Greetings RPGers!

Matt

IKYN Guy Groupie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Its Matt. The newest Super Mod of the Hype. I'm not down here to get involved with the RPG forum (as I do not know a damn thing about it and my moderating it would be like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, besides, you guys already have a great mod in the form of Master Bruce). I am just better acquainting myself with parts of the Hype I do not know much about and trying to look at some of the sections I don't regularly frequent. I just thought I'd say hi to all the Hypesters who do not frequent Community/Superman/JLA/Misc Film/ or Misc TV.

Also, in the interest of becoming better acquainted with the Hype, I have few questions...

What do you guys do? How do you play? Is it easy? Can anyone join?

Thanks
---Matt :yay:

P.S. Bruce, if this is off topic feel free to delete it. I just noticed this was general discussion and was kinda curious about all the Hypsters down here I don't know.

P.P.S. I just noticed you guys have a rule thread stickied. But it seems long, and I don't really understand a lot of it, so can someone please give me the lamens, Reader's Digest version?

Good to have you hear, Matt! Glad to see you're interested in the "Hy[e Basement" The RPGs are real easy to play. All one needs to do is go to an OOC thread and fill out an application. Say, for example this one from the DC RPG

App said:
DC RPG Season VI Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

The games work like a intertwined story. Players work together and interact.

Here's an example of a general post..

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11433978&postcount=1303

With your's truly as GA.

Good to have you hear, Matt! Glad to see you're interested in the "Hy[e Basement" The RPGs are real easy to play. All one needs to do is go to an OOC thread and fill out an application. Say, for example this one from the DC RPG

The games work like a intertwined story. Players work together and interact.

Here's an example of a general post..

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11433978&postcount=1303

With your's truly as GA.

Ah, I see. So it is essentially interactive story writing? Sounds fun. Perhaps I will join a game in the future (probably after the holidays if I do). Right now I am just sorta curious about it all.

Thanks Byrd Man, love the avatar btw. HRG for life :woot:

Ah, I see. So it is essentially interactive story writing? Sounds fun. Perhaps I will join a game in the future (probably after the holidays if I do). Right now I am just sorta curious about it all.

Thanks Byrd Man, love the avatar btw. HRG for life :woot:

We'd love to have you in any RPG. Take a look. We've got DC, Marvel, Ult. DC, Heroes, Transformers, a Create-A-Hero RPG even a combined DC/Marvel One Universe and many others.

Wow, I'm definitely going to look them over and consider joining. Ultimate DC sounds fun.

Dood! Welcome! And this is the place for this thread ^_^ so don't worry about that. *also if MB deleted it he'd have my whip to deal with* [crack] :o :cwink:

Also this thread might help a bit more...I'm still editing it to reflect MB's Modhood but it has most of the premises and stuffs in it.

Did you Bring Your Towel?

RPGing in a nutshell: We play and write stories about characters (established character, created or otherwise) in different universes that the games are based off of after filling out an application and being accepted. You can sometimes play more than one. Usually 3 is the most you're allowed. We know have a Role-Playing League too now similar to DTL. You should really get into RPing. It's really fun and filled with great people. Some are a-holes, but you love to hate em' *looks at Byrd*, but great people nonetheless.

But..I thought my thread was comprehensible..*sad*

*nudges Blacklight*
Are you sure you aren't mistaking Byrd for Asteroid-Man? o_O :p ;)

I see, thanks for the info guys. I may very well get involved following the holidays :up:

But..I thought my thread was comprehensible..*sad*

*nudges Blacklight*
Are you sure you aren't mistaking Byrd for Asteroid-Man? o_O :p ;)
No. Asteroid-Man's an a**hole. Byrd's an a**hole we like.:):up:

and the 'we like' part makes all the difference ;)

I don't think Asteroid man is a real poster, I think he's some very bad comedian.

Now boys..be nice..:o

Please be respectful towards each other. No snappy, slurring, flaming, impatient, cruel, mean or otherwise 'un-nice' comments too each other. Yes, this is an internet forum where you can slur people as much as you want and they can't find you! However, this is a 'community' what you say to someone is not easily forgotten and you'll probably be around that person for day's, weeks, months and years too come as well as having too play with them.

*cough*
I did *nothing* wrong. :cwink:

Matt's joining the RPG's?

Might I suggest joining Heroes, since I see you around their forums? :ninja:

*gaspy*

Is that RPG still even active?

*really must go and weed out the RPGs a bit*

*gaspy*

Is that RPG still even active?

*really must go and weed out the RPGs a bit*
We just resurrected it a week ago...along with Dawn of Marvels and the Movie RPG. The Era of RPG Zombies is upon us!

But seriously, the Heroes RPG has a strong roster now...and with the writer's strike, we've got a perfect continuity jump-off point.

We need MB to post that Dead list! :cmad: We've needed it for months so we can see which ones are active/inactive.

I try to look tough by making fun of some guy who hasn't found this thread yet
Oh wow... I never knew you felt that way. Well at least you're being honest big guy!
My new sig!
But really... I wouldn't want to make my posts look like crap with your name following every post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"