Get to Know your Comic Artists and Writers

Russian or Ukrainian or something. German doesn't have that many different letters from the alphabet that English uses.

Is he? Djurdjevic doesn't sound like a German name. I guess his family could've moved at some point.

Alan Davis - artist of Captain Britain and ClanDestine
AlanDavis.jpg

found it.

Brian Bolland- artist of Batman: the Killing Joker
BrianBolland.jpg

Garth Ennis- writer of the Punisher and Preacher
GarthEnnis.jpg

Scott Kolins - artist of Omega Flight
ScottKollins1.jpg

If anyone has a bigger or better photo go ahead and post it.

Roy Thomas- writer/creator of Infinity Inc.
RoyThomas.jpg

Dan Jurgens - writer and artist on Superman and created Doomsday
DanJurgens1.jpg

Mark Texeira - artist of Sabertooth solo
DSC00036.jpg

[BLACKOUT]
(this photo is from me)
[/BLACKOUT]

Thanks for posting pics,
What has Marko Djurdjevic done by the way?

Here is a more current photo of Marc Silvestri
MarcSilvestri2.jpg

and another of Texeira signing my sketchbook
DSC00037.jpg

Never mind about Marko Djurdjevic, found his stuff on google.

I was just going to say that. Alan Davis looks like a Brit, but not like I thought he would. Bolland looks nothing like I thought he would. Thomas, Kolins and Ennis don't look a thing like I thought they would. Jurgens fits the bill, I suppose. And Tex looks pretty much how I would've imagined.

I am not trying to pull the curtain away, or shatter anyones perceptions. I'm just trying to show everyone what these artists look like so that we can recognize them at Comic Cons and such.
Also, I think it sort of gives them some kind of recognition. Sort of put the spot light on them.

Ty Templeton - writer of Batman Adventures and Simpson Comics
TyTempleton.jpg

David Williams - artist of Hulk / Powerpack
DavidBrohawkWilliams.jpg

Gail Simone - writer of Villians United, the New Atom, and Deadpool
GailSimone.jpg

Mark Bagley - artist of Ultimate Spider-Man
MarkBagley.jpg

Stuart Immonen - artist of Next Wave and Ultimate Fantastic Four
StewartImmonen2.jpg

Kaare Andrews - writer and artist of Spider-Man: Reign
KaareAndrews2.jpg

John Byrne - writer and artist of Superman & Batman: Generations
JohnByrne3.jpg

That's German, isn't it?

Nope. German utilizes the same letters as English, for the most part, except they have three umlaut letters and an ess-tsett. That paper is in Cyrillic, probably Russian or somewhere near there as someone else said. I believe the main heading is "Politics" in English. (I'm learning Russian, but I can't be entirely sure that's the word since some of it is obscured.) I also see the word for "country" in a subheading on that page.
Djurdjevic sounds like an East European name to me. So I guess he's probably from a East European family in Germany.

Anyway, it's pretty interesting seeing the artists and writers behind the comics. Some of them are a lot older than I would've thought.

I'm disillusioned by all the ugly and old people. It makes me lose respect for their works. Bagley really freaks me out. Not that I really dig his art, anyway. He looks like a dead-eyed pedo

I'm surprised John Byrne's head fit in the shot.

Djurdjevic could do so much better than you. :o Besides which, he'd probably shoot you for asking. Look at that face. He'd shoot you for existing near him.

I heard that Ludlum based his Jason Bourne character on Marko Djurdjevic. Actually, a friend of mine has proof.

Here are some more pictures of comic book artists. Also if you have your own pictures of comic pencilers or writers or inkers, go ahead and post them. Or if you have better pics than what is already posted, go ahead and post those.
Or if you want a picture, go on and ask. maybe I or someone else here can find it online somewhere, and then post that picture for you.

Frank Miller - artist, writer, creator, of Sin City
FrankMiller.jpg

Rob Liefeld - artist of X-Force
RobLiefeld.jpg

Fabian Nicieza - writer of X-Force
FabianNicieza.jpg

Sal Buscema - artist of New Mutants vol. 1 #4-17, 54
SalBuscema.jpg

Chris Claremont - writer of Uncanny X-Men
ChrisClaremont.jpg

Peter David - writer of X-Factor and Young Justice
PeterDavid.jpg

Ron Lim - artist of X-Men 2099
RonLim.jpg

Holy mother of Christ, Ron Lim looks nothing like I'd picture him. I wasn't even in the right race. :(

Finally! Sal Buscema looks just about what I expected him to look like. :up:

Everytime I see Rob Liefeld, my hand makes a fist. :(

ugh, nice mustache, David. He looks like an elderly, depressed Yosemite Sam

Haha, he really does. He should've kept the goatee I always see him with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"