The Official GHOSTBUSTERS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The style of over the shoulder view, the running mechanic, the sink holes/portals which you have to shut to stop the waves of enemies, the team reviving. If you've played both games, they have a similar feel. I'm not talking about what you do (Catch ghosts vs. cover system, etc..) just the basic mechanics and style.

I have played both games. I see somewhat were you're coming from, especially the running mechanic and team revive system, but I still can't say I feel all that much similarity between the two. I can't say I made the camera connection since it's been utilized so much post-RE4 I don't even think about when I see it used in a game anymore. The portals thing I didn't connect with either though that makes enough sense.

I'm not knocking Ghostbusters, I'm just pointing it out. It's especially odd since that leaked Ghostbusters prototype/canceled game footage looked very Gears-ish.

Yeah, I gotta. I just didn't see it, I guess I sort see where you're coming from though

Demo for this game sucked. I really hope the actual product isnt a representation of how it plays.

Well, since the demo was released after the retail version, I think it's pretty safe to assume you won't like it then. You may want to rent it to be sure, and if you're a Ghostbusters fan you should at least do that, because the story alone will satisfy that aspect

The style of over the shoulder view, the running mechanic, the sink holes/portals which you have to shut to stop the waves of enemies, the team reviving. If you've played both games, they have a similar feel. I'm not talking about what you do (Catch ghosts vs. cover system, etc..) just the basic mechanics and style.

I'm not knocking Ghostbusters, I'm just pointing it out. It's especially odd since that leaked Ghostbusters prototype/canceled game footage looked very Gears-ish.

And dont forget about the RB button to "reload" or in this case vent your proton pack. It was very Gears-ish.

I didn't notice, since I played Ghostbusters before either of the Gears games.

I still don't really notice it. I mean I get the whole idea of similar schemes, but I never would have made the connection if not pointed out to me.

I still don't really notice it. I mean I get the whole idea of similar schemes, but I never would have made the connection if not pointed out to me.

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious. I mean there were even some previews that mentioned this had a simialr feel. Whatever the devs were doing tho, it worked, Ghostbusters featured some fantastic gameplay.

Yeah, really. Never felt like a Gears title in the least to me. I mean that type of camera angle is fairly common after RE4 so that connection was pretty lost to me. The running and team reviving is pretty similar though, but those are two fairly small features to me, so I tended to totally overlook them until Geo just pointed it out

I think someone really needs to get a Q and A with these guys. I have two major questions for the developers like:

1. DLC, yay or nay?

2. Was the game supposed to be longer? In game we got footage from Times Square of the Thanksgiving Day parade being trashed by ghosts. In the trailer we get an up close view of the parade including the Ghostbusters at the parade, as well as a scene involving the Ecto-1 being chased by thousands of ghosts. I am well aware that the dancing scene in the trailer was probably just for the trailer, though it definetely reminded me of the ending to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. However these scenes seem like they may have been pretty big areas of the game beyond the cut-scenes so i have to wonder if they were intended as other parts of the game, or as different introductions to Shandor's spire at the end of the game.

Either way, i'd love to know thw answers to these.

Yeah. I love the game and I downloaded the demo myself and didn't really like it.

I think someone really needs to get a Q and A with these guys. I have two major questions for the developers like:

1. DLC, yay or nay?

2. Was the game supposed to be longer? In game we got footage from Times Square of the Thanksgiving Day parade being trashed by ghosts. In the trailer we get an up close view of the parade including the Ghostbusters at the parade, as well as a scene involving the Ecto-1 being chased by thousands of ghosts. I am well aware that the dancing scene in the trailer was probably just for the trailer, though it definetely reminded me of the ending to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. However these scenes seem like they may have been pretty big areas of the game beyond the cut-scenes so i have to wonder if they were intended as other parts of the game, or as different introductions to Shandor's spire at the end of the game.

Yea, i really want to know the answer to number 1 as well

As for number 2, I'm sure its safe to say that some things were cut from the game, either due to time constraints, money or something just didn't work the way they wanted it too. I also wouldn't doubt that some of the stuff we got in the trailer was made specifically for the trailer.

Yeah. I love the game and I downloaded the demo myself and didn't really like it.

Hm. Maybe ill do the same. Whats the demo consist of? I mean i dont see how anyone who enjoyed the movies in the least bit could not find this fun.

The demo is the beginning of the library level. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like it...didn't enjoy it as much for some reason. The demo is really short too.

The demo is the beginning of the library level. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like it...didn't enjoy it as much for some reason. The demo is really short too.

Yea thats not a very good level, you dont even get to trap anything at the begining of that level. The demo should have been the ball room level where u get to trap Slimer.

Well, you go up to the point where you trao one of the ghosts{the part where Ray comes sliding into the room}, then it ends.

1. DLC, yay or nay?

2. Was the game supposed to be longer? In game we got footage from Times Square of the Thanksgiving Day parade being trashed by ghosts. In the trailer we get an up close view of the parade including the Ghostbusters at the parade, as well as a scene involving the Ecto-1 being chased by thousands of ghosts. I am well aware that the dancing scene in the trailer was probably just for the trailer, though it definitely reminded me of the ending to The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. However these scenes seem like they may have been pretty big areas of the game beyond the cut-scenes so i have to wonder if they were intended as other parts of the game, or as different introductions to Shandor's spire at the end of the game.

I bet something was cut involving a Thanksgiving day Parade or just a parade like thing. In the multiplayer on street levels you encounter those Clown Ghosts on Skateboards with balloons. Those guys weren't in the story mode, and like you said there was all that footage from the trailer.

http://kotaku.com/5318927/newspaper-names-budget-of-ghostbusters-the-video-game

It's not often that the public gets word of what it costs to make a specific game. But a multi-million-dollar range was given for the latest Ghostbusters game in a Texas newspaper.

The Fort Worth Star Telegram fingered the cost of development for the game at $15 million to $20 million.

The budget figure ran in a profile of lead Ghostbusters development studio Terminal Reality, which earned the opportunity to make a Ghostbusters game after one of its militiary-shooter prototypes impressed Vivendi Universal in 2006.

Ghostbusters film and game actor and co-writer Dan Aykroyd has also talked about the budget to the press, estimating in a June interview with the magazine If that the game's publishers spent "like $12 or $15 million" to make the game.

Last month, the CEO of Ubisoft said he expected the average video game budget to swell to $60 million in the next gaming hardware generation.

Vivendi, which merged with Activision, did not publish the game when it was released in June. In the U.S., Atari did. But a representative from the publisher did not respond to a request about these budget figures by press time. Kotaku has also inquired directly with Terminal Reality and will let readers know if they can shed any more light on the cost to make the game.

Not anything directly about the title itself, but just kind of thought this was interesting

Haha, i know how ya feel.

Interesting article tho. I think the latest number i saw had Ghostbusters at around like 680,000 copies sold world wide across all consoles. Of course thats without the 360 and Wii versions being available in the PAL states.

...i dont see how anyone who enjoyed the movies in the least bit could not find this fun.

Honestly I'm with Havok, didn't care much for the game based on the demo. I realize tho that the full game could be good, but based on what I played I just didn't enjoy it. I loved Ghost Busters growing up, watched the Saturday morning cartoon, bought the figures, and watched the movies a million times.

To me, it just didn't capture the ghostbusters feel beyond the graphics (based on what I played). The dialogue didn't flow or carry the comedy as well as it does in the movies, and (IMO) sounded slightly dry most of the demo from everyone but Akroyd. Plus, even tho I understand the need for lengths sake, I got pretty bored walking around looking thru the meter non-stop.

I think that's part of the problem with movie to game games, they try so hard to put you in the shoes of the main character that they lose the feel of the movie.

Honestly I'm with Havok, didn't care much for the game based on the demo. I realize tho that the full game could be good, but based on what I played I just didn't enjoy it. I loved Ghost Busters growing up, watched the Saturday morning cartoon, bought the figures, and watched the movies a million times.

To me, it just didn't capture the ghostbusters feel beyond the graphics (based on what I played). The dialogue didn't flow or carry the comedy as well as it does in the movies, and (IMO) sounded slightly dry most of the demo from everyone but Akroyd. Plus, even tho I understand the need for lengths sake, I got pretty bored walking around looking thru the meter non-stop.

I think that's part of the problem with movie to game games, they try so hard to put you in the shoes of the main character that they lose the feel of the movie.

Well then that demo was really bad, because Ghostbusters: The Video Game captures the feel of the movies. Period. I'm gonna give that demo a DL and see if its really a poor representation of the final game. You can harp on some things in the game, no doubt, but not immersing you in the Ghostbusters world sure as hell isn't one of em. The game isn't as funny as the movies, but there are some really humorous scenes and dialog with in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"