Guardians of the Galaxy Casting Thread

I like Edgerton but his facial features are a bit too soft. Can't really see him as Drax.

Too soft? I think he's a tad... harsh looking, to put it nicely.

Nah Thor was always a pretty boy. Softer facial features suit him just fine :oldrazz:

Could be a bunch of guys we've never heard of or aren't suggesting.

There aren't a lot of brilliant big muscular actors. At the same time you don't need to be a brilliant actor play Drax. This isn't going to be THE GODFATHERS OF THE GALAXY.

Neither Vin or The Rock are going to take roles where they're not The Main Guy.

Not really interested in either in the role (especially the terrible Diesel), but The Rock has taken roles where he isn't the main guy. Fast Five, for example.

The Rock would sell his soul to be in a movie like this. Thankfully, it will never happen.

For the millionth time, this isnt how Marvel casts their movies. See my previous posts for clarity on this. Facial features and tallness will have NOTHING to do with the casting of GotG. The suggestions in here are the most generic beefcake/tough guy/hotties lists possible.

Last edited:
The thing is though, this is easily Marvel's hardest sell so far, so they will need SOME recognisable names in the cast, Diesel and possibly someone else pretty famous would fulfill that.

Marvel may have to actually think inside the box on this one for once.

The Rock would sell his soul to be in a movie like this. Thankfully, it will never happen.

For the millionth time, this isnt how Marvel casts their movies. See my previous posts for clarity on this.
You should post it again. Still wouldn't make it accurate.

For the millionth time, this isnt how Marvel casts their movies. See my previous posts for clarity on this. Facial features and tallness will have NOTHING to do with the casting of GotG. The suggestions in here are the most generic beefcake/tough guy/hotties lists possible.

Then suggest someone who isn't a generic beefcake/tough guy/hotty to play a generic beefcake/tough guy/...not including hotty on that one. Not sure where you're getting that one from. I love Drax but his emotional depth is probably just above Groot's. That's part of what makes him awesome. The guy belongs in a sequel to Predator.

I've been reading my Guardians comics again and you know who I wish wasn't already a part of the MCU? Sam Rockwell. He would make a phenomenal Star-Lord. I'd actually overlook his role as Justin Hammer if they cast him.

Exactly... they've never had an aging beefcake/tough guy role to cast before, so they've never cast an aging beefcake/tough guy.

Repeating the same exact point about how many Oscar winners they've cast in their films ad nauseam has no relevance to the Drax role. And is turning this into a "cast Drax" thread, instead of a "cast the Guardians" thread.

They had no problem handing one of the biggest roles they had to Chris Evans, whose resume wasn't exactly stronger than the Rock's is

Yeah, anyone saying that the Rock wouldn't sign onto en ensemble movie hasn't paid much attention to his resume as of late. Fast Five, Journey 2 and the upcoming GI Joe 2 are all ensemble films. He'd probably sign onto this if they offered it to him, unless he is already doing Lobo. Though I hope not, because I've always found Lobo to be a stupid character and I think a film about him would be a bomb.

I doubt Lobo will happen. Just one of those movies they talk about and never do

Okay off the top of my hea and ill limit it to recognizable people: ryan gosling star lord, rosario dawson gamorra, mekhi phipher drax, thanos depends on whether they go full or partial cgi.

Screen testing will be key. Theyre not gonna offer anyone the role simply based on name or typecasting.

thanos depends on if they use the guy from avengers or not.

Paula Patton - Gamora

tumblr_m5tv91ybeP1rxxk3ro1_400.jpg

Kevin Durand - Drax

Kevin_Durand.jpg

and as Thanos - Arnold Schwarzenegger!

ArnoldSchwarzeneggerqci9OgPMI9cm.jpg

Oh God, no! Thanos will need a great voice to sell the character. Arnold Schwarzenegger is NOT that.

You guys need to get outside the bubble of the IT actors.

Just like stop thinking every movie needs to be directed by James Cameron, Peter Jackson, or Ridley Scott.

You guys need to get outside the bubble of the IT actors.

Just like stop thinking every movie needs to be directed by James Cameron, Peter Jackson, or Ridley Scott.

I know, right? :whatever:
It's Spielberg or nothin'.

I like olyphant for star lord
Joe Pesci to voice rr
Michael Clark Duncan for drax
John rys Davis to voice griot (as an homage to tree beard in lotr)
Rhona mitra for gamora
And Kiefer Sutherland for Adam warlock

Can we move this thread into it own forum now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"