Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

kaijunexus

Marvel Cinematic Universe
Reaction score
According to this excerpt from Entertainment Weekly, GHOST RIDER has returned to Marvel Studios!!

0BZ3AJDl.jpg

Personally, I'm really hoping that this could be grounds for a Midnight Sons movie!! :D

MIcaQ3hl.jpg

Ghost Rider being back can only be a good thing in my eyes, I liked the first GR movie from Sony, but it had major problems, hopefully Marvel dont let the character rot on the big screen as he has so much potential, not to mention he is possibly the most powerful marvel hero there is.

I guess Sony willingly gave the rights back after the movie bombed last year. Hopefully FF reboot bombs and Fox does the same.

Only 3 left Spiderman, Fantastic Four, X-men

Cool, give it a few years, make a new one featuring a young blaze, perhaps after he made the deal, traveling the country trying to find occultist ways of getting out of it, you can bring in brother voodoo as someone he meets with in his attempts to do so. Maybe even agatha hardness and daimon hellstrom. Have black heart be hunting him the entire time to collect for his father, and boom, you've got your movie.

Man, after two horrible movies...i'm not sure that even Marvel can make the character interesting enough for a movie....

I'd rather see Daredevil

Man, after two horrible movies...i'm not sure that even Marvel can make the character interesting enough for a movie....

Not that The Incredible Hulk was a bad movie, but it worked for the Hulk. Put Ghost Rider in a Midnight Sons movie with Strange and Blade and there you go, his character is fresh and exciting again.

Marvel Knights

Wesely Snipes-Blade
Nic Cage-Ghost Rider
Ben Affleck-Dare Devil
Thomas Jane-Punisher

Summer 2016

Unless Disney wants to pay the astronomical amount of money it probably will take, Spidey and X-Men will NEVER leave Sony and Fox.

They are tent pole films, franchises that will bring home box office blockbuster money almost guaranteed.

When Fox and Sony can see what Marvel/Disney is doing, why in their right mind would they give up two properties, before Iron Man and Batman, where the only two real juggernaut comic book franchises?

I would tend to believe that is accurate, given that the information is included in an EW interview with Feige. I'm sure they confirmed prior to including it.

Not that The Incredible Hulk was a bad movie, but it worked for the Hulk. Put Ghost Rider in a Midnight Sons movie with Strange and Blade and there you go, his character is fresh and exciting again

Yep, this is the way to go. Do the Dr. Strange solo in 2016 and follow it up with a Midnight Sons film in 2017.

I knew he was gonna come back sooner or later.I wonder what Marvels gonna do with him after those disastrous Nic Cage films.

I like the Midnight Sons idea, tbh.

I'm most interested in what they're gonna do with Daredevil and Punisher, tbh, since the MCU hasn't really featured street-level heroes, yet. Those types seem best-suited for TV, imo, so I'm very interested in seeing if they'll show up on SHIELD or even their own series.

Last edited:
Give it a decade before attempting to reboot that dogsh**.

Is it odd that the thing that excites me most about this news is that now we can have a proper Mephisto in the MCU? This can open a lot of doors, especially for the Infinity Gauntlet story.

Last edited:
Daredevil should have a TV show. He could easily be worked as a noir crime drama.

His stories especially work better as a serial than just one off films I think.

This also opens the door for fun Marvel One Shots that could prelude the films like Pixar does with short animated films before their features.

According to this excerpt from Entertainment Weekly, GHOST RIDER has returned to Marvel Studios!!

0BZ3AJDl.jpg

Is there anywhere I can find the complete article? I want to see what it says about why.

I guess Sony willingly gave the rights back after the movie bombed last year. Hopefully FF reboot bombs and Fox does the same.

Hopefully it'll stall before it gets made. The sooner the better.

Midnight Sons would give both Ghost Rider and Blade a breath of fresh air, and if Stange takes off Marvel will have him to anchor the film with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"