Harry's Mother?

Discussion in 'Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3' started by NewGoblinHarry, Nov 14, 2007.

1. NewGoblinHarry Registered

Hey, I was wondering... You know that portrait that is often seen in the background behind Harry at the Mansion. The one hanging in the Great Room, up until Spider-Man 3, when a picture of Norman goes up to replace it?

Well, it seems to make sense that it would be Harry's mother, Emily Osborn. Norman thought *very* highly of her when she was alive (in comic-lore) and would logically have a picture of her hanging in a prominent place in the Osborn Mansion.

So, does anybody have any idea if they made the person up or if an actress actually provided the visual for her? If it was an actress, I would like to know who it was.

It was a random curiosity that came up and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks!
    - NewGoblinHarry

2. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

It's not mentioned on any of the special features on the DVD. I guess it's just left up to the viewer's imagination.

3. NewYorkSpider EndGame

If you look closely on the desk in the Osborn mansion in SM3, you can see the same picture in a frame on Harry's desk. If I remember right, it's at the part where Harry is coming back after he and MJ kiss.

4. Is she dead?
    or were they just divorced?

5. Drizzle Yesferatu

She's dead. At least, according to the comics and the way Norman mentioned her in the past tense in the first film. "Your mother was beautiful, too."

6. Oh, Okay, How'd she die?

7. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I believe she became ill and died.

8. WalterKovacs Registered

Norman Killed her

9. Drizzle Yesferatu

In the Ultimate universe, yes, after he became the Goblin. However, in the 616 universe, she died of an illness.

10. Asteroid-Man Registered

Can someone post a picture?

11. Spiderine Sho nuff

She must have did something to upset Norman. He didn't speak to highly of her when he went off about MJ.