• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Action-Adventure Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

Aw man little disappointed with that. I wonder was it because of the critical reception?

Hope either Dougherty or Vogt-Roberts come back.

Scheduling maybe?
Vogt-Roberts would be welcome back any time!

Aw man little disappointed with that. I wonder was it because of the critical reception?

Hope either Dougherty or Vogt-Roberts come back.

The Hollywood Reporter article states “The parting of ways is described as amicable and stemming from timing issues. The door remains open for a future return, per insiders”

Sucks for Adam cause I’ve enjoyed what he’s done. But I’ve also enjoyed what each director in the Monsterverse has done as well. Would love Dougherty back but probably won’t happen. Either way curious to see who they’ll bring in next.

Was initially surprised given how successful it was, but given the timing issues, that's understandable. On the bright side, I hope that means Junkie XL doesn't end up returning because sans what he said about the use of AI in music, he's been the weakest composer in the franchise so far.

I just hope whatever happens that Godzilla is featured more prominently in the next one.

Was initially surprised given how successful it was, but given the timing issues, that's understandable. On the bright side, I hope that means Junkie XL doesn't end up returning because sans what he said about the use of AI in music, he's been the weakest composer in the franchise so far.

I just hope whatever happens that Godzilla is featured more prominently in the next one.

Rewatching KOTM, which is still the best in the series IMO, and the score is absolutely perfection. The theme, the epicness of it, how Doughtery uses the Heisei era Godzilla roar mixed into the modern one, everything about it makes my heart full.

Is it perfect? No. I still think Godzilla 2014 is the best SHOT movie with its sense of scale and awe which the series has been lacking the last two movies, but KOTM makes the little boy who loved and still loves the Heisei era happy.

I would love nothing more than Bear McCreary to return.

I hope they get a good director for GxK 3. I've seen people on Twitter bring up Colin Trevorrow and I'm just like... no, please no.

I would love nothing more than Bear McCreary to return.

I hope they get a good director for GxK 3. I've seen people on Twitter bring up Colin Trevorrow and I'm just like... no, please no.

He's incredibly flaky with his projects, but with Pacific Rim being another favorite of mine, I'd love to see Guillermo del Toro tackle Godzilla.

Del Toro would be a godsend, but I don't think it's very likely to happen right now.

Del Toro would be better suited to his own one-shot Godzilla film separate from the Monsterverse IMO. I'd love to see it, but I would love to see his vision in its truest form and not having to be weighed down by the "Canon" of the other films.

I would very much like to see Doughtery get another shot, but I don't think Legendary will go in that direction.

Del Toro would be better suited to his own one-shot Godzilla film separate from the Monsterverse IMO. I'd love to see it, but I would love to see his vision in its truest form and not having to be weighed down by the "Canon" of the other films.

I would very much like to see Doughtery get another shot, but I don't think Legendary will go in that direction.

To be fair, he loosely played with the canon for Blade I and gave us the amazing Blade II lol

That sucks. Hopefully they get someone on board who will deliver the same fun. And Gamera :o

So here me out: Rian Johnson and he brings Daniel Craig as Benoit Blanc to solve a mystery at Monarch as to whole stole the Godzilla cells.

"Well I do say Doctor Andrews that my guy says that Doctor Shiragami might have some hand in the sudden disseverance of those Gahdzilla cells. Though for the life of me, ah I cannot fathom why a world renowned rose enthusiast who dabbles in genetics such as the good Doctor Shiragami would do with it. Boggles the mind."

BO Updates as of Wed:

$194.8 Domestic
$546.1 WW

Numbers to Beat:
G14: $200.6 Domestic
KSI: $568.6 WW

Regal is listing showings through the 30th of May. It's coming down to the wire and its going to be close. If it could pull 5 million this weekend...it would probably be enough to get both. but odds are we're looking at another 1-2 again.

$195.6 Domestic
$566.9 WW

One more weekend will see it overtake K:SI, but it will fall just agonisingly wide of G14's domestic total.

Haven't heard of him before this nor have watched that movie, but I like that Legendary is continuing the tradition of getting indie directors for the Monsterverse.

That was fast lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"