Comics The OFFICIAL Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane Thread!

J. J. Jameson

There and back again.
Reaction score
It's back! Spider-man Loves Mary Jane is starting again this week, August 6th. Girly comic or not, I'm bonkers about this book. I loved both Mary Jane mini-series and the original 20 issue run of "Spider-Man Loves MJ". Whether or not it was targeted for a female audience, it was a fun book that really captured the soap-opera nature of Spider-Man in a unique and enjoyable way...not in the crap-tastic way that BND has been trying to force.

Anyway, this is for fans of the old series, discussion of past stories, speculation about new stories, and chats about current issues. Here's the cover for #1 of the new series. I hope it's as enjoyable as the first run :up:

SMLOVMJ_S2_COV.jpg

Varient:

SMLMJ-01_alphona_var.jpg

I'm glad to see this finally coming back. It's been great so far, so hopefully the quality will remain high.

Interestingly enough, the new writer is a huge Gwen fan and is pro Peter/Gwen (a fan of the Peter/Gwen/MJ triangle). That makes me wonder if we'll see that aspect come through in the new series.

I'd be happy with that. I've always been a big Peter/Gwen fan. It's great to see that duo in comics today (Although, post OMD...I'm happy to see either girl at Pete's side :csad:)

did anyone pick the issue up yet. and if you did put a summary on

I can't wait I love the series

I read an early review of the issue and they said it isn't is predecessor, but it isn't horrible either. I have my own doubts that it will reach the greatness of the previous series.

This is the first time I read this series. It's intersting....so far, the first issue is all about setting up so I hope something will happen soon. Spidey Kong is all kind of awesomeness, so does the girl who scream 'HELP!!!' :D

This is the first time I read this series. It's intersting....so far, the first issue is all about setting up so I hope something will happen soon. Spidey Kong is all kind of awesomeness, so does the girl who scream 'HELP!!!' :D

I really really REALLY can't tell you enough how much you should read the first two series, which are collected in two hardcovers.

Mary Jane had two story arcs, and then Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane ran for 20 issues. At the time, they were my favorite Spidey books being put out. A nice escape from the awfulness of "The Other".

I remember the one issue, Gwen was telling a story that had happened to her and in her version of the story, Spidey said "LOL". I said to myself, yeah...this is an awesome book.

I love it. It feels my need for Mary Jane, since Quesada got his way and she's either A) A terrible dressed disco superheroine who remembers she use to be married but is dating some Hollywood Jerk B) A woman who remembers she was married but is dating a Hollywood Jerk, she also happens to have a stalker who likes to play superhero while dressed as her.

This is my first exposure to the series, but I did enjoy it. It'd actually be nice for whenever **** gets fixed in Amazing for 616 Mary Jane to get her own series similar to this. I'd read it. :up:

Interestingly enough, I read a quote on IGN from Terry Moore. He said while this book is obviously "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane", it's all the more important now because Amazing Spider-Man is "Spider-Man DOESN'T Love Mary Jane". Props to Moore for that :up:

I'm eternally amused by an offhand remark made by Terry Moore regarding his run on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane. According to him, Amazing Spider-Man might as well be called Spider-Man Doesn't Love Mary Jane these days.

Picked up my stash from the comic shop yesterday, was totally surprised when they pulled this out, totally forgot about it. Was cool that they never cancelled it from my list.

Havent had a chance to read it yet, probally check it out after work. Will be the first time since OMD/BND that I've read a spidey book ( &the only marvel title I'll be picking up).

Spidey & MJ are back! :D

As a 24 year old male, should I be embarrassed about picking up the hardcovers of the previous two series? I mean, from the outside it looks like a comic aimed at young girls.

As a 24 year old male, should I be embarrassed about picking up the hardcovers of the previous two series? I mean, from the outside it looks like a comic aimed at young girls.

It's darn good reading. That's all that matters.

Heck, lots of Sandman's readers were girls, and do us guys have gripes about picking that up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"