• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Halcyon's new art thread

Good call. I realize the background is probably a wee bit to dark, so there is less contrast. I may change it to more of a "dusk" look, add in some reds in order to bring the contrast between foreground and background a little higher.
As far as the word ballons go I think you also have a good point. I will admit to rushing them in and may try something simpler.
Thanks Mrh. Good critique.

So maybe you remember the black and white picture from the other page... well I have updated the colors over the weekend and am posting the flats.

detectiveforwebnh8.jpg
[/IMG]

Unfortunatly my wacom tablet is getting a new cord on it this week so I am not doing any coloring until I get it back. So I may not have much to update till next week.
C+C always welcome, I hope you guys like some of these original characters.

Minor update. Got this done before I had to send my tablet off. I just called Wacom and they said my tablet is going to be back today or tomorrow so I am really excited to finish this and touch up the last halcyon pic.
All C+C are welcome as usual!
detectivefullcolor01hn5.jpg
[/IMG]

My site: web.mac.com/halcyonseven

Okay changed some of the details on this, particularly the background. Hopefully the color change will make it easier to differentiate the background from the foreground. I also simplified the text.
Any thoughts? Is this better? Do people prefer the other version?
I may just redo the background entirely, I still don't feel satisfied with it.
theoriginalredtq0.jpg
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"