GMAIL Notifier not notifying.

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
I use GMAIL and the GMAIL notifier, especially for SHH. But for some reason, it stopped giving me the popup notifications, or even showing a difference in the taskbar. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared files, cleaned registry--nothing works. I've got the Firefox plugin for now, but I hate it,and would rather have the program working. Any help?

did gmail update? I know Mozilla updated...the extention may not work because of it.

That's the thing--I'm not sure. I've not had problems before when Mozilla updates--it still worked. And I've downloaded the most recent Notifier, and still-nothing. It won't even let me log into my name, but I am logged on, since when I double click the icon on the taskbar, it takes me right to my inbox.

Try uninstalling the FireFox extension. Restart FireFox. Reinstall the latest extension. Sometimes the extensions go FUBAR when FireFox updates itself.

jag

Hmmm...apparently you have angered the Owl gods or something, then.

jag

Kind of a wonky soloution to this, but..
You could just subscribe to the RSS feed of your gmail account and have it be one of your bookmarks bar favourites, basically serves the exact same purpose.

Drakon said:
I use GMAIL and the GMAIL notifier, especially for SHH. But for some reason, it stopped giving me the popup notifications, or even showing a difference in the taskbar. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared files, cleaned registry--nothing works. I've got the Firefox plugin for now, but I hate it,and would rather have the program working. Any help?
The same thing happened to me a while back. I unsintalled the extension, rebooted and installed the updated version. Things were okay. Every now and again when my connection is a little flakey, my notifier doesn't always work.

Spyware. It's like crying wolf for tech support but I'm blaming spyware.

I don't think so. I clean for spyware every day, using like, 4 different programs.

What version Firefox are you using and what version of the notifier? I recall one version of Firefox did not involve an automatic update and you had to manually uninstall and reinstall the new version.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox [1.5, I believe). I have uninstalled the seperate GMAIL Notifier entirely, and now just use the plugin. The plugin is working fine, but the seperate gnotify.exe was not working. I'd install and run it, and it would have the "no mail" icon, yet it would [apparently] alreadly have me logged in [because if I double clicked the tray icon, it would take me to my mailbox]. Yet it would never change the icon to tell me I have mail, nor would it pop up the bubble with a snipnet of what the mail was about.

I even went so far as to do a clean uninstall of Firefox, Gmail Notifer, and clear all my cookies. Nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"