Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime

TheDreamMaster

The Night He Came Home...
Reaction score
http://www.atari.com/gbsanctumofslime/

Omg, although it was a short trailer with a lot of shots of the various versions, it looks great. Supposedly it is a direct sequel to the first game, so I hope the guys are coming back for the voices too. Apparently you play as four newly hired cadets, and have to help save the city. Looks like it will have multiplayer play, and be a change from the gameplay of the previous game. I'm so excited for this, just hope it plays well, has a good story, and hope the main guys aren't absent for it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Bill Murray didn't show up for this one.

Last edited:
http://www.atari.com/gbsanctumofslime/

Omg, although it was a short trailer with a lot of shots of the various versions, it looks great. Supposedly it is a direct sequel to the first game, so I hope the guys are coming back for the voices too. Apparently you play as four newly hired cadets, and have to help save the city. Looks like it will have multiplayer play, and be a change from the gameplay of the previous game. I'm so excited for this, just hope it plays well, has a good story, and hope the main guys aren't absent for it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Bill Murray didn't show up for this one.

The last we heard was that the orig cast would NOT be in this game.

Yeah, from what I understand it's a completely new "division" of Ghostbusters... you play as "The Rookie" from Ghostbusters: The Video Game as part of a completely new team... hence the Ecto Hummer.

doesnt look as good as the first one ...i enjoyed the first game...however, after the first few levels..it got pretty repetitive....

i wouldnt consider buying the second one...maybe when it is in the $15 dollar bin which would be a year after it is released ;)

doesnt look as good as the first one ...i enjoyed the first game...however, after the first few levels..it got pretty repetitive....

i wouldnt consider buying the second one...maybe when it is in the $15 dollar bin which would be a year after it is released ;)

Well, it's a downloadable game so it will be $15 or less to begin with. ;)

It's only downloadable?

Eh.

The thread title got me excited they were making a sequel. And then I saw the gameplay was completely changed (and not for the better), then the guys aren't back. Now, it's just a downloadable game? Pas..

The first game was a lot of fun and the online multiplayer was surprisingly cool and clever. Too bad it is only an 8-hour campaign with no real multiplayer or co--op. But I played through it three times, so for me it was well worth the purchase. Too bad there will be no real sequel, it unfortunately seems.

It's Ghostbusters, if it ends up being good... I'll buy it.

It's only downloadable?

Eh.

The thread title got me excited they were making a sequel. And then I saw the gameplay was completely changed (and not for the better), then the guys aren't back. Now, it's just a downloadable game? Pas..

The first game was a lot of fun and the online multiplayer was surprisingly cool and clever. Too bad it is only an 8-hour campaign with no real multiplayer or co--op. But I played through it three times, so for me it was well worth the purchase. Too bad there will be no real sequel, it unfortunately seems.

Well, it IS a direct sequel to the first game, you control the Rookie again, but yea i was extremely bummed to hear the details of the game. When i first heard the word "sequel" i got really excited as i loved the first game, but to see that its a sequel in name only is a major buzz kill.

Also, we already have a thread for this:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=344627

So this one should be deleted or merged with the original.

Shame that such a great game gets this as a sequel. I'll pass until they decide to put some actual effort into a worthy sequel.

How well did the original sell? Maybe they are testing the waters for a proper sequel WITHOUT the original cast with this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"