Has the new Thing series been cancelled?

Hawkeye

Civilian
Reaction score
I didn't see the issue preview for the July issues, which shocked me considering I liked the series. Does anyone know for sure?

Look at the "Pull my THING... HARDER" thread on this very page.

Personally,I think it's the end of the line.I've been reading the book since #2 and it's been great.I just don't see a book in the #120s making its way back up the charts without replacing the creative team or the name/tone of the book in general.

Shame, I wanted to know what was next for Thing after the current arc ended.

It hasn't been cancelled yet. And I hope it isnt....but if it is I hope to got that Marvel doesn't let this efect thier thought on Slott.

Roughneck said:
It hasn't been cancelled yet. And I hope it isnt....but if it is I hope to got that Marvel doesn't let this efect thier thought on Slott.

Same here. I don't want the series to drop either. :(

I'm hoping we'll see a relaunch. It worked for She-Hulk

I'm hopinh we can get Slott on a better book.

Slott on Damage Control.

I know he wants too. he keeps sliding them into She hulk and The Thing.

I thought of another Team Book this morning that Slott would Rule on but I forgot.

well if it did it had a nice short run
of course i havent read the thing series

Roughneck said:
I'm hopinh we can get Slott on a better book.

Slott on Damage Control.

I know he wants too. he keeps sliding them into She hulk and The Thing.

I thought of another Team Book this morning that Slott would Rule on but I forgot.

I like Slott on Thing, he's great on it. But if I had to choose another book for him, it would probably be a Hawkeye or Luke Cage ongoing.
icon6.gif

Roughneck said:

Exiles. That's what it was. I think Dan Slott would Rule on Exiles. He could have his dream team without messing with Continiuity. Hawkeye, Two Gun, squirrel Girl and Destroyer.

With his love of contiunuity he could really bring the book back to what Winnick had it at in the beginning. Instead of plain messed up worlds we could see worlds that were like 616 until a certain point. Plus it used to have the nice comedy/action that Slott puts in all his books.

Imagine a world where Squirrel Girl is the undisputed greatest hero in the world.....or where she rules with an iron fist.......I would love it.

Doggone it Slott.....you should put together a pitch for Joey Q. Then you could finally do your Turner D Century Story.

Hawkeye said:
I like Slott on Thing, he's great on it. But if I had to choose another book for him, it would probably be a Hawkeye or Luke Cage ongoing.
icon6.gif
I would personally choose Bendis for a Hawkeye ongoing. A lot of people had complained about Bendis killing him and hating him. Then you actually see Bendis writing him during the HoM stuff and everyone's goin', "damn, Hawkeye is cool as hell!" Which is way better than before he died when he was boring as hell.

did you read him in Thunderbolts?

Mr. Green said:
I would personally choose Bendis for a Hawkeye ongoing. A lot of people had complained about Bendis killing him and hating him. Then you actually see Bendis writing him during the HoM stuff and everyone's goin', "damn, Hawkeye is cool as hell!" Which is way better than before he died when he was boring as hell.

I suppose, but I still hate him. :mad: :up:

I just stopped buying it. Thing was great, it's just kind of forgetable unfortunately. Its not a big deal in comparison to the rest of the storylines and it falls through the cracks.

Hawkeye said:
icon6.gif

Actually,....

Hudlin did a great Cage in BP 10/11,.....

I want Slott For (in order:)

Thing
She-Hulk
GLA
Spiderman
.............................................Heroes for Hire

Varient said:
Actually,....

Hudlin did a great Cage in BP 10/11,.....

I want Slott For (in order:)

Thing
She-Hulk
GLA
Spiderman
.............................................Heroes for Hire

I agree,Hudlin totally gets Cage.He was great in 12-14 as well.

I want Slott on 616 F4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"