Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

NickNitro

Extra Terrestrial
Reaction score
Georgia Governor Signs 'Unprecedented' Gun Rights Bill

slide_345031_3602207_free.jpg

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) signed a sweeping gun rights bill on Wednesday.

House Bill 60, also known as The Safe Carry Protection Act, will allow licensed gun owners to carry their firearms into public places, including bars, nightclubs, schools, churches and government buildings.

“People who follow the rules can protect themselves and their families from people who don’t follow the rules,” Deal said, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. “The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should reside at the forefronts of our minds.”

The National Rifle Association has praised the bill as "the most comprehensive pro-gun reform legislation introduced in recent state history" and called it a “historic victory for the second amendment.” Americans for Responsible Solutions, a gun control organization started by former Rep. Gabrille Giffords (D-Ariz.), fought to defeat the bill, calling it "the most extreme gun bill in America."

Colin Goddard, a survivor of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting who now works with the advocacy group Everytown For Gun Safety, called the bill "unprecedented."

“The Stand Your Ground expansion is truly a new type of Stand Your Ground as we know it,” Goddard said of the measure, which some critics dubbed the "guns everywhere" bill. “To expand it in such a way to remove all carrying or possession offenses is really unprecedented.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/23/georgia-gun-bill_n_5199630.html

He's right. The 2nd amendment should never be an afterthought. At the forefront of my mind is that part that says "well regulated militia", emphasis on the word "regulated".

Disclaimer: I am pro gun. Very much so. But wild and free carry permission is NOT the answer.

Beat ya to it in the stupid thread haha. Like I said there, let it be known henceforth that GA is the safest state in the union and in no way will gun toting idiots in every facet of the state ever lead to anything but dead bad guys all over!! Haha these morons are glorious!

this was posted already? I should of figured you would of got a hold of this already. dang

I like the argument that pro gun nutters put forth that this will make criminals "think twice" about committing a crime.

As if logic and reason are what goes through a criminal's mind :whatever:

This won't change anything. The rates of violence in Georgia are scary high and will continue to be up there, regardless of these new rules.

And when more people get shot? Get more guns. More guns is the answer to all of your problems in life.

I like the argument that pro gun nutters put forth that this will make criminals "think twice" about committing a crime.

As if logic and reason are what goes through a criminal's mind :whatever:

This won't change anything. The rates of violence in Georgia are scary high and will continue to be up there, regardless of these new rules.

Now even innocent bystanders can look forward to the risk of getting shot from shootouts in public!

Because that worked so well in the wild west.

Well, the bad guys are gonna get guns whether they're legal or not, so it's good that we can have people in schools that can stop this stuff. A lot of lives may have been saved had someone at Sandy Hook had a gun. I'm relatively a pacifist, but I don't see any way that guy could have been stopped before killing more kids without getting shot. Unless they used some instant tranq or something like that.

And you'll know who the bad guy with the gun is from the good guy with the gun by the burglar mask and bag of money the bad guy will be wearing.

Just because people have a concealed weapons licence doesn't mean they are all mentally stable at all times. What if a guys wife leaves him, he gets drunk in a bar...carrying a gun he is clearly able to under law, and decided to either take his life right there or shoot up the bar. Its an exaggeration I know.

I get that they want the thugs and low lifes to know now any typical bystander can be potentially carrying a weapon on them, and will make them think twice about robbing someone, what have you....I just find that there are new issues that arise.

And you'll know who the bad guy with the gun is from the good guy with the gun by the burglar mask and bag of money the bad guy will be wearing.

Um..The bad guy is the one shooting at children or bank tellers.:huh:

What happens when the police arrive, find two or three, more people all armed with guns shooting? They just shoot them all or wait until someone's left standing to ask who started it? And what happens if you do shoot someone else? Is that justifiable homocide? What about when these not-so-crack-shots start randomly firing at the guy who pulled a gun and miss, hitting innocent civilians? Do we just excuse that as they were going to get shot anyways?

Does this mean that a licensed gun owner can walk into a police station packing heat? :doh::doh:

Does this mean that a licensed gun owner can walk into a police station packing heat? :doh::doh:
Yes, and since all those cops know he's not going to pull a Terminator and shoot the place up, he should be okay.

Um..The bad guy is the one shooting at children or bank tellers.:huh:
So you hear gunfire and want to play the wild west action star. You run around the corner to play hero and there are 2 or three people having a shootout, all of them are conceal carry and in plain clothes. Who do you shoot first?

So you hear gunfire and want to play the wild west action star. You run around the corner to play hero and there are 2 or three people having a shootout, all of them are conceal carry and in plain clothes. Who do you shoot first?
Like I said, the guy wearing the burglar mask! :doh:

Honestly you both are so convinced there's no possibility I could have any valid points, that arguing is pointless. You've ignored where I clearly stated I'm not pro violence, in fact I'm anti-violence, you just keep focusing on "OOOH HE LIKES GUNS, HE'S WRONG."

I like both of you as people and I hope this doesn't change your opinion of me, but arguing about it is clearly pointless, so I'm not gonna argue about it anymore.:)

Now even innocent bystanders can look forward to the risk of getting shot from shootouts in public!

Because that worked so well in the wild west.

The wild west actually had stricter gun laws than we have today.

Like I said, the guy wearing the burglar mask! :doh:
Silly me. It's SOOOO obvious. Especially while gunshots are going off in one of the most intense life and death situations a human can possibly be in and even people who train for these situations have trouble reacting...but this guy...this guy knows to shoot the bad guy wearing the burglar mask.

How to identify a bad guy:
Bad guys are known to be cackling wildly and twisting his evil mustache while firing his gun wildly with his other hand.
Usually he has recently tied a damsel to train tracks with rope. So if you are near train tracks, be careful. Bad guys tend to gravitate towards train tracks.

I really just hope this place would go to hell and we just had to fend for ourselves. It would be a lot less exhausting than *****ing about who's right for countless hours/days/months/years ont he internet.

Well, the bad guys are gonna get guns whether they're legal or not, so it's good that we can have people in schools that can stop this stuff. A lot of lives may have been saved had someone at Sandy Hook had a gun. I'm relatively a pacifist, but I don't see any way that guy could have been stopped before killing more kids without getting shot. Unless they used some instant tranq or something like that.

Honestly you both are so convinced there's no possibility I could have any valid points, that arguing is pointless. You've ignored where I clearly stated I'm not pro violence, in fact I'm anti-violence, you just keep focusing on "OOOH HE LIKES GUNS, HE'S WRONG."

I like both of you as people and I hope this doesn't change your opinion of me, but arguing about it is clearly pointless, so I'm not gonna argue about it anymore.:)
You went on and on about guns and how they would have saved so many lives and then had one sentence of reason, that you just totally glossed over. If you're so pro non violence, why would you not be for advocating, tazers, tranqs and other non lethal methods instead of immediately going the NRA route?

I'm not trying to ba a jerk, just wondering why you would advocate guns(violent) over tranqs, tazers, etc (non violent methods) for effective methods of defense.

Last edited:
Webhead there are extreme situations where it will be obvious who is the bad guy, just like Sandy Hook. But in most cases having everyone around you packing heat possibly is just a mixture for trouble. Let say for instance I law abiding citizen finds out his wife is cheating on him with his best friend so he goes down to the local watering hole to confront him. Things get heated and both individuals start shooting at each other. What happens when other people in the bar who are armed too decide they should be the ones to end this? What happens when other patrons are shot by the crossfire? When the cops arrive how will they be able to tell which one is in the wrong? This is going to cause a lot more problems than it will solve.

There are tons of people in all 50 states that have concealed weapons permits and carry guns legally. Yet for all those gun owners where are all these stories of local man saves others because he was carrying his gun? Yes there are a few stories here and there but the majority of crime committed with guns happen so fast and the perpetrator usually target people that they are pretty certain don't have guns so this law is moot

You went on and on about guns and how they would have saved so many lives and then had one sentence of reason, that you just totally glossed over. If you're so pro non violence, why would you not be for advocating, tazers, tranqs and other non lethal methods instead of immediately going the NRA route?

Because I have a terrible habit of my immediate reaction to anything being to play devil's advocate. Listen, I'm all for tazers and tranqs as well. I'm not sure how fast tranqs work though, although for that matter, guns don't actually work as fast to take people down as people think they do either. Tazers are an option but do they make any that don't require wires? The wires make it complicated.

This could be an option I suppose, but it's still not a perfect solution.

http://www.wired.com/2007/07/taser-goes-wire/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"