The Player Famine.

JinnSato

Sidekick
Reaction score
Me (And many other players) Have noticed that there has been a shortage of players in many of the RPGs. Some people think that we need less RPGs to fix this. I don't What I propose is to actually go out and convince people to play. No not on Hype. But in the real world. Ask people you know will post. Get them interested. Get them playing. Do whatever it takes to save the RPGs.

Who's with me??

I just think the RPG's are going through a rough spot all together. It really pisses me off when people blame it on the amount of RPG's we have. That isn't the case. If people wanted to join a particular RPG then they would and that is what they were doing. The interest in the Marvel or DC RPG is down because people want to play other scenarios. By limiting the number of RPG's people can choose from (I'm not saying this is what happening, although I do see a situation like this budding) does not solve the problem.

The only real problem with the sheer number of RPGs is that is stretches thin the amount of time a player will spend on any one game. But that shouldn't really be much of an issue if the player is really dedicated.

Anyway, I really don't have an answer one way or another on how to get more players to join. I'll do what I can to sign up some of my friends, but can't really promise much.

Me (And many other players) Have noticed that there has been a shortage of players in many of the RPGs. Some people think that we need less RPGs to fix this. I don't What I propose is to actually go out and convince people to play. No not on Hype. But in the real world. Ask people you know will post. Get them interested. Get them playing. Do whatever it takes to save the RPGs.

Who's with me??

That WOULD work if people weren't such ***** to the newbies and didn't scare them off. Also, why can't we have an RPG based on OTHER comic book companies instead of just DC and Marvel?

That WOULD work if people weren't such ***** to the newbies and didn't scare them off. Also, why can't we have an RPG based on OTHER comic book companies instead of just DC and Marvel?
Make one? :huh:

We can't? :confused:
I was told that it would not be a good idea to make one since most people are not familiar with other comic book companies. If I had someone with relative fame and respect to help me make one, I probably would.

I was told that it would not be a good idea to make one since most people are not familiar with other comic book companies. If I had someone with relative fame and respect to help me make one, I probably would.

Meh, if it's well thought out and organized you don't need some one with "fame and respect" to help.

The only real hurdle to overcome is to figure out a way to intertwine all these Indie characters into one single universe. Given some comics, that would be damn difficult to do too.

Meh, if it's well thought out and organized you don't need some one with "fame and respect" to help.

The only real hurdle to overcome is to figure out a way to intertwine all these Indie characters into one single universe. Given some comics, that would be damn difficult to do too.
Actually, Jinn and I were going to create an RPG where you could play as ANY comic book character. Sorta like the movie and video-game RPGs.

That WOULD work if people weren't such ***** to the newbies and didn't scare them off.

Sorry, my fault. :csad:

I'll remember to put my make-up on before I come here in the morning...:csad: :csad:

Have you ever even seen her with(out) make-up?

It's nice to be nice. But saying someone looks 'good' without knowing what they look like is pretty extreme.

Well, suggesting that me wearing make-up when I come here in the morning would make a difference is pretty extreme too. o_O

So..maybe he was playing along...

I got my friend to get an account just for some of the RPG's here. So no its your turn...people

Who's with me??

That is a good idea, although I do not think it could help solve anything. Enhance the RPG community a tad bit? Sure. I recall SuperFerret, in the Pokémon RPG, mentioning to ask his brother if he wanted to join in but other than I have not seen others make such actions.

I for one? Cannot really contribute. Although my brother does view these forums, the RPGs are not his cup of tea. And when it comes to my circle o' friends? I'm the only comic fan. But again, good idea to help a bit.

That WOULD work if people weren't such ***** to the newbies and didn't scare them off.

I do not recall any crucifying taking place within these RPG boards. I do not know if it has been occurring in the newer RPGs, but what incidences are you referring to? There have been quarrels and such with some people I guess one would classify as "newbie", but none that come to mind are anything that stops them from joining or scaring them off after they join up.

I think that the RPG's have taken a turn for the worse in terms of popularity but, it's slowly rising back up with the new RPG's coming around.

It's simple. We just have too many.

I dont think it is that we have to many, we just dont have enough who appell to a mass of people, or maybe some people have accounts on the hype who have never RPGed, and they may love it, we just got to start encouraging it more...

We don't have too many.

The quantity of the RPG's has no affect on how much people play. Before this huge boom, the rate of play was starting to decrease anyway. People lost interest in the bigger RPG's and wanted to branch off. They did but the interest still didn't rise.

I agree I have recently bought an RPG game from a friend and am having trouble attracting new users, also got a lot of major annoying users.

There's also the possibility to not encompass all Independent characters, but for example, an RPG could be made that just concerns Image Comics' superhero line, which has Savage Dragon, Invincible, and Astounding Wolf-Man in it (I don't think that Spawn's a part of their official superhero line, though).

There's also the possibility to not encompass all Independent characters, but for example, an RPG could be made that just concerns Image Comics' superhero line, which has Savage Dragon, Invincible, and Astounding Wolf-Man in it (I don't think that Spawn's a part of their official superhero line, though).
Spawn is officially Image property as well as Todd MacFarlane's property. Why can't we just let the Indy comics characters into One Universe in maybe Season 4 or 5? Or just an RPG for Indy comics? I really want to play Spawn.

Well me and Obi-John have come up with a good idea to play as any comic character. I won't say much. But we have a great idea so that everything will fit into the same universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"