Ghost Rider's new look!

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
What do you think of Ghost Rider's new look, including the bike? It is interesting that they went with the classic look of both the costume and the bike. Yeah in the early issues of Ghost Rider, the bike was all in flames and was a standard bike than a Harley.

Last edited:
Love the new look. It makes much more sense in a real / live action format than previous version's white skull and more stylized bike.

I love the darkened skull and the charcoal effect, I originally thought the bike from the first film was better but now I think the bike in this film is the best by far.

Yeah, I love the Skull dark like that too. When I first saw the bike, I wasn't impressed, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. Overall I think GR's look in this new one is awesome.

To be honest, I thought his look in the first one was perfect, it was the only part of the movie and character they got perfect, so I didnt like the change at first, but it has definately grown on me. It is more like the early comics but with a modern edge, I love it, it will be a nice comparison to the first movie.

I like the bubbly leather texture. It's very scary.

Even though they are a few differences it's still very similar to the outfit in the first film, just with a dark skull, tar effects added to his jacket, and no spikes.

I agree the look, especially the bike, has grown on me. As mentioned Johnny's bikes were normal bikes just enhanced with Hellfire, not stylistically altered.
This bike is what he used for his origin and first 9 issues of the ongoing.
GRfirstissuesolobook.jpg

At issue #10 it's still a regular bike but the art team changed the front to give it a skull-esque look.

I love how there's huge flames billowing out of the motorcycle when he rides it in this film.

Here's an example
ghscreencapsb9.jpg

Last edited:
The look is very good. One thing in regards to the bike, instead of vroom vrooms... typical bike noise, I would love for it to be the cry of thousands of souls....

HFM

I like it, it's grittier and dirtier which I think will suit the character well in this particular film.

I like the new look, i just wish they kept his spiked gloves, i dont mind the missing spikes on the shoulder, even though they looked cool in the first movie

I'm glad that the Rider can "flame up" any vehicle he gets in.. that'll be interesting.. they seem like they've spoiled a lot of the wild power stunts..

That is pretty awesome, I just hope he still rides his motorcylce most of the time.

Last edited:
i like the new look, but i miss the spikes on his jacket. but the scorching apparel is a fantastic idea. not too sure if im crazy over the bike, though. i liked the first one, the chopper.

I agree the look, especially the bike, has grown on me. As mentioned Johnny's bikes were normal bikes just enhanced with Hellfire, not stylistically altered.
This bike is what he used for his origin and first 9 issues of the ongoing.
GRfirstissuesolobook.jpg

At issue #10 it's still a regular bike but the art team changed the front to give it a skull-esque look.

But the later issues had him using a bike made out of pure hellfire. It was a flame colored bike that he constructed when he turned into Ghost Rider, not his own bike at all. They've never gone that route for either movie.

I always felt he was far to skinny in the first movie, like around the waist and legs. I'm glad the thickened him up in this movie. I also prefer the darkened skull to the bleach white skull

He's a skeleton, being skinny is pretty much his thing.

true, but he just didnt look as menacing as he does now

I liked How in the end of the movie that Ghost Rider had Blue Flames which was so Awesome

The look of the character was great, had no qualms about that, but the rest of the movie was just severly lacking so much it made the look of the character pretty pointless.

My wife and I both didn't like the new look as much as the first film. The darkened skull, the burnt looking clothes, too much smoke around him....we feel it's supposed to be a mystical/magical fire around him....he's not supposed to look like a walking tire on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"