Halo 3 plot points revealed?

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
This was in a latest issue of an x box magazine that I just picked up, so sorry if its been brought up before.

It seems they have found potential plot points of halo 3 by comparing some points of Halo to the bible (yes, you read that right).

Theres two arks in the bible; Noah's ark, and the ark of the covenent.
what the magazine suggests is that the ark on earth is based on noahs, which of course protected noah from the flood (obviously assuming that the flood are coming to earth) and they suggest that the ark of the covenent is actually on high charity.

Im not sure how much of this will be accurate, but it seems to be too much of a coincidence to be untrue, but untill the game hits, who knows? the flood on earth would be pretty cool though.

Those "plot points" have been pretty much common knowledge since Halo 2 came out.

Phaser said:
Those "plot points" have been pretty much common knowledge since Halo 2 came out.

I really should read the bible more...or at all, actually :p

cool, thanks for posting anymore info

:up:

I've heard Halo being compared to the Bible before. That's a good theory. I dont undestand how the Ark of th Covenant ties in though.

I assume the Forerunner used it once and killed everything, but somehow maybe Earth is protected (because they would die if they set of the Halos). They than come out and become humans on Earth because they are stranded...

Im assuming so, since the ark isn't a human structure.....im guessing its like doom 3, where a previous civilisation had to use the rings (maybe the forerunners) to wipe out all trace of life because the flood had washed over the universe and figured it was better to end it by choic than let the flood consume all.

So you don't think that humans are Forerunner thann...

It has hinted at that all through out the game.

Play the first Halo again and listen to 616 Gulity Spark. He goes on and on about you being the "reclaimer" and that the Master Chief's "predecessors" had to set them off before. I believe all that is said in the Library.

boywonder13 said:
So you don't think that humans are Forerunner thann...

Could be but I assumed the forerunners were extinct.

Most of them were I think, I can't remember too well, haven't read anything but *****ing about the ending and multiplayer when it comes to Halo in months. Meh. All I know is there's a lot of symbolism when looking at lots of stuff and comparing. So. That's awesome.

Halo has a plot?

Just kidding. But Halo 2 was more of a political debate than an actual story. :O

Calling Halo 2 a political debate is giving the narative too much credit. :O

Either you haven't been online, or I haven't, but we haven't talked about me in a long time, but how did you like the Superman movie?

Little bit of column A little bit column B. We should probably talk in the stupid off topic discussion thread.

Well in that case I should say that Halo 2 actually had a pretty good story. There were just too many new things introduced that we really didn't want. I don't think the Gravemind should have been introduced in the way he was, if at all, and I don't think we really needed to know about a Covenant civil war from the Covenant's side because you always shoot them as MasterChief anyways, and because nobody liked playing as the Arbiter.

All that aside, I wish the story was a little more basic, a la Halo 1, but if they can plug everything properly into Halo 3 it should make for a great game. (Please be 30 hours!)

yah I shot my way through Halo 2 really fast!!

Hopefully Halo 3 will combine elements from Halo 1 and 2 and add new elements also.

I'm ****zing over real-time visor reflections and stuff. Battle damage on armor is a plus too. Sweet.

I'd be nice if this game was a bit more complicated, and actually required thinking and strategizing to continue on. Halo and Halo 2 were ridiculously easy. Most of the time you could just plow through without much effort. Not much thinking was involved. I want the AI for the enemies to be the best it can be. I want these ****ers to put up a good fight.

Oh, and I can't wait for the ****ing multiplayer. Hopefully we have a ****load of color/icon choices this time. I want black and dark blue as options at least.

Boom said:
I'd be nice if this game was a bit more complicated, and actually required thinking and strategizing to continue on. Halo and Halo 2 were ridiculously easy. Most of the time you could just plow through without much effort. Not much thinking was involved. I want the AI for the enemies to be the best it can be. I want these ****ers to put up a good fight.

Just play the game on Legendary difficulty then. The whole run-n-gun gameplay that requires you to simply go trigger happy on the Covenant suddenly becomes a tense cat-and-mouse affair. Your shields go down ridiculously quick thereby forcing you to take cover a lot more often and use grenades as flushing devices to force your enemies out of theirs. Almost totally changes the game.

Phaser said:
Just play the game on Legendary difficulty then. The whole run-n-gun gameplay that requires you to simply go trigger happy on the Covenant suddenly becomes a tense cat-and-mouse affair. Your shields go down ridiculously quick thereby forcing you to take cover a lot more often and use grenades as flushing devices to force your enemies out of theirs. Almost totally changes the game.
But I'm a ***** when it comes to Legendary :(.

Halo games on Legendary make it Call of Duty 2 intense.

I think Hero is good enough for me. I usually don't last on Legendary, even with all of my Deus Ex/Thief/SplinterCell/Riddick stealth training. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"