat. Besides Mephisto screwed over both Johnny and Zarathos, why would either of them serve Mephisto after that?

You could also have the forces of Heaven trying to use Johnny against all of Hell, and Johnny eventually serving as a middle man between the two forces by serving as both Hell's bounty hunter and Heaven's angel of vengence.

Nah, I would perfer if both Heaven and Hell were against GR, then it is truly GR vs. the world. Hell is angry that GR defied them, while to Heaven, GR is just another demon slay, so he has fight both the forces of Hell and Heaven.

I like it.

But yes I have to agree with The Question about it being better using demons than gunslingers. I like gunslingers and the whole 'western' type feel to Gr is really what I love about all of it, but HE himself is basically a demon....so let's not introduce gunslingers JUST yet.

CAH

The Overlord said:
All in good time, there are future episodes where he can come back as a demon, but I want GR to fight a regular serial killer first. Besides Scarecrow went insane because his mother beat him when he acted out and then gave a gift out of guilt, which really screwed up his moral compass. That's back story he got in the 80s and he did fight GR and was serial killer before died and went to Hell.

He wasn't a serial killer. He was a thief. He didn'ty start killing until he became a demon and went even crazier.

The Overlord said:
People perfer their main character to be somewhat likable, even anti heroes who thread the line between hero and villain

Still, there's no reason why he shouldn't start out working for Mephisto and then later quit.

The Overlord said:
Why would GR care who runs Hell? Besides I want Mephisto to be in charge of Hell in the animated universe, that makes a great threat and justifys has status as an ongoing threat. Besides Mephisto screwed over both Johnny and Zarathos, why would either of them serve Mephisto after that?

1) Mephisto is not the ruler of Hell in the comics. Only one part of hell. That still makes him a big threat, but gives oportunity for bigger stories, such as him leading a coup against Lucifer.

2) Johnny would care, since while Lucifer is content with ruling over the pit, Mephisto would want to spread his power to other realms.

3) It's not like he has much choice on the matter. Mephisto owns his soul. Besides, it's not like he'd be doing anything truely evil. At first, he would just be serving as Hell's bounty hunter, catching whatever demons and damned souls escape from the pit. Slowly, Johnny starts to realize that Mephisto has bigger plans, and soon breaks away.

The Overlord said:
Nah, I would perfer if both Heaven and Hell were against GR, then it is truly GR vs. the world. Hell is angry that GR defied them, while to Heaven, GR is just another demon slay, so he has fight both the forces of Hell and Heaven.

Except Heaven isn't stupid, and would realize that Johnny isn't just some demon that is killing people, since he isn't killing people.

The Overlord said:
With a new Ghost Rider movie comming out soon, I thought I come up some ideas for a Ghost Rider series. Here is the first season:

Episodes 1-2: Deal With The Devil

In order to save his father in law from cancer, stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze makes a deal with the demon lord known as Mephisto. He would sell his soul to Mephisto and in exchange his father in law would be cured. Mephisto did indeed cure the cancer, but engineered a car crash that killed Johnny's father in law. To make matters worse, Mephisto bonded Johnny's soul with uncontrollable demon named Zarathos. Now Johnny Blaze must fight to regain his freedom and honour.

Episode 3: Depraved

A vile serial killer named the Scarecrow is lose in NYC, he is killing people at random and leaving their bodies gutted and stuffed with straw. Ghost Rider vows to hunt down the maniac and make him pay. But will GR's hatred and demonic urges leave him down the wrong path?

Episode 4: Lilith

Mephisto has a new plan to harvest souls, he sends his vampiric servant Lilith to the mortal world to infect mortals with her curse and gain their souls for Mephisto. Ghost Rider vows to stop her, but can he suceed?

Episode 5: Deathwatched

A new crime boss named deathwatch is active NYC and is quickly taking control of all the gangs in NYC. When Deathwatch's corruption seeps into Ghost Rider's neighbourhood, Johnny vows to stop him, but is there more to Death Watch then meet's the eye?

Episode 6: Cursed

A young man named Alex has sold his soul for the power to protect his family in one of the roughest neighbourhoods in NYC. Mephisto of course betrays Alex and gives him the power he desired, but at a price, he was transformed into a horrorific monster that was entirely under Mephisto's control. Now Mephisto has tasked the creature with harvesting more corrupt souls for him. Only Ghost Rider can stop the creature, but only pity stay Ghost Rider's hand?

Episode 7: Snow Blinded

Mephisto has discovered a way to seperate Johnny Blaze from Zarathos' power for 24 hours. That may not be so bad, if Deathwatch didn't send one of his most dangerous assassins, the man named Snow Blind to kill GR. Snow Blind is man born blind, but he has developed his other senses to a super human level and has trained since he has 8 to be a lethal assassin. Can Johnny defeat Snow Blind without his demon powers?

Episode 8: Faith

A new cult he has become active in NYC, the group known as the "Church of the Saved" has engage in a campaign to clease the city of sin, by murdering anyone they deem sinful. However this church has a dark secret, their leader Reverend Styge is servant of Mephisto and has been tasked with harvesting more corrupt souls for him in exchange for enternal life. Can GR stop this blood thirsty cult?

Episode 9: A Madcap Adventure

A young man who has had his life taken away by an industrial accident has been transformed into Mad cap, a completely insane, indestrucible creature known as Mad Cap. Beleiving the that life is meaningless, Mad Cap goes conducting bizzare and dangerous pranks to convince others to adopt his view point. Can Ghost Rider stop this maddness?

Episode 10: Black Out

Deathwatch sends another assassin to kill GR, a man known only as Black Out.
When GR confronts this assassin, he is surprised to discover that the assassin has demonic powers. Could there be a connection between Deathwatch and Mephisto?

Episode 11: Vendetta

A man known as Centurious is hunting Ghost Rider, claiming to have a vendetta against Mephisto and all his servants. Centurious was able to use his magic to find that GR had traces of Mephisto power on him and assumes he is Mephisto's servant. Can GR convince Centurious he is not Mephisto's pawn and gain a new ally or will he fail?

Episode 12: Best of Enemies

Johnny Blaze looks up his old friend Drake Shannon from the motorcycle stunt show, that he has not since becomming Ghost Rider. However Johnny quickly discovers that Shannon has disfigured in a motorcycle accident and sold his soul to Mephisto in order to repair his face. However Mephisto also transformed Shannon into a demonic crteature known as the Orb. Now GR will have to fight the man who has once his best friend, can he win?

Season Finale: Episode 13: Heart of Darkness

Mephisto is tired of GR ruining his plans and sends his most powerful minion to destroy GR, his son Blackheart. Can GR survive his most difficult trail yet?

I like that.:dew:

By the way, how do I post a pic with my name?

was jonny married to roxy in the pilot episode i was wondering about that after i read the tFATHER IN LAW refference

The Overlord strikes again! Great stuff, I like it.

Now for the cast:

Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider: Richard Grieco
Crash Simpson (pilot only): Kris Kristofferson
Roxanne Simpson (pilot only): Daphne Zuniga
Mephisto: John Rhys-Davies
Zarathos: Michael Ironside
Lilith: Juliet Landau
Deathwatch: Michael Dorn

More later

3dman27 said:
was jonny married to roxy in the pilot episode i was wondering about that after i read the tFATHER IN LAW refference

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

I Think Todd McFarlane creator of the spawn animated series would make a really good ghost rider animated series and a dr strange animated series
if made similar to the spawn cartoon same type of drawings same graphic content same dark demonic type of action cartoon it would definately get a worldwide audiece the 2 series could cross over as they have fought the same enemies both battling lords of hells demons vampires and sorcerers
who do you think will make a good ghost rider and dr strange animated series?

If only Marvel respect Ghost Rider like the fans do, we'd have some kick ass animated shows and movies. Kudos to all the awesome ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"