Gen13 Appreciation/Discussion Thread

I guarantee you are the only human being on earth that didnt get that my post was a joke...

SpideyInATree said:
go back there and be a trolling moron, I really don't care.
spidey, he's joking now. Drop it.

Besides, this Elijya dude is smart enough to know that without my trolling, horrible typing skills and prison sex jokes, this board just wouldnt be the same.

Elijya, be reasonable...where else will you find a poster whos "X" section in his comic box ONLY includes Xenozoic Tales and Dark Horse's X?

Where else will you find a poster who is passionately praying for the return of Haywire?

Where else will you find a poster whos is convinced that if he had to, Mr. Spook from Beanworld could kick Wolverines butt?

Lets face it pal, Im not just here for my sex appeal!

SpideyInATree said:
Well, maybe it wasn't good, BY YOUR STANDARDS. But I liked it. And I'm not alone.

Actually, I think ya might just be.. :p

In your opinion guys, should there be a crossover between Gen13 and X-Men?

Heretic said:
Where else will you find a poster who is passionately praying for the return of Haywire?

And here I thought I was the only one.

Silver Sable said:
In your opinion guys, should there be a crossover between Gen13 and X-Men?
They kind of already did...

They had a crossover with Generation X.

GENERATION X/GEN 13 (1998)
1.gif

hey just need some info here.

question one: how exactly did the gen-13ers gain their abilities? i know there was some kind of shady government agency involved.

question two: what are flashsuits? are they kinda like unstable molecules?

^I think someone watched Silence of the Lambs one time too many.

Oh, I read it wrong. A Flashsuit can be found in the ring of Wally West.

And yeah. I would explain that with unstable molecules. It still wouldn't make sense though.

Of course it doesn't make sense, it's SCIENCE!

Without a doubt,one of my favorite comic`s in the 90`s.Was Gen13,i have nearly every issue of it.But i stopped reading it around Issue 25,when the gang got back from space.

What happened to it now?Is it still around?What happened to Fairchild,Rainmaker,Grunge,Burnout and Freefall?

You have nearly every issue but you stopped at 25? Dude, that isn't even half of that series' run.

I heard it was supposed to come back pretty soon. I only have the first trade, though.

This should be in the DC forum, since Gen13 is a Wildstorm title.

Anyway, I never read much Gen13, though I became familiar with a few characters through hearsay. Question: did Gen13 change a lot over its run(s)? That seems to be a common thing for Wildstorm titles. StormWatch had spin-offs and evolved into the Authority, WildCATS evolved into a corporate drama with superheroics as a secondary concern at best, etc. Did Gen13 get major changes to its core concepts and characters too?

I'm starting to get into the comic.Burnout seems interesting :O

hulkamania85 said:
I heard it was supposed to come back pretty soon. I only have the first trade, though.

It is? That's awesome. Gen 13 was one of my favorites too. It would be nice to see this book come back, but what made Gen 13 stand tall was the artwork of J. Scott Campbell. When other artists took over, it began to suffer. Any cahnce of Campbell doing the art if and when Gen 13 comes back?

I read it for the first 30 issues or so, but only because it was the "hot" comic at the time (and plus I was a young teenager and the boobies didn't hurt). But really I never enjoyed the stories or the characters, they all seemed pretty insipid to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"