Grand Theft Auto 6

2025?!

3B2BF0ECB74E02D77CF27FB6E95F208E59A5849D

Just in time for the Playstation 6 to come out. :up:

Honestly though it shouldn't take that long. More than 10 years since the last game is just absurd especially Rockstar Games used to release 5 gta games in a six year span (GTA III to Vice City Stories). This is making me dislike GTA Online more, the success of that online counterpart is really holding back the release of a new GTA game. Personally speaking, so much has changed since 2013 and I can't believe I have to wait 4 more years for the neXt game.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt until it's officially confirmed. It's been 8 years since GTA V and 3 years since RDR2. You're going to tell me that everyone at Rockstar is working on GTA and RDR Online with as little concentration as possible on GTA VI?

Side note, I love modern games but part of me misses the simpler times of 20 years ago when a game only needed a year or two of development. Vice City coming out just a year after GTA III would be unheard of today.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt until it's officially confirmed. It's been 8 years since GTA V and 3 years since RDR2. You're going to tell me that everyone at Rockstar is working on GTA and RDR Online with as little concentration as possible on GTA VI?

Side note, I love modern games but part of me misses the simpler times of 20 years ago when a game only needed a year or two of development. Vice City coming out just a year after GTA III would be unheard of today.
The source said, that Rockstar doesn't want crunchtime and delays and they want more people owning new gen consoles. And with GTA Online still profitable, they can take their sweet time polishing GTA VI. And with so much time from now to 2025, I'd be surprised if its delayed beyond 2025. So its very possible.

And speaking of annual releases, I think Call of Duty and sport games are the only ones doing that. Assassin's Creed could have continued this if only Ubisoft didn't decide to make their last 3 games so bloated. I think it could be done with the big studios but eXpansions and online mode are big factors as studios want to make the most of their most recent games especially with microtransactions.

I sympathize with gamers but GTA5 still makes ton of cash for Rockstar. They would be dumb to rush a sequel at this point.

But omg GTA6 is gonna make so much dang money. It will be one of the most anticipated games of all time.

Honestly though it shouldn't take that long. More than 10 years since the last game is just absurd especially Rockstar Games used to release 5 gta games in a six year span (GTA III to Vice City Stories). This is making me dislike GTA Online more, the success of that online counterpart is really holding back the release of a new GTA game. Personally speaking, so much has changed since 2013 and I can't believe I have to wait 4 more years for the neXt game.
Not just GTA, but Rockstar used to make alot of different franchises as well. Now its just GTA and we were lucky to even get RDR2

I sympathize with gamers but GTA5 still makes ton of cash for Rockstar. They would be dumb to rush a sequel at this point.

But omg GTA6 is gonna make so much dang money. It will be one of the most anticipated games of all time.
GTA5 came out 2013. Releasing GTA 6 now wouldnt be rushing the sequel. I think thats a phrase that can really only be said of games that come within years of release, not 8+

Its been eight years, they aren't rushing it unless they only developed it for2 years. And we know they have been developing this for years now, at least starting in 2019.

Not just GTA, but Rockstar used to make alot of different franchises as well. Now its just GTA and we were lucky to even get RDR2
Aside from GTA siX, I would also like another game from them, like sci fi futuristic game. But these games are taking so much time. RDR2 came out in 2018 and to me 2018 already felt like forever. They will also support RDR Online for years to come.

They will also support RDR Online for years to come.
I'm not sure about that, their support for it is so minimal that I wouldn't be surprised if the updates stop this year. It's definitely not the cash cow T2 hoped it would be.

Is it being rushed based on its original release date?

No.

Is it being rushed based on how profitable GTA5 still is?

Yes.

Is it being rushed based on its original release date?

No.

Is it being rushed based on how profitable GTA5 still is?

Yes.
So when they should release the neXt game?

Because if we are going use that logic. Ubisoft is rushing Rainbow SiX Parasite as Rainbow SiX Seige still has plenty of online players. ActiVision Blizzard is rushing every single Call of Duty game as the last game before the new one still sells.

That definition of a "rushed" game doesn't make sense.

So when they should release the neXt game?

Because if we are going use that logic. Ubisoft is rushing Rainbow SiX Parasite as Rainbow SiX Seige still has plenty of online players. ActiVision Blizzard is rushing every single Call of Duty game as the last game before the new one still sells.

That definition of a "rushed" game doesn't make sense.

Call of Duty is a poor example.

It's one of the few franchises where sequels can co-exist with each other with no problem.

People still play Black Ops 3 along with War Zone and Cold War.

Call of Duty is a poor example.

It's one of the few franchises where sequels can co-exist with each other with no problem.

People still play Black Ops 3 along with War Zone and Cold War.
And people can't do this with two GTA games? A game that was launched in 2013, still appearing in best sellers and a game that might only come out in 2025? If a 2013 game stops selling because there's a new game, Rockstar won't go bankrupt as they have already earned so much profit from GTA V for more than 5 years.

I just don't see how its being rushed. GTA VI has started development from 2012 to 2015. While Kotaku stated that the game was only in early development by April 2020 but no one is really eXpecting for this to come out in 2021 and 2022. The best hope was in 2023, as there were rumours few months ago, that the first look/announcement was going to come out in 18 months. Then this 2025 report happened, and according to you, they are rushing the game?

We know the game is in the works for years now even if only consider the early development in 2020, Rockstar must have done something in 2019 and 2018 in terms of concepts/planning.

Again when do you think should Rockstar release GTA Vi? So they should stop.developing GTA VI because they are still profiting from GTA Online. So they should only create new games when GTA online is dead?

Also I just don't see why Rockstar needs to worry about Gta V when GTA VI is released, that releasing GTA VI is a rush decision when GTA V/Online launched in 2013. GTA V is already one of the best selling all time just behind tetris and Minecraft. Unless GTA VI sucks and ruins Gta's reputation. I just don't see why any publisher would wait until the last game is dead before working/releasing a new game. That doesn't make sense at all.
They would be dumb to rush a sequel at this point.

Also that doesn't make sense. They aren't smart making GTA VI in 2021 (8 years after GTA V) but they are going to make so much money from releasing a new game? :dry:

Last edited:
GTA VI in my opinion needs to better expand on the SP element of the game. What do I mean by that?

With GTA V, the MP feature was delayed, leaving players to play through SP and then move onto MP once it had been released. Any SP progress from last gen to new gen was lost if transferring, but even then, SP has no focus within the MP world, and nothing added to MP was ever added to SP.

With GTA VI, I feel that the game, and it's MP counterpart should be released together. People that play through the SP element of the game would get perks and goodies otherwise unobtainable through MP, thus giving people an incentive to play through SP. This would require Rockstar not to offer a P2W feature, and to keep said perks and bonuses as SP play-through exclusive.

Acclaimed ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Trilogy Reportedly Receiving Remaster

So they're remastering GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas AGAIN. Even though the current remastered versions available suffice just fine. I don't know how much more you can tweak them, it's like the Star Wars DVD releases all over again.

I wouldn't be as bothered about it if they didn't keep ignoring GTA IV and how there's no way for PS4 and PS5 owners to play the game. Come on, Rockstar, show Niko some love!

I have to wonder by "remastered" do they mean the trilogy being ported over or do they mean the trilogy being ported over with next gen graphics? Like how the original Mafia was remade. If it's the former, it doesn't seem like it would make much sense as all three games were already rereleased for the PS4.

I have to wonder by "remastered" do they mean the trilogy being ported over or do they mean the trilogy being ported over with next gen graphics? Like how the original Mafia was remade. If it's the former, it doesn't seem like it would make much sense as all three games were already rereleased for the PS4.
I believe it's just a remaster of the current games as opposed to a full-on remake.

If by remaster they mean just an up-res with the rest of the graphics untouched and the same outdated controls and UI then no thanks, it's lazy and unnecessary. At the very least bring it up to the standard that PC modders have, give us better lighting, tie driving controls to the analog triggers, give us a weapon wheel, etc.

Acclaimed ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Trilogy Reportedly Receiving Remaster

So they're remastering GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas AGAIN. Even though the current remastered versions available suffice just fine. I don't know how much more you can tweak them, it's like the Star Wars DVD releases all over again.

I wouldn't be as bothered about it if they didn't keep ignoring GTA IV and how there's no way for PS4 and PS5 owners to play the game. Come on, Rockstar, show Niko some love!
Facts.

Last edited:
As critically acclaimed as that game is it feels like the black sheep of the GTA games. I’m glad for the remasters but GTA 4 is the one I really want. It’s not only my favorite GTA game but my favorite game of all time.

As critically acclaimed as that game is it feels like the black sheep of the GTA games. I’m glad for the remasters but GTA 4 is the one I really want. It’s not only my favorite GTA game but my favorite game of all time.
I'm not really a fan of IV, but it would be way more interesting than a trilogy remaster or the next V remaster.

I’ve been thinking about if they ever even try to do a GTA movie I would love it if the Safdie Brothers who directed Good Time and Uncut Gems to do it.

Both of those film’s storylines feel like it’s set in a GTA universe and I like to imagine they both take place in Liberty City lol.

I need San Andreas, Vice City,III, iv, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for the ps4!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"