The Official GHOSTBUSTERS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've encountored a glitch. I've been going back and collecting all the cursed artifacts...well I found my last one, scanned it...and it didn't give me my trophy. I quit the level, go back to that section of the game through the main menu, and the artifact is again. I scan it again and the same thing happens.

Honestly I'm with Havok, didn't care much for the game based on the demo. I realize tho that the full game could be good, but based on what I played I just didn't enjoy it. I loved Ghost Busters growing up, watched the Saturday morning cartoon, bought the figures, and watched the movies a million times.

To me, it just didn't capture the ghostbusters feel beyond the graphics (based on what I played). The dialogue didn't flow or carry the comedy as well as it does in the movies, and (IMO) sounded slightly dry most of the demo from everyone but Akroyd. Plus, even tho I understand the need for lengths sake, I got pretty bored walking around looking thru the meter non-stop.

I think that's part of the problem with movie to game games, they try so hard to put you in the shoes of the main character that they lose the feel of the movie.
In all honesty, if I had played the demo first, I might've been in agreement with you.

I don't know, the demo didn't seem that far from the full game. The dialog in that section of the game is fine. The demo is really short tho, that's the only problem I could find with it.

Bad demo or not, if you consider yourself a fan you owe it to yourself to play through the full game.

I agree. The full game is MUCH better than the short demo that's being offered right now. Not to mention the fun you'll have with online play, it's definitely worth the $60. I bought it when it came out, and I still have fun with it.

I got bored with multiplayer pretty quickly with this game. It all just amounts to you taking on waves of ghosts.

I got bored with multiplayer pretty quickly with this game. It all just amounts to you taking on waves of ghosts.

I found it more fun trapping ghosts with 3 other buddies than i did with the computer, but then again, i actually use my mic to talk to friends online. :oldrazz:

I found it more fun trapping ghosts with 3 other buddies than i did with the computer, but then again, i actually use my mic to talk to friends online. :oldrazz:

:cwink:

Catching ghosts is fun, and when all 4 are wrangling in the same ghost it feels great, but I still got bored pretty easy.

The great thing about other multiplayer games is that the thing your fighting has an actual mind controlling it, so the situation is always different. Since the ghosts aren't controllable it's just like playing the single player over and over again. The ghosts never surprise you, and wave after wave just got really dull for me. The Most Wanted ghosts are cool and all, but again it's not that different an experience catching one.

:cwink:

Catching ghosts is fun, and when all 4 are wrangling in the same ghost it feels great, but I still got bored pretty easy.

The great thing about other multiplayer games is that the thing your fighting has an actual mind controlling it, so the situation is always different. Since the ghosts aren't controllable it's just like playing the single player over and over again. The ghosts never surprise you, and wave after wave just got really dull for me. The Most Wanted ghosts are cool and all, but again it's not that different an experience catching one.

Nah i agree with ya. Its the same mechanic from the single player, its just now you have 4 human teammates, thats pretty much the appeal. I love the MP cuz i think bustin ghosts is just great fun, but its no where near as deep as a CoD or Gears.

Finished the game on Pro mode. Wasn't that bad, but DAMN are your teammates completely useless. I mean they go from being somewhat helpful on Casual and Experienced to being just a damn hindrance on Pro. Although on the final fight, not one of em got knocked down and thats the one fight where i had more trouble on the other modes.

Any DLC announced for this game? I'd love to see a few more missions either in single or online play. I can't get enough of the game.

I haven't played it yet. I'm still waiting for it to come out on 360 in Aus, but the only real thing about it that annoys me is that it isn't co-op... These days, I find if a game is offline co-op, it increases the lastability of a game drastically, and Ghostbusters is perfectly suited for co-op.

Any DLC announced for this game? I'd love to see a few more missions either in single or online play. I can't get enough of the game.

No word at all man. Im like you, i really want some more for this game.

I haven't played it yet. I'm still waiting for it to come out on 360 in Aus, but the only real thing about it that annoys me is that it isn't co-op... These days, I find if a game is offline co-op, it increases the lastability of a game drastically, and Ghostbusters is perfectly suited for co-op.

Yea Ghostbusters is pretty much suited for co-op but im not sure if co-op would have been the best move for this game. The developers created an individual that was supposed to be you. The goal was to put you in the group with the orig team members, make you actually feel like part of the team, kinda letting you sit back and watch the team yet still be a part of them. I felt this was a perfect move, i mean i really felt like part of the team, much more so than had i of been able to play as anyone of the four. Plus with how the levels were designed, co-op would have been hard. You arent always with every member of the team, sometimes you are alone. Another reason im glad this isnt co-op through the main story is, the game is actually pretty scary in some spots, that would be lost with a friend yakking in your ear.

Now, what i wouldnt mind seeing, is them expand on the co-op/mp modes they have. The mp modes basically just come down to trapping ghosts. What id like to see them do is add like a few "story" missions to mp. Give us a few levels that more or less mirror the sp levels, but let us use co-op.

I REALLY hope they release some DLC for the game. It's still so much to just run around and trap ghosts. Maybe I'm old school, but it just doesn't get old for me.

I REALLY hope they release some DLC for the game. It's still so much to just run around and trap ghosts. Maybe I'm old school, but it just doesn't get old for me.

Im with you man. I enjoy the films just as much now as i did the first time i saw them, the game is turning out to be the same way. I just started a new game in Ghostbusters and am having just as much fun this time around. Hell im STILL getting spooked by some of the same stuff from my first play through. The game was just a well made piece of Ghostbusters entertainment. So glad i have this game cuz now when i get that kick to watch the films, ill be able to add this game to that.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/27/ghostbusters-non-sony-euro-releases-dated-oct-23/#comments

Namco Bandai partners has announced that Ghostbusters will officially arrive on European Wii, DS and Xbox 360 consoles (and PC) on October 23, according to VideoGamer.com. Thus far, the game has only been officially available for the PS3 and PS2 thanks to its initial European publisher, Sony. That said, the North American Xbox 360 version is reportedly not region-locked, allowing European gamers to import the title.

Still, for Nintendo and Xbox players longing for for what Play Magazine calls the "best damn Ghostbusters game I've ever seen" (as opposed to the vastly superior version we were hoping for), the wait is going to be just a bit longer.

Lol, me too. I assumed anyone outside the US that was into GBs enough, without a PS3, would've imported it already. You'd be a fool not to.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/28/over-one-million-new-ghostbusters-recruits-in-north-america/

Since its June 16 release, Ghostbusters: The Video Game has managed to sell over one million copies in North America across all platforms. That's a pretty big deal, doubly so for Atari, a company in dire need of some success. We can't imagine what kind of hot water the company would be in if it couldn't recoup some of that $15 - $20 million it cost to develop the game.

Yay for good Ghostbusters sales

Holy crap, the other night I had a dream where I traded this game in for that new Egon figure.

Literally it was the worst dream ever.

the patch for the ps3 version came out today, it fixes the wrong map region and the glitched trophies, so you can now catch the last two slimers in the most wanted list.

any hype members fancy a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back