• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Action-Adventure Gladiator Sequel | Paramount

Just give us an official title already, damn it!

Unless it really is Gladiator Too lol

How many other movies have there been where the lead character dies and there is a sequel, ANYWAY??????

Please, NO!

Gladiator 2: DOING IT FOR MORE CHEDDAR!

How many other movies have there been where the lead character dies and there is a sequel, ANYWAY??????
giphy.gif

:o

But to answer your question, the only two that come to my mind not counting direct-to-video sequels are The Fly 2 (sequel to the Jeff Goldblum version) and 300: Rise of an Empire.

giphy.gif

:o

But to answer your question, the only two that come to my mind not counting direct-to-video sequels are The Fly 2 (sequel to the Jeff Goldblum version) and 300: Rise of an Empire.
Didn't like The Fly II. Not Enough Goldblum

Didn't like The Fly II. Not Enough Goldblum
I never saw it but that movie never needed a sequel anyway. Luckily most people tend to forget that The Fly II even exists so it doesn't taint the legacy of the first one.

Watch it have some generic subtitle like Rise of a Warrior or something similarly stupid

This is a movie that's gonna have to sell me on trailers and reviews. Gladiator is one of my all-time favorites, and I just don't see why this movie needs to exist. So they're gonna have to sell me on it. I am not watching this simply cause it's content with the Gladiator brand name on it

Gladiator 2: The Time Traveling Adventures of Venom And,Carnage.

This is a movie that's gonna have to sell me on trailers and reviews. Gladiator is one of my all-time favorites, and I just don't see why this movie needs to exist. So they're gonna have to sell me on it. I am not watching this simply cause it's content with the Gladiator brand name on it

Just for Spider-Fan:

"It's Dune but gladiator!"

AW: WHEN GLADIATOR 2 WAS ANNOUNCED, I WAS REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF YOU RETURNING TO SCORE THE SEQUEL. WHY DID YOU OPT NOT TO?​

HZ: It’s really very simple. I’ve done that world. And I think I did it well. And all I’d do is set myself up for either trying to repeat myself, which I don’t want to do, or getting slaughtered by critics who say you didn’t do it as well as you did the first time. We have a gladiator fight in Dune: Part Two, right? We have a gladiator fight in Gladiator obviously, but they couldn’t be more different! I liked the idea of moving on and not getting compared to my own work. One way or the other I’d had enough of that, doing three Batman movies or four Pirates [of the Caribbean] movies or four Kung Fu Panda movies. And Gladiator takes a special place in my heart. I think it’s completely undisciplined. It wouldn’t have mattered if I had written the most amazing score, because the music in the first movie sticks in people’s hearts.

I had that experience doing the live[-action] version of The Lion King. I tried to step out of my own vocabulary. Every time I did, it just didn’t work. So all I could do was repeat myself. You owe it to yourself, and to the audience, to try to do new things. And I want to say something about [Gladiator 2 composer] Harry Gregson Williams, who started out as my assistant. He was very good friends with both Tony and Ridley Scott. Harry is family for me. He’s a phenomenal composer. That film is in really good hands. Trust me. Harry and I have spoken about it. He feels the old score barking at his heels a little bit. So he’s on his A game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"