Guild Wars 2

The Guild Wars 2 trailer is now live.

www.guildwars2.com

I was viewing a live stream and a couple of comments I could make out were:

1.) That's the game engine in play. What you see is how it looks in the game.

2.) Yes, that's a firearm. All the races have access to firearms.

3.) There is a great range of three dimensional movement. Players will be ducking their characters under water to combat subsurface foes.

Good stuff, definite purchase.
It's great to see Jeremy Soule is doing the soundtrack again.

Very nice art direction like the previous games.

28tjdpv.jpg

16i5opj.jpg

10fajnk.jpg

29564ua.jpg

10wl4e9.jpg

rj15ow.jpg

r9pt20.jpg

Last edited:
Def getting it. Loved the first game. Better than WoW imo

I'm not interested in the game but when i saw the art and ingame art designs i was like: WoW! Amazing!

So i just found out that Guild Wars 1 and 2 are MMOs withouth subscriptions, but whats the catch here? Is there any? :D

The official site has been Updated with race lore. So yeah i'm actually quite intriqued, but can someone tell what makes it different than WoW/WAR with the lack of subscription? Also it is PvP enthuastic rather then PvE? Or well in this case Guild vs. Guild. :)

It's both PVE and PVP. I don't know the difference between WOW because I don't play WOW.

So i just found out that Guild Wars 1 and 2 are MMOs withouth subscriptions, but whats the catch here? Is there any? :D

The official site has been Updated with race lore. So yeah i'm actually quite intriqued, but can someone tell what makes it different than WoW/WAR with the lack of subscription? Also it is PvP enthuastic rather then PvE? Or well in this case Guild vs. Guild. :)

The first game uses" instances", in the outside world, there are no other players, just you are your party. There are instance hubs, which there are many players, they sort of act like the village in Diablo but grander. Unlike typical MMO's the game is story driven with a middle, begining and end using cut-scenes, missions and what-not like a single player game. The max level is 20 with the game focusing on what skills you have chosen (8 at a time, 4 from a main class, 4 for a secondry) than your X level and (epic gear). It sort of plays like a cross between Diablo and Baldurs Gate. You can use AI bots and command them and what not.

Sounds interesting.

How is the PvP?

Never really got into it.
Those were also instanced arena like maps, similar to something like Quake 3/TF2 than huge battleground area's.

Too bad its pushed back to 2011.... was looking forward to it this year... :(

Did the Char move that cat-like in the first Guild Wars? I don't remember.

They lurch along on their stocky little legs in Guild Wars. Having them bound on all fours is a GW2 thing.

Yay...! At least this game is moving forward...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"