Godzilla vs Kong (2021)

GODZILLA VS KONG Sequel Gets A Synopsis, Cast, BTS Still...And Confirmation Godzilla WILL Return!

A brief synopsis reveals that the "sequel pits the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging their very existence - and our own."

It's added that this movie will "delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever."

If Godzilla is back...then the Big Bad has to be Destroyah.

Like unless they come up with something original...which would be cool in its own right...there's only one or two monsters that I can think of that would cause Kong and Godzilla to team up.

I seem to recall GvK's initial plot to be uncovering the origin of the Titans, but they ended up scrapping that so it seems like they're reusing it here, hence this movie being a much more direct sequel. Looking forward to seeing more of Kong and Godzilla working together though.

Not expecting the big bad to be a Toho monster (though if it hypothetically were, I'd really want Biollante), but another original monster like the MUTO and Skullcrawler.

Like unless they come up with something original...which would be cool in its own right...there's only one or two monsters that I can think of that would cause Kong and Godzilla to team up.

It really doesn't have to be Destroyah. Even if you ignore the fact that these will be new takes on monsters, there are a good handful of Toho monsters that can easily fit the bill.

I seem to recall GvK's initial plot to be uncovering the origin of the Titans, but they ended up scrapping that so it seems like they're reusing it here, hence this movie being a much more direct sequel. Looking forward to seeing more of Kong and Godzilla working together though.

Not expecting the big bad to be a Toho monster (though if it hypothetically were, I'd really want Biollante), but another original monster like the MUTO and Skullcrawler.

I am curious abou this. I think Monsterverse may be profitable merch for Toho. So, I suspect they will gladly have sold a few more monsters.

The answer to the villain is obvious. Bagan.

Personally, I am hoping for Biollante (though my wallet may fear the merch), I think Orga could be fun. Be fun to see an Orga take a bite out of Godzilla and another one take a bite out of Kong.

Oh god yes, I've wanted to see Bagan for a long time and I'm still perplexed at how he always gets scrapped when he's such a cool concept for a kaiju. But yeah, if there's any other Toho monster in this, hoping for Biollante. Orga is underrated so I wouldn't mind seeing him back as well.

As for Destoroyah, they did introduce the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM and did explain a bit of its aftermath which could lead into his origin, but I'd honestly rather see him in a Destroy All Monsters remake than this movie.

Oh god yes, I've wanted to see Bagan for a long time and I'm still perplexed at how he always gets scrapped when he's such a cool concept for a kaiju. But yeah, if there's any other Toho monster in this, hoping for Biollante. Orga is underrated so I wouldn't mind seeing him back as well.

As for Destoroyah, they did introduce the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM and did explain a bit of its aftermath which could lead into his origin, but I'd honestly rather see him in a Destroy All Monsters remake than this movie.
I'm just happy to be getting another one of these because I really thought GvK was the end of it so I'll take Destoroyah any way we can get him. IF they happen to make another one after this they can give us a Destroy All Monsters battle royale and throw Mecha-Ghidorah in there too because why not?

Saw someone suggesting this on Twitter and while not very likely to happen, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it hypothetically did. Always felt the Gryphon had great potential for a Godzilla adversary and it would be a cool way to honor Stan Winston's scrapped designs for G94.

It really doesn't have to be Destroyah. Even if you ignore the fact that these will be new takes on monsters, there are a good handful of Toho monsters that can easily fit the bill.

I am curious abou this. I think Monsterverse may be profitable merch for Toho. So, I suspect they will gladly have sold a few more monsters.

The answer to the villain is obvious. Bagan.

Personally, I am hoping for Biollante (though my wallet may fear the merch), I think Orga could be fun. Be fun to see an Orga take a bite out of Godzilla and another one take a bite out of Kong.

I would happily take Destoroyah or Biollante.

Fun Fact: Back in the 90s Marc Cerasini wrote a Godzilla novel that has some hollow earth vibes and had Biollante as the big bad
61CQpKqyqQL.jpg

I do think that if they go with an original monster...a take on the Jormungdar would be cool

Edit: Confused At World's End for Godzilla and The Lost Continent. On a positive note, will make sure to check out the former since I haven't read that one as well.

Filming seems to have wrapped. And the rumored title is Godzilla and Kong. Hopefully, just a placeholder.

And the rumored title is Godzilla and Kong.
So....the nuclear explosion didn't kill Major Kong, but instead mutated him into a giant big enough to battle Godzilla. Cool.

Matt Shakman Talks ‘Godzilla’ Series Timeline and How It’ll Fit Into the Movie Monster Franchise

Shakman recently spoke to Collider's own Steve Weintraub for his new Prime Video series The Consultant, and he talked a bit about the Apple series and its place in the wider MonsterVerse as well as the behind-the-scenes aspects of creating a large-scale Godzilla show. With regard to the story, Shakman wanted to keep it under wraps where the series lands in the timeline as it's crucial to the overall plot. "You know, I can't really say because that's part of the joy of it is, actually timelines [are] a big part of the storytelling," he said. "So I just want to say that's part of it, but I can’t really say more than that."

He'll helm two of the episodes in what's expected to be a very expensive affair. It's no small feat to bring Godzilla to screens. Through his and the other Titans' pure size, budgets often run high when trying to portray the King of Monsters in all his glory. For reference, Godzilla vs. Kong boasted a staggering production budget estimated at $160 million, making it one of the cheaper entries in the Legendary MonsterVerse which kicked off in 2014. Shakman was asked about the budget at his disposal and how much VFX played into the conversation of making the series. He teased that even though money was a part of everything, Godzilla and the Titans will get plenty of screen time. He said:

It is, it's a part of everything, obviously, no matter what the scale of something. You always run out of money eventually, even if it's Harry Potter or Star Wars, Star Trek, Godzilla, you run out of money. But it's less about carrying out shots, although eventually, you have to do that, and more just about storytelling. You know, how much was Godzilla going to factor into the story, and he has a very important role to play, and how he factors into the series is a big part of it. So that was the bigger driver, and he's not the only Titan that you're gonna meet along the way. So there's, yeah, there's a VFX conversation constantly happening in that.

Shakman's Series Won't Have Major Overlap With the Upcoming Film
Afterward, Shakman was asked about whether he collaborated with the movie team helmed by director Adam Wingard. Considering both the show and untitled sequel film are produced by Legendary and follow-up Godzilla vs. Kong in their own ways, there was bound to be some conversation between the two teams regarding the future of the MonsterVerse. According to Shakman, however, both are largely sticking to their respective projects. He teased that, while there will be shared elements between the series, it's far more self-contained than anyone hoping for an MCU-level connection might expect:

There is some overlap, though we were not heavily involved in talking about it with Adam Wingard and his team. Legendary is the studio for our show, as well as for the films, and so they sort of sit at the juncture there between the two, and they have a mythology department there which is wonderful. So they weigh in on how things might overlap, how certain creatures need to stay on one side or the other, and so there is a lot of conversation about it. But in terms of how closely the narratives overlap, it's not as involved to say, an MCU kind of Disney+ film crossover. It's less organized.

The show will have 10 episodes and jump to three timelines.
Legendary’s Monsterverse Apple Series Gets Title, Photos – Deadline

Co-developed by Chris Black (Severance) and Matt Fraction (Hawkeye), Monarch: Legacy of Monsters stars Kurt Russell, Wyatt Russell, Anna Sawai, Kiersey Clemons, Ren Watabe, Mari Yamamoto, Anders Holm, Joe Tippett and Elisa Lasowski.

Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco and the shocking revelation that monsters are real, Monarch: Legacy of Monsters tracks two siblings following in their father’s footsteps to uncover their family’s connection to the secretive organization known as Monarch. Clues lead them into the world of monsters and ultimately down the rabbit hole to Army officer Lee Shaw (played by Kurt Russell and Wyatt Russell), taking place in the 1950s and half a century later where Monarch is threatened by what Shaw knows. The dramatic saga – spanning three generations – reveals buried secrets and the ways that epic, earth-shattering events can reverberate through our lives.

Last edited:

I think that Kong will need to team up with Godzilla after being confronted by Alonzo Harris.

upload_2023-8-17_11-13-48.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"