Grim Fandango

The Avatar

Sidekick
Reaction score
One of my biggest gaming regrets was never playing Grim Fandango.

For those who have played, is it worth getting now that it's about 10 years old? Has it aged well?

I'm considering buying from Amazon. Should I go for it, or do you think it is too late?

It's too bad they can't just host this on "TheUnderdogs" so it could just be swiped as freeware. Oh well. Stores still supplying it isn't such a bad thing, even if it's only online outlets.

Yeah. As long as there are kids out there who can get their Fandango fix, life is swell. Though their inability to put such a great game on Steam is mindblowing.

One of my biggest gaming regrets was never playing Grim Fandango.

For those who have played, is it worth getting now that it's about 10 years old? Has it aged well?

I'm considering buying from Amazon. Should I go for it, or do you think it is too late?

Buy it, play it, and then slap yourself for not playing sooner. :yay:

While we're at it, I suggest you all to try another Tim Schafer classic: Psychonauts. It's as good and awesome as any other Schafer masterpiece.

While more of an adventure than puzzle game, "The Longest Journey" is also an old gem worth trying out.
Good one. Also, let's not forget about it's sequel Dreamfall with it's superb non-linear story.

Grim Fandango rocks...not sure whether its as good as Curse of Monkey Island though

Man, I loved LucasArts adventure games. It was my favorite genre of game. I wish it hadn't died out.

I hope Grim Fandango or Monkey Island get a revamp in a similar way to Sam and Max

There are still a few decent adventure games out, more recently Dracula: Origin got pretty good reviews.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/897/897803.html

There are alot of great pc games overlooked.
Recently terrific games S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl and Company Of Heroes in comparison to console games, went right under the radar.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is more of a first person shooter and Company Of Heroes is considered a real-time strategy game. They're not really in the same vein as point n' click adventure games. I'm looking forward to playing Dracula though.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is more of a first person shooter and Company Of Heroes is considered a real-time strategy game. They're not really in the same vein as point n' click adventure games. I'm looking forward to playing Dracula though.

I was generalizing...obviously they are not point and click. The point in the post was, many great games that are less mainstream, are overlooked, adventure especially, in recent years though, it has been slowly making a resurgence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"