The Official Green Lantern Thread

If John has no backstory then this is the perfect chance to give him some. :p

Hey.. John's legit. Don't get me wrong. I like all Green Lanterns. I'm just a little whiney cause I want to see Hal before I turn 40. :D

:gl: :gl: :gl:

I was hoping for Hal also in the JL movie, and the way he was used in JL:The New Frontier was great, I dont have anything against stewart being in the films, but I would rather him been in like a cameo that they could expand on later, have hal meeting with the latern corp and it show him.

I thought that the point in having a JL movie first was so they could spinoff there lesser known characters from it, meaning if stewart is green latern in the film wouldnt the solo green latern be his character if its a spinoff.

on a side note casting if they had went with Hal I think it should have been David Boreanaz.

As for the casting of John I am not familiar with common at all, and think they should have gotten someone like michael jai white to play him or possibly laurence fishburne

Common is perfect. Lawrence Fishburne would fit better with Martian Manhunter and Michael Jay White is alredy Gambol, from ''The Dark Knight''.

Prick? Comming from you, it's laugable to read this.

Overall, back to GL, John Stewart fits better with the League, but after Hal's movie in 2010, they can incorporat the lead that Hal and John use. For a period of time, John stays on Earth and Hal protects other planets. Then, they switch.

What are you talking about? Please. Read your own posts.

What is with the namecalling? Do I have to close this thread and hand out infractions?

Personally, I like Kyle Rayner!!! He could be played by actors of all sorts of races because he looks so general, but he's technically of Mexican and Irish descent.

I don't think fans should be worried too much but which lantern is picked for this movie. The movie seems to use the characters generally to tell a story. They're not out to say, this is Green Lantern. Let's worry about specificity in regards to solo projects.

And even then, movies aren't canon. I like all these movie changes that aren't sequels. Although it is nice when a good thing happens like Batman Begins. Having different actors, different directors telling different stories is a good thing. It's how comics do it. There is no definitive.

Hal is the definitive GL.

And as long as they GAURANTEE that he gets to be the main GL in the GL movie, than I could give a damn about who's the GL in JLA.

John has zero backstory.

He was a marine. He was an engineer. Hal gave him the ring.

That's it!

Hal has a rich history.

Emerald Dawn
Emerald Twilight
Rebirth

Oh and I forgot his history with Green Arrow and his family.

Stop being a John apologist.

:gl: :gl: :gl:

Hollywood isn't going to turn Jordan into Parallax any time soon.

Not in his first movie anyway.

Personally, I like Kyle Rayner!!! He could be played by actors of all sorts of races because he looks so general, but he's technically of Mexican and Irish descent.

I don't think fans should be worried too much but which lantern is picked for this movie. The movie seems to use the characters generally to tell a story. They're not out to say, this is Green Lantern. Let's worry about specificity in regards to solo projects.

And even then, movies aren't canon. I like all these movie changes that aren't sequels. Although it is nice when a good thing happens like Batman Begins. Having different actors, different directors telling different stories is a good thing. It's how comics do it. There is no definitive.

Fans want their favorite GL since they won't see them again if a GL or JL movie fails.

Hollywood can't tell the difference between Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan. They just see "Green Lantern". One failing means they'll give up completely on the property.

It's the same with all the super-hero adaptions. :(

The only franchises they have any faith is Batman and Superman. The rest is desposable crap to them. Of course this means they'll put less talented people on the adaptions making it that much easier for them to fail.

That's why JL is such a risk. If it fails WB will write off every character in the roster from ever getting a solo movie and be more skeptical about adapting any other DC super-hero franchise.

Naturally this doesn't effect Batman and Superman because they're proven to work in numerous movies. What WB fails to realize is that the same could be said for any super-hero adaption.

For people whose day job is in the entertainment business they sure don't have much creative vision when it comes to anything that doesn't have to do with Superman or Batman.

Heres a pic of Common at a concert he just performed in Australia...

OH MY!! RAPPER COMMON GETS IT POPPIN ON STAGE WITH AN AUSTRALIAN FAN!!!

1205759654commonfinger1.jpg

http://www.mediatakeout.com/22290/o...t_poppin_on_stage_with_an_australian_fan.html

I Only see a red ''X''.

But i went to the Link and yeah, he is pretty much John Stewart. And the australian Fan is some Eye-Candy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"