Has Batman ever killed anybody in the comics?

Technically, Earth-2 Batman. :o

deathshead2 said:
He also cared a gun for awhile.
I've heard this before, but no-one's actually provided textual evidence or a citation. Aside from the gun on his bat-gyro, which you surely aren't referring to, when has he ever carried a gun? Or are you just basing this comment on hearsay?

there is a cover with batman with a holster strapped across his chest and a pistol in his hand.

Qoèlet said:
I've heard this before, but no-one's actually provided textual evidence or a citation. Aside from the gun on his bat-gyro, which you surely aren't referring to, when has he ever carried a gun? Or are you just basing this comment on hearsay?
Batman Year Two. :p

Apart from, maybe The Cult, (I haven't read it -- yet) Batman has killed no one in current con'.

Thats why I like Batman. The justice system now a days won't comit a murderer to death, thats why Batman is around!

Didn't he accidently knock a mugger in front of a train a few Detective Comics ago?

Yeah, he did.

But do accidental deaths count? Cause, I mean, they are accidental. :o

I dont think Batman ever does it on "accident"

Did you see that issue? If it wasn't an accident, it was pretty damn stupid. :o

Qoèlet said:

In the 1940's Batman did carrie a gun and killed a few people but those storys are no longer part of his history.Also in the late 80's or early 90's Batman teamed up with Joe Chill to stop a guy called the Reaper.Batman carried and used the gun that Chill killed his parants with but he did not kill anyone.The book was called Batman Year 2 and Todd McFarline did the art fore 3 of the issues.But I do not think that this story is part of his history anymore

Qoèlet said:

575.jpg

And from what I've heard, out-of-continuity.

Malone said:
In the comics, has Batman ever killed anybody in any way, shape, or form (on purpose, on accident)? Or has he ever been, or felt, responsible for somebody's death? :batman:
dosen't batman fell responsible for his parent's death.

Didn't he KINDA kill Hush??

I mean, he shoved Hush into a trap with the Joker....so would that count?

Plus.....he "accidentally" killed that dude in red. He kinda looked like the Preadator.....only all red, and it was this wierd mini-series where some old bag tried to take Bruce's company out from under him and she knew his mom.

It was kinda odd. But, he "accidentally" killed some dude there. And that mugger in DETECTIVE COMICS.

Seriously....."movie fans" would cry a ****ing river over **** like that. There'd be like 50 threads on the "Batman killed mugger like Afflack!!!"

Funny when you think about it.

Batman kind of kills by proxy in the JLa story arc syndicate rules by kurt busiek. A vast alien armada has come to destroy earth, but batman tricks them into going to earth 2 instead, where the syndicate is from, and that is in continuity.

Batman should go back to his roots and kill once in a while when the situations calls for it. He doesn't have to be as heartless as the Punisher, but a moral code similar to Batman Returns would be good.

batman_cossack.jpg

Snapped that mofo's neck. And in another comic, Batman squeezed a man's head in between his thighs.

Batman should go back to his roots and kill once in a while when the situations calls for it. He doesn't have to be as heartless as the Punisher, but a moral code similar to Batman Returns would be good.

Nah, that still seems too out of character. Anybody that has someone close to them that gets killed that ends up killing others basically is doing it for veageance, not because it's right.

Batman 'killed' The Joker in his first appearance, effectively monkey-flipping The Clown Prince of Crime into a chasm.

According to Leslie Thompson Batman also 'killed' Jason Todd and Spoiler

I was going through DKR looking for a picture and came across the scene with Joker where had his mind made up that he was finally going to end him, but then of course backs off...how many times has that happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"