Fan Fics and Films

Triligors

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey I wrote a Ghost Rider screenplay last summer and I still think, personally, it is another great adaptation of the character. It also delves into the Ghost Rider's physchology at some times describing what would happen if he was actually real. Some of the effects in this movie I am hoping will be in the MSJ film, and that's hellfire. Hellfire is very much inspired, in my version, by the film Unbreakable- Ghost Rider is able to see a person's sins and it is the sins that kill the person, leaving the question: how do you portray this ability on film, the sins killing people. In this version you'll get a sense at a possible way that MSJ might approach this power. Also, inspired by MSJ I have used some famous Ghost Rider drawings to inspire scenes, most specifically the last scene at the cemetary where John holds Ghost Rider's skull. Read it and tell me what you think.

GHOST RIDER SCREENPLAY

This picture is where I gained inspiration for one of the last scenes, and it may be unclear the way I wrote it:

grpic_palmiotti.jpg

The look of Vengance was the inspiration for Executioner

history17.jpg

tn_gr46image3.jpg

I´m completely addicted to fan films, since i´ve watch BATMAN DEAD END for the first time.
Jesus, it was by far the best Dark Knight film ever, almost a dream, and made by an amateur!
Since that day i´ve downloaded a lot of them, of many types, from heroes to horror, some good, some very bad, but yet a film made by passion.
The fan films are a phenomenon of the 21st century and the most relevant expression of a fan´s heart.
So i launch this question, my fellow Burning Spirits.
And let´s hope that Sandy Collora, Corey Sosner or someone else honor our Spirit of Vengeance with a great fan film, soon.
The sooner, the better.

"In 2006, the asphalt will burn..."
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

MarvelMovies said:
I hope there will one day be a Ghost Rider fan film..

But, the CGI required for the flaming skull, might halt that to some extent..

But, maybe one day.

http://www.fanboytheatre.com/ is one of the best sites for Fan Films, if you've never been there before.

Yeah, man.
Fanboy is cool. I take many films from there.
And yes, the flaming skull could turns the film a little expensive, but who knows?
They made Dead End.
Everything is possible.
:ghost:

This is an excellent question. I'd love to see some fan films made about Ghost Rider but I suspect that would be something very hard to do. The flaming skull is not an easy thing to achieve.... without a budget.

First let me tell that i´m not a big fan of the all two Ghost Riders, one good (Spirit of Vengeance) and the other bad (Zarathos).
It never made much sense, IMO, and it takes away a bit of the drama, IMO also.
I always had the feeling that, the writers themselfs, wanted so much to bring some excitment to the Rider (that was half dead at the time), that it ended being extremely confusing.
Not only of the reader, but for the rider itself.
So, some years ago, i came with, what i believe, is a very good origin to all of the Ghost Rider mythos.
It needs some work, like i said, i came up with that some years ago, but the essence is there.
One thing i must say, IMO, Ghost Rider is THE love story of the Marvel Universe..

In the dark ages, a woman, moved by her husband´s murder, for revenge and love, opened the gates of hell, by making a pact with the "devil".
She asked him to kill her husband´s murderers and so he did, but the price, was her soul.
He stripped her down of her flesh and turned her exactlt into what she had became a creature of revenge, a fire god...Zarathos, forever in torment, forever seeking punishment, a monster, the personification of love gone mad.
Mephisto released Zarathos into the world, and blood covered the land.
Many tried to stop it, all failed, and Mephisto laughed, seeing what is creation could do.
When the last army went to fight it, all died, except one, his name, Noble Kale.
Kale was a common man, a man of the people, without many goods, but with an incredible power, the purest love.
Noble loved his wife and kids more than life itself, and his family loved him back just as much, that was his power, that was his strenght, with that he feared nothing and could overcome anything.
For years they fought, light versus darkness, hope versus horror, love versus hate.
It wa a matter of time until Kale defeated the demon, and Mephisto knew that, so, he made what he believed would turn the tides of war, he killed Kale´s family.
He expect it to take him into the darkness of his soul, but he failed, Kale´s love was so pure, that, even in death didn´t stopped loving them and fall into revenge. Mephisto was losing. But the devil has always one last trick up his sleave.
He couldn´t touch Kale, but he could touch Zarathos, so, he changed the "rules of the game".
In the last battle, when Noble defeated Zarathos and plunged his sword into his chest, insted of killing the monster, they both amalgamated, giving birth to an all new creature.
A mindless creature, driven by impulses and urges, driven by the revenge and punishment of Zarathos, and by the love and righteousness of Kale, so, he just took vengeance to the ones that deserved it, a creature made of the bones of Kale and the fire of Zarathos, his name would became lengendary, but also something of a folklore, he was the Ghost Rider.

I still don´t know how to bound him with Blaze, but i do know that there would be several GR through out history and he would be something of a ghost story.

So, what do you think?

That's very well thought out Isildur and I think it would definalty make a great story.

Thanks one again, glad you like it :)

And to be a bit on the arrogant side, this is how to do an update. As you see, a kept everything that makes GR what he is....Zarathos, Kale, Mephisto and him being the creator of GR and the all love theme.
What i erased was just one thing, the fact that there was two GR, which, IMO, never made sense and it´s not very good, it takes away bit of drama and substance.
So, i made GR being a amalgamation of Kale and Zarathos, and made what i always thought it should have been, both being enemies.
And i made it all start in the Dark Ages, which, well.....a flaming skull, a pact with the 'devil'...it´s the best time for it to happen.

BTW, if i was the one directing this movie, this would have been the origin of the all mythos.

RedIsNotBlue said:

Satan be damned!
For years i´ve been waiting for a GR fanfilm ( i also made a thread about it ), and when they finally made it, it goes to you tube.
I hate you tube! I want to download the damn thing, not only watch it!
Can someone of you GR wizard fans put it in here to download, maybe Internapse´s FileFront or something?
Jeez...
:confused:

BURNFOREVER said:
Satan be damned!
For years i´ve been waiting for a GR fanfilm ( i also made a thread about it ), and when they finally made it, it goes to you tube.
I hate you tube! I want to download the damn thing, not only watch it!
Can someone of you GR wizard fans put it in here to download, maybe Internapse´s FileFront or something?
Jeez...
:confused:

It's a joke. I should have put a disclaimer. :(

This makes baby Jesus cry...REALLY--****ING--HARD!

ok so, I got my computer fixed recently, and I dont have flash yet (which is what i need to watch this video on youtube, or any type of Internet video) but once I get relocated to the install process it always fails for me, or that Diolog box thats saposed to say "install" or w.e never shows up....whats wrong?

Damn sorry I was just trying to give ya guys sumthin to chuckle about since the new stuff has been kinda dying down. :(

I don't get it? How is that Ghost Rider?

webhead731 said:
I don't get it? How is that Ghost Rider?

One of the kids was riding on his bike swinging a chain screaming "Ghost Rider!"

All I know is that if my damn kids were acting like that around my camcorder, I'd skin them.

str8raz0r said:
One of the kids was riding on his bike swinging a chain screaming "Ghost Rider!"

All I know is that if my damn kids were acting like that around my camcorder, I'd skin them.

Yeah I thought it was pathetically funny. But I guess everyone else here didn't feel the same as me...hehe.

Just saw it. Really bad, really.
Damn, i´ve expected a serious fanfilm when i saw the thread title.
Well... whatever.
:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"