Gotham gotham season 3, episode 1 "better to reign in hell ..."

Fish had, like, three scenes. Settle down. :o
And it does seeme like they're building up to a better "final battle". Falling off a building wasn't that spectacular. Now her body is breaking down but she wants more power and yet Penguin is scheming and using the media to his advantage.

Yeah, I liked Valerie. Still not sure why Selena continues to hook up with Fish, though.
Selena needed someone with Bruce distancing himself thanks to the Court. Fish talks a good game but I think Selena really would sell her out especially after what happened to Ivy.

Bruce always goes away "for his own safety" and then he returns and gets kidnapped right away because neither he nor Alfred seem to care about safety.
And it does seeme like they're building up to a better "final battle". Falling off a building wasn't that spectacular.
You really think Oswald will kill her again? Please...

Now that I think about it, Ivy ending up in that sewer felt really contrived. Up until now, Ivy has mostly kept to herself unless the plot called for her to interact with Selina or someone else. As far as I can tell, she never expressed interest in getting involved with Selina's criminal activities, so her pleading to join in and subsequent capture just felt like a way to end up in that predicament.

That way, when Ivy emerges as Maggie Geha, it should be some big surprise or revelation, but it isn't. That's my thought, anyway. If Ivy had been asking to join in Selina's adventures in the last two seasons, I could see her snooping on Fish, but from what I remember, the girl has just done her own thing.

Creating artificial conflict between her and Bruce. An attempt to villainize her without going through any psychological transformation or showing any rationale. See the finale of season one.

Truth. Her turn at the end of season 1 made zero sense.

I thought it was an ok episode. Barnes' line about gas gave me the biggest laugh.

Now that I think about it, Ivy ending up in that sewer felt really contrived. Up until now, Ivy has mostly kept to herself unless the plot called for her to interact with Selina or someone else. As far as I can tell, she never expressed interest in getting involved with Selina's criminal activities, so her pleading to join in and subsequent capture just felt like a way to end up in that predicament.

That way, when Ivy emerges as Maggie Geha, it should be some big surprise or revelation, but it isn't. That's my thought, anyway. If Ivy had been asking to join in Selina's adventures in the last two seasons, I could see her snooping on Fish, but from what I remember, the girl has just done her own thing.

She grew poisonous plants or something for the mob in Season 2. She was probably hoping Selina would get her a new client.

Last edited:
She grew poisonous plants or something for the mob in Season 2. She was probably hoping Selina would get her a new client.

She working for Butch's nephew making magic mushrooms.

tumblr_odty068AMu1v1by99o1_250.gif
tumblr_odty068AMu1v1by99o2_250.gif

tumblr_odty068AMu1v1by99o3_250.gif
tumblr_odty068AMu1v1by99o4_250.gif

My favorite Barbara moment this episode was her mocking that guy's pronunciation of the word club due to his injury.

Ha, Barbara is awesome these days.

It was relatively decent. Jada is still hamming it up like mad and it's just beating a dead horse at this point.

I'm liking Gordon a bit more now, and he had good chemistry with Vale.

Also, I have to mention this otherwise I'll go crazy. Am I the only who thinks that Court Of Owls goon looks kinda like Henry Cavill?

I guess. He was cool though, deserves to be seen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"