Greatest Marvel Villain of ALL time

Asteroid-Man

Avenger
Reaction score
PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS FROM MARVEL BEFORE VOTING!!!!!!!!!

Lets settle this, who is the greatest. Sorry if this ahs already been posted.
CANDIDATES:

GALACTUS:

Strength Level: At full power, Galactus possesses Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift well over 100 tons, and he can use his vast power to increase his strength immeasurably beyond that. However, Galactus invariably relies on his energy powers in combat rather than his physical strength.

Known Superhuman Powers: Galactus possesses cosmic power beyond the abilities of human beings to measure. Galactus is able to use the vast energies within him for an incalculable number of effects. Some of his most rudimentary abilities are the molecular restructuring or conversion of matter, the projection of energy with enormous concussive force, the teleportation of objects across space or even time, and the erection of invincible energy-screens and force fields. Even his heralds, whom he has endowed with a small fraction of his ever-renewing power, are able to manipulate matter and energy in ways far beyond human comprehension.

Galactus wears a full-body suit of armor constructed from an unknown extraterrestrial metal that permits him to regulate and control his personal energy. If he were to remove the armor, the vast cosmic energies that empower him would run rampant, with the potential to turn him into a small sun.

Galactus requires unknown energies obtainable only from a certain type of planet in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. Although he is able to extract and absorb this energy himself, he generally employs a complicated array of equipment to perform the conversion process for him. The equipment is not only more efficient than he is, but also enables him to avoid the needless expenditure of energy involved in the process. Sometimes Galactus drains the energies he needs from a planet while still leaving it barely habitable. Other times he destroys all life and water on the planet in the process, leaving its surface devastated and barren. Most often his feeding process destroys the planet, reducing it to space rubble. When Galactus was newly born in his current form, the energy of a medium-size Earth-like planet was enough to sustain him for over a century (using Earthly measurements of time). Now, for unknown reasons, he needs to feed about once a month. His body totally converts the energy he absorbs for its life functions and bodily activities without any waste products.

Galactus is telepathic, able to scan the thoughts of any mind he has yet encountered, no matter how alien or advanced it was.

APOCALYPSE:
Strength Level: Since Apocalypse can increase his strength by drawing on outside energy sources, his strength is potentially incalculable.

Known Superhuman Powers: Apocalypse is a mutant who possesses superhuman strength which he can augment by psionically drawing on outside energy sources. Apocalypse can alter the atomic structure of his body at will in order to change his form. He can even increase his size by taking on additional mass from a presumably extra-dimensional source. Through his ability to alter his form, Apocalypse can give himself virtually any superhuman physical power. Apocalypse's "costume" is actually part of his body, and he can psionically alter its appearance at will. He can levitate himself telekinetically.

Apocalypse has an extraordinarily long life span that has already lasted thousands of years. He can survive for weeks without food or water and can rapidly recover from injuries that would prove fatal to normal human beings. In the future, however, his physical form will eventually grow too aged and enfeebled to contain his vast superhuman energies. Hence, he will transfer his consciousness and powers into a succession of host bodies, abandoning each one when it too grows too old to contain his power.

Dr. Doom
Strength Level: Not recorded
Known Superhuman Powers: While in his armor, Dr. Doom can lift (press) approximately 2 tons. He is one of the smartest men in the world and has an almost endless variety of weapons and equipment at his disposal. At the very least, Doom's armor contains a force field and concussion beams -- though more weapons may also be included. Dr. Doom also has the ability to switch minds with another person and he possesses a small amount of mystical knowledge as well.

Strength Level: Loki possesses the normal strength of an Asgardian male of his age, height, and build. He can lift (press) about 30 tons.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Known Superhuman Powers: Loki possesses the conventional attributes of an Asgardian, as well as certain innate magical powers. Like all Asgardians, Loki is extremely long-lived (though not immortal like the Olympians), superhumanly strong, immune to all diseases, and resistant to conventional injury. (Asgardian flesh and bone is about 3 times denser than similar human tissue, contributing to the Asgardian's superhuman strength and weight.) His Asgardian metabolism gives him superhuman endurance in all physical activities.
Besides these physical abilities, Loki possesses a host of magical skills. Among these is his ability to transform his shape at will into those of other creatures. He has become such animals as a snake, eagle, mouse, and bee, gaining the basic natural abilities inherent in each form. While he can take on the likeness of another god, giant, or human, he will not necessarily gain the special physical or mental powers of the being he imitates. Loki can also transform external objects into other forms and substances by magic; for instance, he can turn clouds into dragons. He can also bring inanimate objects to life, or mystically imbue objects or beings with specific but temporary powers. He has, for example, augmented the might of such human criminals as the Cobra and Sandu. These magical effects remain only for as long as he maintains the spell that created them.
Loki can project highly powerful concussive bolts of mystical energy. He can also create magical energy fields, which serve various purposes. With great concentration, Loki can create a field of sufficient resilience to repel Thor's enchanted hammer (though repeated blows would undoubtedly penetrate it) or physical objects such as large caliber projectiles. He can also surround objects in mystical energy to levitate them. He once lifted and supported an entire building off the ground for several minutes. He can also mystically levitate himself and thereby fly at great speed. As with his influence over matter, his magical energy feats only last as long as he maintains them.
Loki also has a number of mental and extrasensory powers, which are analogous to psionic abilities. He can broadcast his thoughts into other minds as well as plant compelling hypnotic suggestions. These telepathic abilities do not appear to be limited by distance: Loki can even cast his thoughts across dimensions. Loki cannot, however, perceive the thoughts of others. He does have certain extrasensory powers of perception, however, enabling him to see and hear events in distant places simultaneous to their occurrence. He can also mentally project an image of himself, in a manner not unlike astral projection, through which he can communicate with beings in other places.
Loki can also magically create rifts between dimensions, allowing him or other objects passage from one universe to another. Most often this rift is between Asgard and Earth.
Loki also has a vast knowledge of spells, which he can use for many magical effects.
Loki has used his magic to enable him to endure injuries with little or no effect which would kill another Asgardian. He has even been beheaded, and yet he continued to live, magically reattached his head to his body, and was in the same condition as he was in before the beheading.
Weapons: Loki occasionally employs certain magical power objects, such as the Norn Stones or rare Asgardian herbs, to augment his own magical powers. These objects or substances are generally used to enhance his immediate personal strength or abilities, or to create a permanent magical transformation, such as that which gave the Absorbing Man his power. He once used the mystical sword of Surtur along with various equipment to transform Thor into a frog while Loki was in Asgard and Thor on Earth. The destruction of the engine drawing power from the sword caused Thor to return to his normal form.

[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Galactus isn't a villain. He's a force of nature.

And we all know who the King of Marvel Villains is. The man who inspired Darth Vader. The man who defeated the Beyonder.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Uhm, yeah Galactus wins. Doom and Loki tie in my opinion. Last is Apocalypse.

Galactus can be considered a villain, anyways read the directory's notes, its obvious who is the winner :o Galactus but I still like Apoc more :p but it says Apoc's power is inmesurable, but you can measure Galactus' so I am unsure, Either Apoc or Galactus in first and second, then loki then doom. This is goin by the comics not the rpg

Of the list: Galactus.

Even though he's not villainous in the slightest.

Asteroid-Man said:
Galactus can be considered a villain, anyways read the directory's notes, its obvious who is the winner :o Galactus but I still like Apoc more :p but it says Apoc's power is inmesurable, but you can measure Galactus' so I am unsure, Either Apoc or Galactus in first and second, then loki then doom. This is goin by the comics not the rpg
Dude, you posted the directory statistics on Thanos.

What are you talking about, "thanos"? Those are all the characters stats

Asteroid-Man said:
GALACTUS:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strength Level: The exact extent of Thanos's physical strength is not known, but he was able to engage both the Thing and Thor in hand-to-hand combat simultaneously for an extended period of time and hold his own. Presumably, then, Thanos possessed at least Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Known Superhuman Powers: Thanos possessed incalculable superhuman power. By far the most powerful of the Titanian Eternals, Thanos was a mutant whose massive, heavy-bided body was born with the capacity to synthesize cosmic energy for certain personal uses. (This is a trait that Thanos shared with his father Alars and all Earthborn Eternals but not with Titan-born Eternals. Through still unknown bionic amplification, Thanos increased his physical strength and resilience to levels surpassing even the strongest of the Earth Eternals. Through meditation and certain mystical techniques, Thanos augmented his power in still other ways, enabling him to tap, transform, and direct vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. His skin in nearly invulnerable, particularly against heat, cold, electricity, radiation, toxins, aging, and disease, and he can survive indefinitely without food or water even before his "curse" from Death left him immortal, unable to die. His mind is also invulnerable to most forms of psychic attack, and can project a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands. He usually employs a hovering chair with additional offensive weapons and the ability to teleport fantastic distances. Deadliest of all Thanos's attributes, perhaps, was his mind, whose superhuman level of intellect was totally dedicated to the annihilation of life.[/FONT]

Read it again.

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Asteroid-Man said:
What are you talking about, "thanos"? Those are all the characters stats
They are indeed...that character being Thanos. :D

That's better. :D
Still, Galactus isn't really a villain. He's more of a cosmic force of nature, neither good or evil. He is Galactus. He does what he has to do to survive. And one day he will give back to the universe much more than he has taken from it.

Doom's cool, Poccy is ok, and, being a Thor fan, I like Loki.

Hmmmm...tough choice, but I vote other for Thanos. :up:

Is this just because of the dicussion in the OCC thread?

Doom on account of the fact that he compliments the heroes he's paired with so well. He is the very definition of an arch nemesis. That and for an, albeit brief, time the guy wielded the power of the freakin Beyonder! (the one character I can think of that managed to slap galactus around like a *****)

Asteroid-Man said:

I think that's more to do with potential, he is an omega so he has unlimited potential but may not have fully tapped into it yet. If I'm wrong please feel free to tear into my argument :D

hippy fascist said:
Doom on account of the fact that he compliments the heroes he's paired with so well. He is the very definition of an arch nemesis. That and for an, albeit brief, time the guy wielded the power of the freakin Beyonder! (the one character I can think of that managed to slap galactus around like a *****)

doom does suit his rivals the f.f, and others very well but that doesnt make him the greatest, and the beyonder let doom take control over his powers,, so that doesnt count. to hold the title greatest villain to have to threaten the entire world, hero, and villian alike. my choice is onslaught, and apocalyspe

Apocalypse is ok but I wouldn't even class him as the x-men's greatest villain, that would be magneto. If you're talking about the world of comics, surely the interplay between hero and villain is the main factor.

Quality of villains is about longevity and interplay

This is why the goblin is spider-man main foe
why the red skull is cap's arch nemesis
why the kingpin is DD's main enemy
etc....

It's about how interesting the stories and characterisation rather than simply coming down to power level.

And with regards apocalypse under these criteria, he isn't even in the same league. Look what happened the last time they rolled him out...oh yeah....it sucked

BrolyKnight said:
doom does suit his rivals the f.f, and others very well but that doesnt make him the greatest, and the beyonder let doom take control over his powers,, so that doesnt count. to hold the title greatest villain to have to threaten the entire world, hero, and villian alike. my choice is onslaught, and apocalyspe
The only time Poccy ever actually threatened the world was during the Twelve, and even there he was taken down like a little punk. AoA doesn't count, because Poccy didn't really have to do a whole lot.

Yeah, when Poccy takes over the universe then he's got my respect. :D :p

Asteroid-Man said:

Unmeasurable because he's a shapeshifter. Galactus' are measurable based on the last time he ate.

And I'm gonna say it... Mandarin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"