Green Lantern Sequel Details

I've already started thinking as to who it will feature, Stewart or Rayner.

Seems like a lot would like to see Stewart. But I think Rayner's story would be awesome to see on the big screen.

I have recently come into some details regarding Green Lantern's sequel thanks to my well placed source. Trust me this is real, I also had inside info on Green Lantern (2011) and was writing the plot basically on here about 6 months before release if you want proof..

- Sinestro doesn't begin the film as a Yellow Lantern.
- He instead keeps the ring from everybody and the Guardians task Hal Jordan with finding out who stole the ring from Oa.
- Sinestro keeps it on Korugar where Jordan follows a trail of clues (Sinestro was practicing using the ring against innocent people in a bid to control it's power)
- Their first fight ensues with Jordan retreating to Oa after being defeated.
- Sinestro then attacks Oa saying they must replace Willpower with Fear. The Guardians reference the Manhunters and Krona and their use of Fear and say Willpower is the strongest Spectrum. Sinestro attacks the Corps before the Guardians use their powers to teleport him from Oa.
- Sinestro is sent outside the 3600 sectors. He then finds a planet of immortals, a sub species of the Guardians who the Guardians experimented on and banished here billions of years ago when the Guardians became immortal themselves and left Maltus for Oa. They call their planet Qward and Sinestro offers them the chance to get revenge.
- The Qwardians create Yellow Power Rings for Sinestro who sends them out to the universe where they select wearers based on their Fear Inducting powers where they become members of the Sinestro Corps.
- There is a couple hundred Sinestro Corps members who have a massive battle against the Green Lantern Corps on Oa in the climax battle. They are eventually defeated with a few dozen retreating with Sinestro to Qward.
- Carol Ferris doesn't become Star Sapphire in this one, she is being saved for a 3rd film.
- Guy Gardner doesn't become a Green Lantern in this one either.

Will Black Mask be in this film too?

i liked the sinestro corps war better than anything else johns did since. i would love to see the glc fight the sc.

no big surprise a sequel is on the way, it was greenlit before the first one even came out. they must have really planned for it though the first one really is not a massive hit.

Last edited:
ohmagawd. major spoilers! but yay! can't wait to see green lantern 2. i guess now the sales of the comic books and merchandise like the gl animations and the rise of the manhunters are really the ones being looked at. plus hopefully, gl would hit above 300 million world wide. Plus there would be the DVD sales, I doubt WB would really make any losses but still keeping fingers crossed.

Lol...you do know that the articles you posted was yesterday, yes? What I posted was an article from today(and yes, THR supposedly said that WB still wanted a sequel on SUNDAY(look up THR...the date on their article is "1:23 PM 6/26/2011"...the articles were just made for yesterday for MTV and Latino Review). Granted, it's on CBM, but I have more faith on a rumor-milled site saying WB has not made any agreements on a sequel yet than just flat-out saying WB will go for a sequel when GL is a lackluster of a movie(not that I'd call it "lackluster" because I thought it was an OK film, but with the letdown BO and the negative reviews, it's not something that WB wanted, and it should be a sign that WB needs to change things up).

Kudos for trying to prove me wrong though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"