Keanu Reeves to lead '47 Ronin'

I'll give this a shot when it hits HBO and plays every day twice a day.

This randomly popped in my head. So, I watched it and thought it was rather boring.

I just watched this a few days ago and I really liked it. Sounds like I'm in the minority.

I could totally see how Kai was meant to be a side character with Oishi being the main one. I laughed at the screen time of the giant Samurai and tattooed guy who got they're own posters.

I saw this Friday and it wasn't nearly as bad as some people say it was. It wasn't great but the movie didn't bore me. Although it was at times all too obvious they refocused the story onto Kai from Oishi to give Keanu more screen presence (which I'm sure has been repeated many times in this thread he did not ask for it).

^I think at some point during production they had a good movie on their hands, but the studio didnt want that to happen, although its sort of understandable from their point of view, in the end it didnt exactly help the movie make more money. I hope Rinsch gets another chance soon.

I've read about how the studio interfered, made reshoots, shot new scenes and cut the movie to give Keanu the lead over Hiroyuki Sanada's Oishi (IMO he's a very underrated actor) so as to make it more popular.

Unfortunately like most studio meddlings, they completely screwed this one up and did more harm than if they'd left it intact.

simple question. how do we know that the original cut was a good movie?

Well see, the original cut is always good. It's only after the studio comes in and starts meddling with the film, trying to make it SO MAINSTREAM, that it sucks.

This is the only reason why movies are ever bad.

Nah, sometimes it doesn't matter.

I watched for Rinko and her sexy ass. Nothing more.

Well see, the original cut is always good. It's only after the studio comes in and starts meddling with the film, trying to make it SO MAINSTREAM, that it sucks.

Studio meddling rarely results in a good movie. It doesn't mean their lack of involvement will be a good movie but it increases the odds greatly the movie will be altered from the original intentions and tone and be ruined.

Blade Runner is a good example of studio meddling. As is Alien 3.

I've read about how the studio interfered, made reshoots, shot new scenes and cut the movie to give Keanu the lead over Hiroyuki Sanada's Oishi (IMO he's a very underrated actor) so as to make it more popular.

Unfortunately like most studio meddlings, they completely screwed this one up and did more harm than if they'd left it intact.

Agree about Sanada, have liked him since seeing him in The Last Samurai, have watched out for his movies ever since.

I watched for Rinko and her sexy ass. Nothing more.

Rinko was sexy as hell in this.

I work in the business, and yes, it's such a weird thing that it can only be fixed ONCE Generation Y gets the top spots in the studio system. People who are more initiative to pop culture, and how things work, vs. 65 something year old men who grew up in a different era and don't have a background in entertainment.

Hollywood has always been a very inbred business, and these up and comers are like upstarts to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"