Fox's A-Team Remake

Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2015/09/a-team-series-remake-chris-morgan-stephen-j-cannell-1201544600/

EXCLUSIVE: The A-Team is being reassembled. I’ve learned that 20th Century Fox TV has put together a new contemporary take on Stephen J. Cannell’s classic 1980s action series. Fast & Furious writer-producer Chris Morgan executive produces with Cannell’s daughter, TV director Tawnia McKiernan. Sleepy Hollow executive producer Albert Kim is writing the adaptation.

Like the original NBC show, the new A-Team revolves around a diverse team of American Special Forces operatives. Unlike the original all-male squad, the new team will include both male and female members. The group has been framed for a crime they didn’t commit and set out to clear their names by uncovering the black-ops conspiracy that set them up. Along the way, they are driven to help those in need by using their singular military skills, high-tech expertise and often conflicting individual approaches. It’s described as a fun episodic mission-of-the-week show that mixes big action-adventure sequences with compelling characters, inventive cons and lots of humor.

Hell, why not? It sounds like they understand the spirit of the show; it wasn't all just about guns and building tanks out of spare parts; they employed a lot of tricks and deception as well. I only hope they can find a lead actor with some credibility like George Peppard; the rest of the cast can be a mix of B-listers, models and ex-wrestlers.

tumblr_m8t3a0Hdg71rrgkzy.gif

Still wish we got a sequel to the movie. Very underrated/under appreciated imo

The movie was good but it under performed at the Box Office. The fact that this is on Fox, of all channels' is an instant death sentence……

So there will be no fools pitied like in the original?

Also this is needed:

[YT]9nfHetknnaY[/YT]

Honestly, the A-Team would make a great modern TV series. It can have both a case of the week and a serialized component (investigating who framed them).

That said, my guess is that Fox butchers it. I can already predict how its going to go down: the female will be B.A. Baracus, probably played by Michelle Rodriguez...because Hollywood views writing a "strong female" as an over the top, tough as nails, ass kicker. She'll probably have a will they/won't they relationship with Face who brings out her soft, feminine side.

Personally, I don't see the need to add a female to the A-Team. The movie did a pretty good job adding a female character, in Jessica Biel, as one of their pursuers/ally on the inside. They should just go with that and leave the main team intact.

I say make Dirk Benedict's character female again, just to really piss him off. :o

Can't think of a single actor that I would want to see in an A-Team remake especially on tv. Liam Neeson was good/great as Hannibal in the movie version but he would probably never do tv.

Maybe Samuel L. Jackson as a black Hannibal & Ioan Gruffudd as Templeton "Face Man" Peck.

^ Heh, well I am glad he came around and was more positive about it. I remember in the beginning of the BSG reboot he really had a problem with Starbuck being female.

Never has a shows life hinged sooo much on casting.

That said, my guess is that Fox butchers it. I can already predict how its going to go down: the female will be B.A. Baracus, probably played by Michelle Rodriguez...because Hollywood views writing a "strong female" as an over the top, tough as nails, ass kicker. She'll probably have a will they/won't they relationship with Face who brings out her soft, feminine side.

She can be the new Frankie Santana :funny:

It is amazing how the fragile and oft traumatized mind of the A-Team fanatic, tries to "reason" Frankie Santana however it can. The most common is denial, just pretend he never happened.
Then there is Rage! Depression, Bargaining, and the rare Acceptance.
Usually followed by workshop; where you custom build your own crude pathetic Frankie Santana action figure.
S8fDUKe.jpg

It really is sad how little help is out there for people.

I guess this was your way to deal. :funny:
Wait, Frankie was a guy?! :eek: Good god, I need to re-evaluate the past few decades of my life.
Good luck.:dry:

Last edited:
Still wish we got a sequel to the movie. Very underrated/under appreciated imo

Agreed I wish the Film had a sequel however Perhaps the Show could be based in the same universe as the film... similar to Limitless. I will check it out 3 episodes max If I like it then obviously I will watch it.

the questions would be who would you cast as I am positive Neeson etc will not be in this?

the questions would be who would you cast as I am positive Neeson etc will not be in this?

I'd say you follow the pattern of the original show: one quality actor, and the rest a mix of solid TV character actors and maybe one stunt casting decision (i.e. a former athlete or pro wrestler) to bring in some extra ratings.

The quality actor for the "Hannibal" role is going to be the tough one: you need to find someone with credibility, but who could use a career boost at present. It's fortunately easier to find an actor like this these days, as it appears more film-related actors are willing to do television.

Just off the top of my head, the names that come up for the "Hannibal" role might include Tom Sizemore, Michael Madsen or Tom Berenger.

I think he's great, but what role would he play? His accent is so strong, he'd have trouble passing himself off as an American GI.

I knew quite a few people with significant foreign accents when I was on active duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"