General Gaming News

Last edited:
Not sure anyone cares but Kotaku is about to completely sink under the waves and disappear entirely. Their corporate overlords are demanding they put out 50 guides a week, split between around 7-8 people and drop game news and opinion pieces or anything else that matters.

They have slowly been growing irrelevant for years now but there is momentum to it now. By this fall they may no longer exist.

Not surprised. Many recent offerings leave a lot to be desired.

Once upon a time, developer Monolith was working on this Batman project with the hope it would tie in with Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight film series. However, the game was eventually scrapped - reportedly in part due to the films' director never officially giving the idea his blessing.

A 2019 episode of Did You Know Gaming? reported that this cancelled Batman project - which was codenamed Apollo - would have featured a variety of stealth and combat mechanics inspired by the Arkham games, open-world technology and the foundation of what would eventually become Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system.
Looks like a Batman-ass Batman game. Detective work and Arkham-style combat. Pretty neat.

Multiplayer games have more playtime than single player games because they’re designed to not end until the servers are offline. So it’s an inherently skewed statistic.

Why a Montreal video game consulting studio is at the centre of an online anti-diversity storm​

Sweet Baby Inc. is accused of forcing political agendas. Developers call it a misinformed hate campaign

The Discord server at the center of Gamergate 2.0 is, in some respects, like any other online community. While I was there, I observed people talking about their day, their jobs, and their interests. Its members streamed themselves playing Bejeweled and showed off their personal video game development projects. But one chat room over, the server was filled with racist memes, sexist and ableist slurs, antisemitic messages, and incitations of violence against women and people of color. And at the center of it all was one video game narrative development company: Sweet Baby Inc.

Last edited:
Last year, I played Mass Effect trilogy, LA Noire, The Last Guardian for the first time... plus purchased the definitive edition of GTA Trilogy which are just a version of old games. So I guess I'm part of this survey.

Though I bought Guardians / Miles Morales for the first time lastyear and played them.
I bought Resident Evil Village as well,I just haven't played that one yet.

Slay the Spire 2 announced! We should also see the roguelite Prince of Persia game from the Dead Cells devs. :mrk:

I've thought about this idea for a while, as a player, since I've been diving into single player games lately.

When I beat a game, there are some that just leave me in awe of how amazing the experience was. At the end of the game, I've often thought "I wish I could give these folks another $10 or $20 because it was worth more than my initial $70 and they didn't try to nickel and dime me every second".

Games like HZD, GoW, RDR2, BG3, Elden Ring, etc. I know $70 is already a lot, but it's an option at the end of the game I wish I had at times. Some games are that special.

I know most will dislike this idea. :) BTW, I realize we are tired of "tipping" in everything else - but I view this different from a pressure to tip type scenario many face and give feedback on.
Ybarra’s reputation for being an Activision/Blizzard goof continues unabated.

Games are also made by hundreds of people, who in the **** are you ‘tipping’, the executives? The payment processors also get a 30% cut.

Just pay your darn employees and allow unionization.

February 2024:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"