Greatest On Screen Marvel Villian?

bigscore

Civilian
Reaction score
Who do you guys think has been the greatest on screen villian of the Marvel Universe to date...??

Loki

Runners up, Fassbender's Magneto and Dr. Octopus. Magneto becomes the villain once he puts that helmet on, but really the whole time he was a bad guy looking for other bad guys. Dr. Octopus feels so much like a comic character taken off the page and put on screen thanks to Molina. "You've spun your webs in my business for the last time! Now you'll have this woman's death on your conscious." :otto:

Loki. Before Avengers, I had re-watched Thor and just watched Tom Hiddleston in action, tearing up the screen. Compelling character, good writing and acting.

Easily Doc Ock. Alfred Molina gave a very human portrayal with quite a bit of dimension. The fact is, he was doing malevolent things, but in his own thoughts, he was doing something to change the world for the better. Such a portrayal allowed the audience a modicum of sympathy for the character, which complicates our feelings about the resolution at the end. Rather than wanting to see the villain defeated, you'd rather he be redeemed. The film did an excellent job of following through with that. It really broke the mold of the classic archetype of the "I want to rule the world" villain or the villain who is just plain looney tunes. Magneto in X-Men First Class is a close runner up. I'd love a film devoted to his time as a nazi hunter. There was a lot of human interest in that story that did not receive adequate attention in the film (my opinion, of course).

Loki

Runners up, Fassbender's Magneto and Dr. Octopus. Magneto becomes the villain once he puts that helmet on, but really the whole time he was a bad guy looking for other bad guys. Dr. Octopus feels so much like a comic character taken off the page and put on screen thanks to Molina. "You've spun your webs in my business for the last time! Now you'll have this woman's death on your conscious." :otto:
Perfect!

Magneto, no competitors.

Marvel Studios? Loki, based on THOR.

I think McKellan's Mags is bordering right on the edge of good/great.

1. Mckellan as Magneto
2. Fassbender as young Magneto
3. Dafoe as Green Goblin
4. Hiddleston as Loki
5. Molina as Doc Ock
6. Weaving as Red Skull

Those are the absolute best. There are others that are very good but those ones are by far the biggest. I think Weaving's Red Skull is incredibly underated as is Dafoe's Goblin. I think people were stuck on his crappy costume and forgot how good his actual performance was.

1. Kevin Bacon's character in X-men first class
2. Nomak's character played by Luke Goss

Magneto, no competitors.

Marvel Studios? Loki, based on THOR.

Easily.

Magneto (both of them) is still the greatest on screen Marvel villain to date. We've been incredibly lucky to have had not only Sir Ian McKellan but now Michael Fassbender playing the younger version.

Tom Hiddleston's Loki has been very good as well.

My Top 10:
1) Alfred Molina's Otto Octavius/Dr. Octopus (Spider-Man 2)
2) Tom Hiddleston's Loki (Thor and The Avengers)
3) Ian McKellen's Eric Lensherr/Magneto (X-Men/X2/The Last Stand)
4) Kevin Bacon's Sebastian Shaw AND January Jones' Emma Frost (X-Men: First Class) (TIE)
5) Brian Cox's William Stryker (X2)
6) Hugo Weaving's Johann Schmidt/Red Skull (Captain America: The First Avenger)
7) William Hurt's General Thunderbolt Ross (The Incredible Hulk)
8) Michael Clark Duncan's Kingpin AND Colin Farrell's Bullseye (Daredevil) (TIE)
9) Willem Dafoe's Norman Osborne/Green Goblin AND James Franco's Harry Osborne (Spider-Man 2/Spider-Man 3) (TIE)
10) Rebecca Romjin-Stamos' Raven Darkholme Xavier/Mystique (X-Men/X2/The Last Stand) AND Kelly Hu's Yuriko Oyama/Lady Deathstrike (X2) (TIE)

Magneto, absolutely.

Then Octopus, then Loki.

Magneto had a lot of potential. I liked him most in the first movie. Had his moments in the second movie too. But by the third movie, he was essentially reduced to being the leader of a glorified street gang.

Magneto, easily.

Magnito and Red Skull come up a few notches over the rest for sure, but hopfully we will see someone do Doom soon - the best marvel villian ever.

1. Magneto
2. Loki
3. Dark Phoenix
4. Abomination
5. Doc Ock

Magnito and Red Skull come up a few notches over the rest for sure, but hopfully we will see someone do Doom soon - the best marvel villian ever.

As in Dr. Doom, who was in the first two Fantastic Four flicks?

Doom is one of those villains who is more interesting than the heroes he fights.

The Fantastic Four films were rather awful. So that's not fair to Doom.

1. Loki
2. Magneto
3. Doc Ock

He means a version of Doom that isn't embarrassing to everyone involved and everyone watching

See --- Doom was so forgetable in those FF movies, I forgot he was there (lol). Yes, I ment to say a GOOD version of Doom. Doom in the FF movies compared to his comic book run, is like saying a hamburger is a steak dinner!

Magneto and Dock Ock for the non MS movies

Loki, by far for the MCU villains thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"