Growing Up In Todays World

i just HAD to vote for the Cartoon Network having anime.
sure it was super fantastic when they started out with just Space Ghost Coast to Coast, but they've come a long way baby!
now, even though i spend every night alone, at work, with no social life, i have the same ol characters to keep me company.
at least I wont die alone.:o

See, I never watched TV when I was a kid. I was too busy fighting with my cousins and getting into trouble.

I wouldn't mind all that much being born a few decades ago though- people always tell me I should have around for the femminist revolutions, or grown up in the 80s.

Kyalesyin said:
though- people always tell me I should have around for the femminist revolutions, or grown up in the 80s.
well then, you really missed out.
the 80's were the bomb. you got to dress in the most ridiculous outfits and that just made you even cooler!:up:

The 90's were so cool (I was little though), shows like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Ren & Stimpy, Johnny Bravo, Kablam, Freakazoid, and the list could go on forever...

Gotendbz-2 said:
The 90's were so cool (I was little though), shows like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Ren & Stimpy, Johnny Bravo, Kablam, Freakazoid, and the list could go on forever...
i agree as well.
i don't really think it matters WHAT decade you grew up in.
there were ALWAYS cool cartoons.
i STILL watch them allll the time even though i keep being told "don't you think you should start acting your age?"
and to that i just say "ROCKOS MODERN LIFE! ROCKOS MODERN LIFE!!" and dance a little jig.

heypapajinx said:
i agree as well.
i don't really think it matters WHAT decade you grew up in.
there were ALWAYS cool cartoons.
i STILL watch them allll the time even though i keep being told "don't you think you should start acting your age?"
and to that i just say "ROCKOS MODERN LIFE! ROCKOS MODERN LIFE!!" and dance a little jig.

Yes, Rocko Rocked.

I would have LOVED to grow up in the 80s. It just seemed so awesome:up:

emo music and myspace shall be the downfall of the planet.

I grew up on the 80's TV shows, movies and music.

I was lucky enough to see Ghostbusters on the bigscreen and still remember the experience to this day. Great stuff from the 80's! (It's why I loved GTA:VC so much!)

saluteyourshorts2ng4.jpg

"Camp anawana! we hold you in our hearts":((sp? I know I'm way off)

Spider-Bite said:
Are you saying you aren't old enough now? I'm sure you meant so you could be a teenager when it was popular, so that way you could have liked it at the same time everybody else liked it, but then chances are you would have appreciated it less.

Because a big part of you would have been trying to fit in rather than soak up the music for what it's worth.
When Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament, Forbidden, Heathen, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Artillery, Kreator, Sodom, Destroyer, and Over Kill were starting out and releasing albums that are considered gems in the metal world- I was in Kindergarten.

When I was a teenager and first began listening to metal, grunge and alternative were what everyone was listening to. I was busy thrashing and headbanging.

I've never been part of what's considered "mainstream", "in" or whatever the latest fad is. The only band I like from the 80s that was considered mainstream or pop is The Police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"