Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind the cg if it was more detailed like clone wars. GL looks kinda like one of the cg shows from the 90s.

I don't mind it....considering Transformers Prime gets a pass for 90s looking CGI and this show can't?

90's Reboot and Beast wars have yet to be surpassed
step to me!

f*** a Beast Wars....I grow tired of the unsilent minority that slob the knob of that 6:30 am shlockfest

cry for the under appreciated series as if it makes you some sort of "better" Transformers fan

I admit I wasn't a Green Lantern fan and I didn't watch the live-action movie. I almost didn't want to watch the series premiere, but I did since it aired after Young Justice. Upon viewing, I'm glad I did watched it as it was action-packed space opera filled with character relationships. Flying in space fits Green Lantern way more than Superman and we get a fully-formed Hal Jordan instead of an origin, which both the movie and JL: New Frontier depicted. Instead of Sinestro, the Red Lanterns are the main enemies as they're led by Atrocitus, who has a goal to get revenge on the Guardians. It's a good setup and a great start to the full-fledged series that will not start until next year. They did the same thing with Young Justice.

I love this show already. Gets right into the action with great characters to keep me interested. The style of animation, the movement, it just reminds me of The Incredibles so much that it only helped. I may have to even give Clone Wars a legit shot now. This is how Green Lantern is done. I don't get at all how the movie is the only one to miss this compared to god knows how many animated interpretations that got it right (all of them).

This one is already a staple in the good ol' DVR. Love it.

I liked everything about it except the animation. That is always going to be a "yeah but" for me. Looks like clay.

I kinda liked the animation, the design seemed like a Bruce Timm cartoon coming to 3D, which it was. I like how the show is going but i the only think i don't really like is
Atrocitus design, i prefered the comics one.
And does anybody know if Sinestro is ever going to make an appearance?

f*** a Beast Wars....I grow tired of the unsilent minority that slob the knob of that 6:30 am shlockfest

cry for the under appreciated series as if it makes you some sort of "better" Transformers fan

Not sure about you but I watched it at prime time and then Saturday mornings. Moreover I wasn't comparing it to other Transformers cartoons but rather CG cartoons. Lastly, where in any of that do you see my trying to come off as some sort of "better" Transformers fan? You're inference stinks of years of spite in a world of opinion.

I've never claimed anything, seeing as how I've been a stringent defender of the live action movies from the jump. In fact it's every year around that time that I encounter the so called "better fans" that rally around bashing the films that aren't good enough for "ultimate fanhood" to appreciate.
Or am I wrong.

That being said, I don't care where Beast Wars stacks up compared to some 80's cartoon, I think Beast Was stands on it's own as a well made series in the medium.

let me stop.

Sucks, but it's true.

I think something needs to be done about the animation.

well it's the pilot. the production value always sucks in the pilot, unless it's an HBO show.

I don't think it's going to be all that different since this is an animated show we're dealing with.

It's not just the animation I have problems with, but just the general look of it all. It's kinda weird to compared to other CGI shows I've seen. Likely the glossy, plastic look of it all.

I thought the pilot was pretty good. Will be tuning in for the next episode.

one thing i loved was the look of oa, with the rings around it making it look somewhat like the green ring.

the other was was apparently about the footage. this one started when the show actually aired. so use this one.

Ya i dont see the production quality dropping unless they didnt have a good budget for the series on hold. But i havent heard anything about that. So i dont think that will be a issue.

the other was was apparently about the footage. this one started when the show actually aired. so use this one.
Fine then...
I said this in the official Green Lantern thread (and the other Green Lantern cartoon thread) but wow that was a boring opening. And did anyone else think the Red Lanterns were just all wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"