Has Batman ever killed anybody in the comics?

Malone

Civilian
Reaction score
In the comics, has Batman ever killed anybody in any way, shape, or form (on purpose, on accident)? Or has he ever been, or felt, responsible for somebody's death? :batman:

In his very first apperance he killed a man on purpose. He also cared a gun for awhile.

He knocked this guy into a vat of acid!

fittingend.jpg

There's also an issue (don't have a scan, sorry) where this crook sticks his head out of his apartment window, only to have his neck snapped by a kick from Bats as he swings by.

Hardcore.

Are all of those killings still in continuity?

I don't know. My knowage of anything DC lower than the 80s is pretty vague. But I don't think so anymore.

Unlikely. The stuff I mentioned, along with his carrying a gun as deathshead2 mentioned, was waaaaaay back in the 40's or whenever.

It's still pretty funny, though.

his parents. i think ra's, even though he knew he would be revived.

Malone said:
Are all of those killings still in continuity?

I'm pretty sure that The Cult is still in continuity--nothing wrong with that one though, 'cause he was drugged and brainwashed at the time.

Fledermaus said:
Batman killed his parents?

In the sense that they could have been revived by the Lazarus Pit, which Ra's threatened to do at one point (I think Tower of Babel).

There was also The Monk and his assistant Dala. Both were killed by being shot with silver bullets, while resting in their coffins.

There's also an issue (don't have a scan, sorry) where this crook sticks his head out of his apartment window, only to have his neck snapped by a kick from Bats as he swings by.

batman_cossack.JPG

As I mentioned in another thread, Azbats allowed the villain Abbatoir to die near the end of Knightfall.

Like 1940. I can't seem to recall the exact issue number...

i dont think he's ever killed anybody in a story thats in continuity.

^^^Nope, he has not. Not in current continuity.^^^

Most of those examples listed are of Pre-Crisis Batman, there is also an issue of Batman in the 80's when he was bitten by the vampire monk and Batman in return had bitten and killed some crook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"