Graphic novels....

Destructo-Man

Civilian
Reaction score
So...I haven't read much since the Gotham Quake. I know the basics since then, multiverse returning, Hal's return(but not how), Superboy Prime, but I'm looking to catch up and intend to do so with graphic novels. Meaning I'm loading up my christmas list with graphic novels. My questions is, which gn's should I be asking for? infinite crisis? 52, 1-4 or whatever? I have no idea...

I'll try to help you, disregarding the quality of the book (or subjective opinion):
-definitely Infinite Crisis
-maybe Identity Crisis, Superman/Batman "public ennemies", GL rebirth, GL Sinestro Corps War.
- some say 52 and/or Countdown is usefull, some don't.Bad or good, I'm not sure it is necessary, but it gives you a good look at a lot of people of the DCU.
-Rann Thanagar war.
In fact, if you haven't read anything since Batman No Man's Land, I think most of the good TPB are situated BEFORE the crisis. Because most of the story that happens AFTER are tied (more or less) to the next final crisis.
So, what I tell you is for general information about the DCU, what I believe you were looking for. There are tons of TPB concerning each hero, but I think the ones I've listed are the most general ones, or the ones you were looking for.

52 explains Intergang and the return of James Gordan who I think left around NML. You should get Death of the New Gods it explains why all the Gods look human and what the
5th world is Kinda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"