Ghost Rider Movie Countdown Thread

FlameHead

Avenger
Reaction score
So, it's a year away and I figure this is a perfect time to start this thread. You knew it was going to happen eventually...

In most cases people post a comic cover and some information each day as the movie approaches. I'll do the same... though I don't think there are 365 comic covers to post. When we run out, I'll find something else.

So, here goes. 365 days to go.

First Appearance

tn_MS05.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 5
Title: "Ghost Rider"
Writer: Gary Friedrich
Artist: Mike Ploog
Letterer: Jon Costa
Colorist: Roy Thomas
Editor: Stan Lee
Published: August, 1972

More information can be found here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS05.html

I'm having to resist the urge to post my first GR comic cover here, but I don't wanna ruin yer mojo, Flamehead^^

Just want to say, the GR forum is the coolest forum on the Hype.

No fanboy fights, no pissing contests.....just a group of dudes who love Ghost Rider.

It's awesome.:up::up:

MarvelMovies said:
(Jeez, that avatar is quick... wish I could add more frames Hellrider, but it's maxed out as it is)

It rules, I'm happy.:up:

But since you brought it up, how would just a loop of the logo itself look?

Great idea FH!Maybe with alternate covers, or other comics cover appearances we can fill the gap...the only prolem is the continuity...

Like Marvel itself really cares about continuity.....ok, nasty Quesada joke, check, I'm done.:D

I don't care, I'm throwing it up anyway, my first issue of GR:

GRfirst.gif

Don't know what happened, who drew it, or anything, but I'll take the image of that cover to me grave.

The Hellrider said:
I'm having to resist the urge to post my first GR comic cover here, but I don't wanna ruin yer mojo, Flamehead^^

No fanboy fights, no pissing contests.....just a group of dudes who love Ghost Rider.

Our love for this flaming headed demon is what bonds us together. I agree that this is the best section though. We keep it pretty clean and fight free, when possible.

I'm sure over the couse of this next year we'll have a lot of work on our hands to keep it that way though.

InVictus said:
Great idea FH!Maybe with alternate covers, or other comics cover appearances we can fill the gap...the only prolem is the continuity...

I'll definatly be posting the crossover covers as well... and I'm going to do my best to keep it in continuity. It'll be fairly easy for Blaze... but when we get into the Dan Ketch stuff, it'll be harder.

364 Days to go!

Ghost Rider's 2nd Appearance

tn_MS06.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 6
Title: "Angels From bad place!"
Inker: Frank Monte
Letterer: John Costanza
Editor: Roy Thomas
Published: October, 1972

For a summery, check out; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS06.html

The Hellrider said:

Amen, Brother!

363 Days to go!

3rd Appearance...

tn_MS07.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 7
Title: "Die, Die, My Daughter!"
Inker: Frank Monte
Published: December, 1972

Check out a summary here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS07.html

God these GR covers are really bringing me back. i remember the first time i bought my first comic book. It was Ghost rider(obviously) back sometime between 79 and 82. My Dad was trying to find me something to read while we were going on a looong trip up north(northern Wis). now when i see the cover of the first GR i ever read, ill know it. ive never been much of a collector but id love to find a copy of the first one "I" bought. To me....THATS my GR #1 ,first edition ,super collectable!!!! I have no idea how do discribe the cover it but ILL KNOW it!!! the last few comi-cons ive been to, ive been lightly searching for it(ill drive myself nuts if i get too serious about it). The reason for this post is because you guys have really stired and rekindled my appriciation for GR. Memories like this means alot to me.Not just because of GR, but because my Dad knowing i didnt know squat about comics, thought GR looked cool.(i was really close to my Dad) So i bought it..Damn he was right.. he is cool. (i was like 10 years old). Hope you guys have memories of your first comic ever. And maybe that first one is worth more to you than all the first edition #1s in the world...:ghost: :)

Nice touch with the covers countdown, Flamehead. For someone who never read any of the original Ghost Rider comics, it's fascinating.
Cheers!

:)

362 Days to go!

tn_MS08.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 8
Title: "...The Hordes of bad place!"
Artist: Mike Ploog & Jim Mooney
Letterer: Shelly Leferman
Published: February, 1973

A summery can be found here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS08.html

361 Days to go!

tn_MS09.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 9
Title: "The Snakes Crawl at Night"
Artist: Tom Sutton
Inker: Chic Stone
Letterer: Shelly Leferman
Published: April, 1973

A summery is here: http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS09.html

Strangely enough, theese first covers show quite a good artwork level for that time... better skulls and flames than the end of the 1st serie imho.

360 Days to go!

tn_MS10.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 10
Title: "The Coming of...Witch Woman!"
Inker: Jim Mooney
Colorist: Stan G.
Published: June, 1973

A summery can be found here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS10.html

InVictus said:
Strangely enough, theese first covers show quite a good artwork level for that time... better skulls and flames than the end of the 1st serie imho.

I don't know about it being better... but, I do agree that the artwork is pretty freakin' fantastic for this time. They guys were great!

MarvelMovies said:
What I wouldn't give to have the entire collection...

Maybe one day soon... once I get any money in my wallet.

I hear that my friend. Having no money sucks my butt. I really want to get all of Blaze's comics as well... but I want to finish my Dan Ketch collection first. I'm very close to doing so and when I do, I can then shift my focas to the first Ghost Rider. Of course, thsoe are more expensive. Damn.

359 Days to go!

tn_MS11.jpg

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 11
Title: "Season of the Witch Woman!"
Inker: Syd Shores
Colorist: Glynis Wein
Published: August, 1973

Summery here: http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/MS11.html

358 Days to go!

The first run starts...

tn_OGR01.jpg

GHOST RIDER # 1 (volume 1)
Title: "A Woman Possessed!"
Colorist: George Roussos
Published: September, 1973

A summery is here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/OGR01.html

357 Days to go!

tn_OGR02.jpg

GHOST RIDER # 2 (volume 1)
Title: "Shake Hands With Satan!"
Artist: Jim Mooney
Letterer: C. Jetter
Colorist: L. Lessmann
Published: October, 1973

A summer here; http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/OGR02.html

Yesterday i was surfing at the SHH Batman and Punisher forums, heroes that live in my heart as well.
Jeez, low level stuff, specially in the Punisher´s.
It seems like China or Cuba, nobody can have an opposite opinion on the majority. No sir. Idiot, is one of the cute names the guys yell to the member.
And the most unbelieveble: the "hardcore" Punisher fans actually like that crappy movie, and attack everyone who says something against the movie.
They would have to hate the movie the most, because is really bad. Has nothing to do with the character, one the coolest of comics universe.
Anyway, is their problem.
I´m proud of being part of a very cool forum. High level, no low level words, democracy and freedom all the way.
We are the coolest fans around the net.
That´s for sure.
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Nice words, Burn Forever. It's good to have you here.

I haven't had posted on any of the other boards, mainly because Ghost Rider is the only character I care enough about to comment on, but I've heard it can get quite catty elsewhere. Sometimes folk can get a bit, ahem, forthright, but I haven't seen any downright slagging on this board. Yet another reason to be proud to be a Ghost Rider fan.

:)

I liked the Punisher movie, especially for the giant skull made of fire in the ending....
:ghost:
Heck, aftger the Dolph Lundgren movie i would defend this one too.

BTW i think it's very easy to be educate in a board of a movie not yet finished, with little to criticize. Moreso if the material showed until now actually please both fans and occasional viewers. Let's hope the board will be like this a year by now.

It certainly would be something special if that was the case but as more people start hanging around those nasty things will surely start. In some places, they have started now. The key is to ignore it as much as possible and not reply to the idiodic posts; something I have a hard time doing sometimes, especially when some people just wanna be negative and condessending just for the sake of doing so.

Anyway, I love this section of the hype and (sadly) consider it a second home. I just hope we don't get a lot of home wreckers in the near future.

Oh, and I really liked the Punisher movie too. I thought Tom Jane was great. They may have spent a little too much time developing it but, it was good none the less and I really can't wait for the sequal.

356 Days to go!

tn_OGR03.jpg

GHOST RIDER # 3 (volume 1)
Title: "Wheels On Fire"
Artist: Jim Mooney
Inker: John Tartag
Letterer: K. Mantlo
Colorist: J. Cohen
Editor: Len Wein
Published: December, 1973

Synopsis: http://www.vengeanceunbound.com/OGR03.html