Greatest American Hero - FOX Remake From Phil Lord/Chris Miller

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2014/08/greatest-american-hero-remake-put-pilot-fox-826823/
‘The Greatest American Hero’ Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
by Nellie Andreeva

EXCLUSIVE: A Steven J. Cannell cult classic is getting a reboot at Fox. The network has given a put pilot commitment to The Greatest American Hero, a new take on the 1981 sci-fi dramedy, which is being shepherded by The Lego Movie writers-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller and 20th Century Fox TV. Lord and Miller will executive produce the horlong action comedy alongside Cannell’s daughter, television director Tawnia McKiernan. Written/exec produced by Rodney Rothman, the new Greatest American Hero will chronicle inner-city teacher Isaac’s adventures after his discovery of a superhero suit which gives him superhuman abilities. Unfortunately for Isaac, he hates wearing the suit, and has to learn how to use its powers by trial and error because he quickly misplaces the suit’s instructions. He also has to deal with a government handler who has very different objectives than him and struggles as to whether should use his newfound gifts to help others or just himself. The original series, created by TV legend Cannell and starring William Katt and Robert Culp, aired for two seasons on ABC. Here is montage to the show’s popular theme song, Believe It Or Not.
Better keep that theme song, though.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home.
Please leave a message at the beep.
I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not, I'm not home!

I don't care about the cries of lack of creativity... I want this.

Hmmm a remake by the Lego movie/21 Jump Street guys...I'm there

That theme song is a must.

[YT]e9Q3orQhEcA[/YT]

Yes it is

Best keep dat theme in. I so can't wait for this, especially if it's coming from Lord/Miller.

Lord and Miller pretty much makes this work. Now only if they also rebooted Baywatch...

Yeah, without the original theme, which is one of the greatest theme song ever, the show wouldn't be the same.

I really hope the remake is good. I love the original and have it on DVD.

Not really sure if this will work, but I'm willing to give Lord and Miller a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"