Happy Gilmore 2 possibly in the works

NewYorkSpider

EndGame
Reaction score
Shooter McGavin actor Christopher McDonald says a Happy Gilmore 2 script is in the works.

McDonald spoke about the surprise sequel news during an interview on Audacy’s 92.3 (via Deadline). He says that original star, Adam Sandler, showed him a draft of the script recently.

“I saw Adam about two weeks ago, and he says to me, ‘McDonald, you’re gonna love this,'” he said. “I said, ‘What?’ He says, ‘How about that,’ and he shows me the first draft of Happy Gilmore 2.”

Happy Gilmore 2

Happy Gilmore is my favorite Adam Sandler movie. That being said, I can only see this being awful. But, if you can actually make a movie even half as good as the 1st one, it will at least be mildly entertaining. But no Bob Barker or Carl Weathers really hurts.

I'm not the biggest fan of Adam Sandler; his sense of humor just isn't to my liking. But aside from the language, I liked most of "Happy Gilmore". A sequel could be interesting - time will tell.

The fact that this is Netflix (I know Sandler sold his soul to Netflix) doesn’t give me much hope.

Also, the last funny Adam Sandler comedy might be… Click?

I hope for the best though. Happy Gilmore is great, and by all accounts, Sandler is a super nice guy.

Out of all of Adam Sandler's movies, Happy Gilmore is the one that's probably the least farfetched to do a sequel to. It's just lame that this is coming right after the death of Carl Weathers.

Thankfully we still have Chubb’s cameo in Litlte Nicky.

e0918eb3-0449-4c49-b1d0-37d52e6bb580_screenshot.jpg

Out of all of Adam Sandler's movies, Happy Gilmore is the one that's probably the least farfetched to do a sequel to. It's just lame that this is coming right after the death of Carl Weathers.
Well, his character in the first one died anyway...so I'm not really bothered by that.

Well, his character in the first one died anyway...so I'm not really bothered by that.
He did, but since Chubbs was one of the best characters they surely would have had some beyond the grave appearances from him had Weathers not passed.

Can't have a sequel without Carl but the sequel supposed to be a rematch between Happy and Shooter

Thankfully we still have Chubb’s cameo in Litlte Nicky.

e0918eb3-0449-4c49-b1d0-37d52e6bb580_screenshot.jpg

I haven't watched Little Nicky in years, so I completely forgotten this and Reese Witherspoon.
It's funny how that movie was regarded as Sandler's worst for a good while and in the 20+ years since he's done so much garbage like Jack and Jill and The Ridiculous 6 that Little Nicky actually looks better in retrospect.

Dumb & Dumber To is proof that this should NOT happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"