Ghost in the Shell: SAC 3rd GiG

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
I read somewhere on the internet that there's going to be a spinoff movie of GitS: SAC in the near future that will be sort of like a 90 minute long episode of the show. All I've read about it is that the plot has something to do with a terrorist group that wears sanskrit tattoos on their bodies, however I don't really know much else about it, or even when it comes out. Does anyone else know anything about it?

Timstuff said:
I read somewhere on the internet that there's going to be a spinoff movie of GitS: SAC in the near future that will be sort of like a 90 minute long episode of the show. All I've read about it is that the plot has something to do with a terrorist group that wears sanskrit tattoos on their bodies, however I don't really know much else about it, or even when it comes out. Does anyone else know anything about it?

Yes. It was previewed at the Tokyo Animation Fair.

It's a feature length movie called Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society. It's a direct sequel to the events of the series, and the end of season 2.

The plot deals with the Puppet Master. Which if you remember is what Section 9 dealt with in the first movie, which is a separate continuity from the series.

In seasons 1 and 2, there instances and reference to the Puppet Master and what happened to the major in the first movie.

No one's sure if Solid State Society is going to be released as an OVA in Japan or theatrically.

Hopefully Dreamworks will not have anything to do with it seeing as how they screwed up Innocence.

I'm more pisted that they didn't release the movie versions of the first two seasons here.

I was trying to put this in the anime forum but it got mixed up. ><

:eek: Must .......watch.....GiTS moooovie...........:eek:

GIVE IT! It's probably gonna take forever to come out just because I wanna see it.

Binker said:
I'm more pisted that they didn't release the movie versions of the first two seasons here.

How do you know they won't release those here eventually? Do you realize they haven't even finished releasing season 2 on DVD in the US?

Also can you give us more details on these movies? Are they feature length? And do they actually have a good cinematic style narrative? Or are they just condensed clip shows of the seasons?

Anyway, Solid State Society won't be released in Japan until later this year. So it will hopefully be out in the US in 2007. That is as long as Bandai Ent./Manga gets it and not morons that don't know jack about anime over at Go Fish Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"