A Ghost Rider Animated Movie

Midnyte_Sun

Medianoche de Sol
Reaction score
I would love to see an animated Ghost Rider movie. Think of it, no constraints on action or creativity.

It could have jaw dropping visuals from a big studio animation house, or it could be a few Ghost Rider stories in one DVD with different animation studios working on seperate stories!

This would be a fan's dream come true.

i wouldnt like little movies by different studios. that reminds me too much of the......animatrix1!!! ugh

I would love to see an animated Ghost Rider movie. Think of it, no constraints on action or creativity.

It could have jaw dropping visuals from a big studio animation house, or it could be a few Ghost Rider stories in one DVD with different animation studios working on seperate stories!

This would be a fan's dream come true.

Yeah, that's a brilliant idea, MS! An animated movie sounds very interesting! :yay: I say that's a good start to bring up a good story for the Rider if it's such a trouble giving him a "live-action" film.

On a side note, recent news says they're gonna bring up ANOTHER X-Men animated series called "Wolverine & the X-Men". It's so disappointing. :csad: I mean, we've had too many of that throughout the decades, already. Haven't they had enough, yet? Why couldn't we have a Ghost Rider series, instead? Not only would it have been a whole new experience, but it could've also helped spread GR's name throughout the world- for kids & adults, alike. *Sigh*...... Yeah, yeah I know I'm too old for cartoons but I would still appreciate seeing my favorite superhero getting a lead role in T.V. for the very first time, ever.

Well if they do an animated movie, I hope they go in the way of Hellboy and make some straight to DVD titles. A mix DVD from different studios can help viewers find out which studio can make a great GR.

I personally would like to see an adult themed animated Ghost Rider movie. No origins needed, just a straight out action-packed movie w/some Horror themes in it.

Well if they do an animated movie, I hope they go in the way of Hellboy and make some straight to DVD titles. A mix DVD from different studios can help viewers find out which studio can make a great GR.

I personally would like to see an adult themed animated Ghost Rider movie. No origins needed, just a straight out action-packed movie w/some Horror themes in it.

You bet! A DVD series would be good (and new). I would like to see more of GR as an animated character- filled in the same dark manner his comics portrayed. With the same artistic-style they use for the comics, he'd definitely look awesome on-screen! All they need to do is feature JB in some original adventures (preferably based on the look-and-feel of Vol. 5) without the need for "major twists & what-not"; Just about the kind of story we'd normally expect in a straight-to-DVD title: simple, yet good on it's own way.

Coupled with that, producing it's cheaper! Hiring voice-actors cost smaller than Hollywood stars after all, and no more need to hire loads of propsmen or stuntmen-- just skilled animators to portray ol' Bonehead & co. nicely on TV.

Ever watched the animated "Spawn mini-series" aired on HBO? The story was superb, all-dark & faithful to the comic's adult-themed roots. I wish we could get the same experience with GR if they'll ever make an animated movie with him. And I hope one of Marvel's own is reading this.....

You bet! A DVD series would be good (and new). I would like to see more of GR as an animated character- filled in the same dark manner his comics portrayed. With the same artistic-style they use for the comics, he'd definitely look awesome on-screen! All they need to do is feature JB in some original adventures (preferably based on the look-and-feel of Vol. 5) without the need for "major twists & what-not"; Just about the kind of story we'd normally expect in a straight-to-DVD title: simple, yet good on it's own way.

Coupled with that, producing it's cheaper! Hiring voice-actors cost smaller than Hollywood stars after all, and no more need to hire loads of propsmen or stuntmen-- just skilled animators to portray ol' Bonehead & co. nicely on TV.

Ever watched the animated "Spawn mini-series" aired on HBO? The story was superb, all-dark & faithful to the comic's adult-themed roots. I wish we could get the same experience with GR if they'll ever make an animated movie with him. And I hope one of Marvel's own is reading this.....
\

I havent seen any of the episodes of the HBO, but I heard they were very good. I'd like to see also some Japanese studios to work on Ghost Rider. Now before you think big eyed Pokemon characters, I'd like to refer you to some of the Street Fighter Alpha animated movies (very Demonic natured) or "Blood: The Last Vampire" and Karas to know what I mean by animation studios who know how to handle characters of a dark and/or demonic nature.

Check some of these clips out and you'll know what I mean:

Blood the Last vampire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwd-IYbsJw&mode=related&search=

Karas: The Prophecy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrvrJYrzcM&mode=related&search=

Street Fighter Alpha Series Ryu vs Akuma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KbNHDEHq0

\

I havent seen any of the episodes of the HBO, but I heard they were very good. I'd like to see also some Japanese studios to work on Ghost Rider. Now before you think big eyed Pokemon characters, I'd like to refer you to some of the Street Fighter Alpha animated movies (very Demonic natured) or "Blood: The Last Vampire" and Karas to know what I mean by animation studios who know how to handle characters of a dark and/or demonic nature.

Check some of these clips out and you'll know what I mean:

Blood the Last vampire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwd-IYbsJw&mode=related&search=

Karas: The Prophecy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrvrJYrzcM&mode=related&search=

Street Fighter Alpha Series Ryu vs Akuma:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KbNHDEHq0

Impressive! :wow: An adult-themed Ghost Rider anime would, indeed, be a spectacular sight to see. :word: I've always been captivated by the style they use in Japanese animation-- though I never liked the 'big-lipped' artwork in "Blood the Last Vampire", Karas & Street Fighters' are definitely fit for GR (especially Karas')! I pray we'll get to see our very own Bonehead in one of those anime films someday, too.

As much as I hate to admit it, Top Cow got one over Marvel when they allowed their "Witchblade" series an anime adaptation of it's own. GONZO made one-- and while the plot/characters proved to be controversial due to them being set in Japan instead of our own country, I have to admit the artwork, dark tone, and overall "fell" worked splendidly!

BUT of course, I want Marvel to be more strict in licensing the GR francise to the Japanese (meaning giving them strict orders to stay faithful to the character's American background, setting, and plot of the comics). This is the only danger I observe whenever a license deal between an American company & a Japanese studio would occur-- the Japs tend to bastardize (or as people infamously call it: "Nipponize") what's normally seen as "American characters" to turn into "Japanese", all to fit their own country's setting. I wouldn't like that! :csad: Johnny Blaze & co. are all-round Americans and should remain that way!

I just hope Marvel is abided by these rules if they'll ever make the decision to strike a deal with a Japan-based studio to create a "Ghost Rider anime movie".....

I wish marvel would pull a top cow and send some of there characters to gonzo to make into an anime. Insted of this dtv crap they've been doing.

I wish marvel would pull a top cow and send some of there characters to gonzo to make into an anime. Insted of this dtv crap they've been doing.

Yeah but like I said-- don't forget the dangers of Nipponization!

Yeah but i'd rather have a really dark creepy looking Ghost rider from Japan then Nic cage and his craptastic movie.

I don't like the way the Japanese keep changing normally Western-based characters into their own. Johnny Blaze, Blackout, or even Dan Ketch were created to be Americans, and therefore have to STAY Americans, in an American setting-- cause that's who they are; An that's who WE are-- the majority of people who patronize GR's comics!

I hope the Japs would understand the meaning of "faithfulness" and "respect" to the country that licensed the product to them..... In other words, NO CHANGING NATIONALITY!

I agree with Cain on this one. I dont want to see them Japanize this movie in anyway, it should stay faithful to the comic, UNLESS they make two different versions, one for Japanese audiences ( with a flaming sword and Akira bike probably!) and one for the American audience.

Marvel seems to be using animation houses in Korea and China for some of their works lately. Their style is also good (Mighty Avengers, Iron Man, etc), and I'm sure its cheaper than the Japanese ones. Dr. Strange's animation looks very promising.

Ofcourse those Japanese movie houses will want big bucks if they do an anime based off a Marvel Character and Marvel doesnt want to make a movie that flops like most Animes.

I agree with Cain on this one. I dont want to see them Japanize this movie in anyway, it should stay faithful to the comic, UNLESS they make two different versions, one for Japanese audiences ( with a flaming sword and Akira bike probably!) and one for the American audience.

Marvel seems to be using animation houses in Korea and China for some of their works lately. Their style is also good (Mighty Avengers, Iron Man, etc), and I'm sure its cheaper than the Japanese ones. Dr. Strange's animation looks very promising.

Ofcourse those Japanese movie houses will want big bucks if they do an anime based off a Marvel Character and Marvel doesnt want to make a movie that flops like most Animes.

Fascinating. I didn't even know such houses existed! I checked out what you meant by "Dr. Strange's animation" MS, and it looks really good! I would love to see GR get the same treatment, someday. Iron Man, the Avengers, & now even Strange got his own animated movie (even if it's only direct-to-DVD). I hope the next one they make will be "Ghost Rider" as the star. Even if the plot's only simple or non-groundbreaking, I would be very glad to see good ol' Bonehead in some cool, old-fashion action scenes for the first time ever in his run (he guest-starred in a few TV series once, but they were merely "cameos" :csad:). An animated GR movie will be much appreciated by any good fan! And it could also help give him more "exposure". Let's pray Marvel makes one, someday....

As for Japanese deals, let's not go there yet. Let's wait until GR starts gaining more popularity with the masses (I think it's starting already! :cwink:) then we can see if it's a good idea to have him turn into "anime material". For now, just a good straight-to-DVD film by Lion's Gate productions will be enough to keep me satisfied.....

Yeah maybe they can release the animated movie to coincidie to the release of the actual sequel to the original movie. Many times the DVDs include a sneak peak at a movie or another DVD in the works.

BTW, the Spawn animated Show on HBO is really amazing to watch (regardless of the Venom/Batman/Ghost Rider inspired character). I bought the 3 season DVD collector's edition that was released recently and I have to say I love the dark tone and nature of this series. It does have lots of graphic violence, nudity, and vulgar language you would come to expect from a syndicated HBO tv series....but you can tell a lot of heart when into the making of this series, and that the script was very thorough in helping to develop all the characters. The action is amazing as well...watching it again...its got a good mix of dark horror, dark comedy, action/story that reminds you of a mix between Batman the Dark Knight, Sin City, and Ghost Rider.

Yeah maybe they can release the animated movie to coincidie to the release of the actual sequel to the original movie. Many times the DVDs include a sneak peak at a movie or another DVD in the works.

BTW, the Spawn animated Show on HBO is really amazing to watch (regardless of the Venom/Batman/Ghost Rider inspired character). I bought the 3 season DVD collector's edition that was released recently and I have to say I love the dark tone and nature of this series. It does have lots of graphic violence, nudity, and vulgar language you would come to expect from a syndicated HBO tv series....but you can tell a lot of heart when into the making of this series, and that the script was very thorough in helping to develop all the characters. The action is amazing as well...watching it again...its got a good mix of dark horror, dark comedy, action/story that reminds you of a mix between Batman the Dark Knight, Sin City, and Ghost Rider.

Hehe... Told ya it was good. :cwink: I haven't bought the DVD, though (watched the show in it's original run). If there's any additonal content found in the DVD, then I'll be glad to buy it, myself! But anyway, this is what I was talking about the kind of animated movie I want for GR: So dark & adult-rated-- yet with great effort, heart and soul. I hope we get one as good as this for Bonehead too, someday (he deserves it more than Spawn, anyway). I swear that Ghost Rider is potentially the greatest superhero of all time; 'Tis a shame he's still underrated :csad:.......

I kind of like it to be under rated in a sense. Better than being over rated thats for sure (like Spawn).

I dont mind if it stays under rated so long as there is a form of media that can show the character for the bad ass that he is, I don't care if it sells well or not.

Just once I'd like to see a movie or an animated movie that shows what Ghost Rider is capable of in terms of story, visuals, and action.

I kind of like it to be under rated in a sense. Better than being over rated thats for sure (like Spawn).

I dont mind if it stays under rated so long as there is a form of media that can show the character for the bad ass that he is, I don't care if it sells well or not.

Just once I'd like to see a movie or an animated movie that shows what Ghost Rider is capable of in terms of story, visuals, and action.

Indeed! :yay: Let's pray Marvel gives him that chance......

Although I liked Gonzo's Hellsing series for its style, horror elements, and violence, (the final battle kicked major ass) , but the show did have some flaws and that is a loose plot and annoying pauses to show backgrounds or a setting.

The most important thing is to have a studio who has BALLS. Yes I said it...ginormous BALLS to do a movie that is true to the style of the character, that has epic action and battles, and a fluid and artistic style of its own.

Although I liked Gonzo's Hellsing series for its style, horror elements, and violence, (the final battle kicked major ass) , but the show did have some flaws and that is a loose plot and annoying pauses to show backgrounds or a setting.

The most important thing is to have a studio who has BALLS. Yes I said it...ginormous BALLS to do a movie that is true to the style of the character, that has epic action and battles, and a fluid and artistic style of its own.
We also need a company that doesn't half ass it like lions gate. Look at WB when they do dtv movies. There animation flows much better and rarely ever does those little jumps you see in animation that lionsgate has been doing.

I gotta say I own everyone of Lionsgates Animated Marvel movies and all of them looked like they had a great thing going for them, but rarely did they ever achieve anything amazing.

What I remember:

Avengers best part - Hulk vs Avengers
Avengers II - Final Battle against Aliens
Iron Man - Cant remember any memorable scene...just the god awful CG.
Doctor Strange - Mordo's team battle against the Demon (1st scene). Again I remember the pixely mess the tornado's CG was.

-

None of them strived to be anything more than a rental. None of these movies tried to be a true animated movie. The animation was mostly choppy, the CG horrible, the only good thing was the sound effects and voice actors.

Marvel is a comic company. Going animated should be a natural for them, but they haven't done anything memorable with ANY Of their animated movies.

WHen are we gonna get the "AKIRA" for Marvel Animated movies? And if there is one coming...why the hell can't it be Ghost Rider???

Is it too much to ask?

With Marvel putting out so many Direct To Video movies, especially with that "Young Avengers" or "Avengers Reborn" movie, I don't see why Ghost Rider hasn't been created yet.

Doctor Strange was just released, and from what I've heard, it's the best one yet.

Hulk Smash is also coming up soon.

I own Doctor Strange on DVD and I have to say its not that special. There was lots of hype behind it, but it fails in many aspects. For one, the animation (most important part) is choppy, the CG effects were horrible, and the story was rushed. On top of all that, the action was lacking until the end and the last fight (which should have been epic) lasted only a few minutes.

Of all of them, Avengers 1 was probably the best, with Avengers 2 in close second. Iron Man was forgettable, as was Doctor Strange.

Marvel just wants to make a quick rental buck on hype alone, they have no interest it seems in making a true animated movie with real heart.

I will admit that Marvel makes some damn good comics with lots of heart, blood, sweat, and tears into it.

Whenever they try to promote their character to a wider audience, they tend to sell the rights to some studio who is looking to make a quick buck...for the most part, they have ruined the character, with the only exceptions being Blade, Spiderman and the X-Men, most of the profits ofcourse going to the studios and not to Marvel.

Studios either dumb it down for a wider audience, or worse yet, change the character and stories completely at the director's whim. Sometimes that angers fans, and sometimes it angers creators like Alan Moore (V for Vendetta, League of Exrtraordinary Gentlemen) or Gary Freidrich (co-creator of Ghost Rider), the latter who actually sued Sony.

Marvel needs to get back the rights for its franchises and make animated movies and movies that are not dictated by the almighty studio, but by their guts in terms of where they want to take their franchises.

No matter what Todd McFarlane is (some say is a total *****e bag), he sticks with his work and he puts a lot of blood and sweat into making the animated show the way he knows the fans want it.

At times he was successful, and at times not, but he still knows that no damn studio has the right to screw with a character. When HBO cancelled the series after 3 seasons, McFarlane was and is still trying to get HBO to let him make more, and I doubt any fan of the book would say no to that!

On top of that, he's working on another Spawn movie and since he's not going to listen to the Studios, no Studio will finance it so he's doing it solo for the sake of the character. The man has some balls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"