Sequel planner!

Shemtov

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anyway if you were running the show, what would your plan be for the GL seires?

Mine:
The Green Lantern Trilogy:

Green Lantern (2011) The origin tale. Take out Legion. However, In addition to Hector Hammond The Corps send Jordan to Zamara too make a treaty with them concerning the Qwardians. But, Hal does something that offends the Zamarans and they kidnapp his girlfreind Carol Ferris and turn her into Star Saphire, who is brainwashed to kill Hal. In the end Hal stops her powers and restores her memories. He then goes on to defeat Hector Hammond.

Green Lantern II:Beware My Power (2014) The GL Sinestro Turns Rouge and goes to the Qwardians. However, Oa shuts off his power ring, but the Qwardians restore it and turn it yellow. He leads the Qwardian in a massive invasion of OA. Hal Jordan helps stop it.

Green Lantern Corps (2016) In light of The Sinestro Fiasco, The Oans decree that every sector has a back-up GL. On Earth it is young hotshot artist Kyle Rayner. Hal Jordan is slowly being corupted by his contact with Sinestros ring. he turns into a Being named Parralax Who begins to ravage earth. Kyle goes to Oa to get backup. Killowog dies or is seriously injured in the ensuing battle. Hal sees this and sacrafices himself for the sake of the universe. He is given a heroes funrael as we see Kyle take on the mantle.

Green Lantern- Hal's origin, andI like the script as is, I'd just place the Hammond fight first, and then Hal goes to Oa to help the Corps stop Legion for th final battle, it's bigger in scope.

Green Lantern 2-Following the events of GL 1, Sinestro gets his yellow ring, and becomes more and more ruthless, we get the student vs teacher fight of Hal vs Sinestro (Sinestro would be imprisoned on Oa at the end)

Green Lantern 3-This would be an all out space epic with the entire Corps (Hal leading) trying to prevent Krona from restarting the entire universe.

Green Lantern- Hal's origin, andI like the script as is, I'd just place the Hammond fight first, and then Hal goes to Oa to help the Corps stop Legion for th final battle, it's bigger in scope.
The problem I have with Legion is that why would the Gaurdians send a rookie out to fight Legion who for all purposes is really Parralex with another name?
A Diplomatic mission that gets hairy would make more sense. Plus, Any other villian would be a let-down compared to Legion (except Maybe Krona)

No, Sinestro could follow Legion and be awesome. Krona has to be the final villain of the GL franchise, though. They could call for everyone to stop Legion but Hal is the one that steps up.

GL1 = Hal's Origin

GL2 = Parallax (Hal's fall to darkness)

GL3 = Rebirth (Hal's redemption)

Here are some villains that I'm hoping pop up besides Sinestro whose guaranteed to go to the dark side down the line:

Star Sapphire
The Shark (I'd change his backstory and make him an alien)
The Manhunters (though it seems they've given their backstory to Legion)
Attroticus and the Red Lanterns
Krona

Green Lantern - Hal's origin, with Hal vs. Sinestro and Sinestro's banishment for the big finish. Think "Training Day" with power rings.

Green Lantern Corps - Sinestro seeks revenge on the Guardians with his new yellow ring and a group of followers. In response to the threat, the Green Lantern Corps expands, adding Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, insert your favorite GL characters here. Cliffhanger ending teasing the formation of the other corps.

Green Lantern: In Blackest Night - It's a bit soon to know how the whole story plays out, but having already established GLC and the Sinestro Corps, part three gives us the War of Light free for all.

WARNING! I'll avoid direct SPOILERS where I can, but there may be some SPOILERISH allusions here.

Green Lantern
I'd keep the basic structure of that initial script intact. Maybe tighten up a few things here and there, expand on certain elements of characterisation. But I'd keep the Hector Hammond fight as the main event, after Legion. Is it as big in scale? Maybe not. But one thing it has, that Legion lacks, is the personal touch. Legion is ultimately a special effect. Hector Hammond will have an actor behind him, and so - if he does a good job in the role - that will be the conflict whose resolution feels most climactic. Guillermo Del Toro has stated his biggest regret about Hellboy was not saving Kroenen for the final battle, as audiences related to him as a villain more than the big giant CGI monster. I wouldn't want the GL filmmakers to make the same mistake.

Green Lantern 2
Using the energy he harvested from Legion, Sinestro has fashioned a yellow power ring. But we'll get to that later. The film begins with Sinestro and Hal Jordan now firmly established as partners and friends. We open with the emergence of a new threat: the Manhunters, an army of deadly androids led by a cyborg known as Hank Henshaw. (I think Henshaw is a better GL villain than Superman villain, so I'd redesign him a little to remove all "Cyborg Superman" elements, lean more heavily towards his "Manhunter Grandmaster" role.) These Manhunters ravage and destroy a planet in Hal's sector, but the Guardians refuse to mobilise the Corps against them.

Sinestro approaches a frustrated Jordan with a shocking discovery. Long before the Green Lantern Corps were born, the Guardians created the Manhunters as a means of maintaining order in the universe. However, a flaw in the programming meant the Manhunters saw life itself as disorder. When they went rogue, wiping out the entirety of Sector 666, the Guardians banished them to the furthest reaches of space, beyond the known, sectored universe. But now, Henshaw has brought them back.

Sinestro informs Jordan that the Guardians are corrupt, and are incapable of running the universe. It is time to form a new Corps. Sinestro, Jordan, and a number of other GLs confront the Guardians, and resign from the Corps. Handing in their rings, replacements are immediately sought, including Katma Tui on Korugar for Sinestro, and Guy Gardner on Earth for Hal. Hal, Sinestro and co. then adopt a set of yellow rings - duplicated from Sinestro's original - and form a new group of freelance heroes..

As we enter the film's second act, we see Hal and Sinestro's group clashing with the Green Lantern Corps in a couple of missions, building up a Hal/Guy rivalry. But Hal is unnerved by the dark impulses entering his mind while using this new, yellow ring, and the dangerous, volatile nature of the power he now wields. When there is a reported emergency in Korugar, Hal rushes there to investigate. What he finds there horrifies him. Sinestro has turned the whole planet into a dictatorship, with him as its ruler. And his army? Henshaw and The Manhunters. It turns out Sinestro masterminded this whole Manhunter resurgence, in order to expose the Guardians and disenfranchise key members of the Green Lantern Corps, Hal included. Sinestro tries to persuade Hal it was for the greater good, that they can police the universe better than the GLC, powered not by will, but by fear. But when Hal rejects him, Sinestro tries to have him killed, prompting Hal to retreat back to Oa.

Upon his arrival on Oa, Hal is imprisoned and put on trial as a traitor, for collaborating with a tyrant. But when Hal explains the situation, and the enormity of the threat facing the Corps, the Guardians restore his power ring to him, but to the chagrin of Gardner - who is kept around as Hal's second to keep an eye on him.

A group of GLs go to Korugar, only to find that Sinestro, Henshaw and most of the Manhunters are gone. After a brief skirmish, it becomes apparent that most of the force has found a new destination for a full-scale attack: Earth. Hal rushes ahead alone, saving Carol, Tom and his family from Manhunter attacks. Then you have a huge Manhunter VS Green Lantern Corps battle, POSSIBLY (undecided on this) ending up with Hank Henshaw destroying Coast City (though Carol, Tom and Hal's family would have been taken to a safe place earlier, and be out of harm's way). We then segue into Sinestro battling Gardner, Kilowog and Tomar Re all at the same time, while Hal fights Henshaw. Hal succeeds in defeating Henshaw, but Sinestro outmatches his opponents, and kills Tomar Re. A furious (possibly grieving) Hal attacks Sinestro, and he too is beaten. But the death of Henshaw perhaps triggers the destruction of the Manhunters, and so Sinestro retreats.

In the aftermath, Carol leaves Hal - her father has died, either in the destruction of Coast City (if you do that) or in the midst of battle. Hal, meanwhile, once again quits the Corps, disillusioned and angry.

The film ends on Qward, where we see Sinestro has retreated to. He looks up at something, smiles. It is a new Central Power Battery. A yellow one. Thousands of rings then begin to depart from Qward, spreading out across the universe. We follow one, as it makes its way through the cosmos, entering Sector 674, descending into a savage, wild planet, and stopping in front of a huge, monstrous beast.

"Arkillo of Sector 674, you have the ability to instill great fear. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

Ideas for part 3 coming up later...

Pgreenlan.jpg

Near the End of the 2nd Film

I don't want to see Hal as Parallax in the films. It took us long enough to undo the damage done in the comics.

I agree. What they have going on right now in the comics took a **** load of hard work

I'd actually really like to see an animatrix style series of in-continuity animated adventures between the first and second films. They could flesh out what Hal's been up to since the last time we saw him and add to the foundations of Sinestros downfall.

Green Lantern is much more suited to this than Batman and he got one.

With changes made to the script, I honestly think we will see Sinestro's villain side in this film.... even if it's just for the end.

I doubt it. Modern superhero movies tend to use the arch-enemy in the second or third movie.

Green Lantern
Keep the script as is. Hal Jordan (Jensen Ackles) is a cocky and arrogant test pilot, who struggles with his life. His family and old friend Carol Ferris (Jordana Brewster) are all worried about him. But while this is all happening Hal discovers a green ring that grants him extraordinary powers and membership in an intergalactic police force

Green Lantern|Blackest Night​
After completing his training, Hal Jordan returns to Earth. The Guardians of the Universe assign Hal a partner: John Stewart (Columbus Short) and a back up Lantern: Guy Gardner (Sean William Scott). While all seems well in Hal's life, on Oa Sinestro (Hal's mentor) succumbs to evil. Using some of the remains of Legion, Sinestro creates yellow power rings to use to his own liking.
Meanwhile, Hal's girlfriend Carol Ferris is chosen by the Zamarons to be the Star Sapphire of Earth's sector. Carol hides this from Hal vowing never to tell him.
Hal, Stewart, and Gardner go after Sinestro. After a long battle, Sinestro travels to Earth, to lure Hal and to hide to figure out a plan.
Hal eventually runs into Star Sapphire and has a fight that spans past Coast City into a nearby island. After defeating Star Sapphire, Hal removes her mask and see that it is Carol behind the mask. Hal doesn't believe his eyes and flies away.
A short bit after the fight between Carol and Hal, Sinestro destroys Hal's hometown Coast City; killing thousands. Sinestro escapes, while Hal is grieving for the loss of Coast City. Hal in despair attempts to recreate Coast City with his ring. Hal breaks one of the core rules of the Lantern Corps by trying to use his power ring for personal gain and is summoned to Oa for trial. Hal goes insane at the Guardian's disregard for human lives,the loss of his childhood memories and even some of his friends, and the love of his life falling to evil.
Hal goes to Oa and destroys many Green Lanterns and even some of the Guardians. Going into the main power battery, Hal tries to absorb all of it's power. The power proves to much for him and Hal is thrown onto a distant planet. Stewart and Gardner arrive at Oa too late and see the damage. The remaining Guardian's announce that Hal has been a victim of an entity known as Parallax and that he must be destroyed. Stewart and Gardner except their duty as Hal wakes up and flies into space to wreak havoc.

Green Lantern Corps​
Stewart and John have relative success being the GLs of Earth's sector, but have no luck finding Parallax/Hal and also have trouble training a new human recruit named Kyle Rayner. Carol Ferris has reluctantly taken on her full duties of Star Sapphire and goes to be with the Star Sapphire Corps. Sinestro has made more yellow power rings and has gotten a group together named: The Sinestro Corps. Another group called the Red Lanterns emerge led by a creature called Atrocitus.
The Sinestro, Red Lantern, and Star Sapphire Corps all move in on the weakened Green Lantern Corps so that they can become the new dominate space force in the universe. The Guardians, seeing that a free for all space war is about to happen; tell Stewart, Gardner and Rayner to focus everything into finding Hal Jordan arrest him, turn him back into his former self, and help them with the war.
The climax is a huge free for all space battle between all of the Corps

Last edited:
Not bad! :up:

About Parallax, you alredy know what I think, so... :woot:

That's pretty well thought out, Blackman. But...there's a little too much going on in those sequels haha.

My idea for villains in a perfect world:

1: Hector Hammond and Manhunters
2: Sinestro and Hank Henshaw. JUST Hank Henshaw, not Cyborg Superman
3: Atroticus and the Sinestro Corps

Does anyone really actually want Legion? He's okay, but I'd rather have the Manhunters

I want both. Classic tchk-tchk Legion and the Manhunter in a sequel.

One thing I don't want? Coast City destroyed! :down

Henshaw's great. After Sinestro and maybe Hector Hammond, Henshaw is one of Hal Jordan's most compelling antagonists.
I agree. But he's too conected to Superman to be in a GL movie. They'd have to create a new origin for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"