Have the animated DVT's been any good?

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Sawyer, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Sawyer High King

I have only see Ultimate Avengers, have the other three been good? I heard Ultimate Avengers 2 was good and that Iron Man sucked. Haven't heard much about Doctor Strange, but I still want to see it.

2. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Dr. Strange was good.
    Iron Man was okay.
    Ultimate Avengers 1 was okay.
    Didn't se UA2 yet.

3. Morg Super Moderator

4. Magneto Guest

all of em were great

5. I was never a Dr. Strange fan..in fact I prefer Dr. Orpheus. But Dr. Strange was the best one so far then the avengers and iron man bringing up the rear.

6. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Dr. Strange was good. Iron Man was good, but mystic Mandarin sucked. Ultimate Avengers was alright. Ultimate Avengers 2 kinda sucked.

7. co2 Registered

The only one I haven't seen is Doc Strange. Out of the rest I thought the only one half way passable was the first UA....and that's being generous.
    So in answer to your question...no

8. Jordacar The Endless One

Iron Man would be at the bottom of my list, though I haven't really figured out why. I liked UA2 better than UA1. UA2 has the best action of the DTVs.
    Doctor Strange was the most well written, the best looking, and the all-around coolest entry so far.

imo

9. Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Of all, Ultimate Avengers 1 (specifically the last fight between Hulk and the Avengers) and UA 2 were the best. Iron Man was forgettable (Crappy CG was used for Iron Man), as was Dr. Strange (more crappy CG and choppy animation).

All those movies have horrible production values, choppy animation, and no real style of their own.

10. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

I have seen Ultimate Avengers, which is nothing more than a typical saturday morning cartoon with a bit more violence, and Iron Man, which is deadly dull.

I have no wish to see any of the others.

11. Rac Deadite

I've seen only Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2. They were meh.

12. odiin Registered

As far as I'm concerned each one has been better than the one before it, though I can only imagine the teen avengers is going to break that streak. None of them have been MotP quality or anything, but eh, what is? (other than MotP, naturally.)

13. DeathRaven Another soul for sale

Im probably going to be the first to say I hated them all, and Im not a ough critic either. I love most things I see.

But these have been dissappointing, I really hated Iron man....

14. Union Jack defender of the realm

i wish they'd do an invaders animated film..that'd be great..with cap,namor,torch,union jack etc etc...

15. kirbyfan Registered

They were all good, get them and enjoy yourself, don't believe people who say they aren't good. If you love your Marvel superheroes you want to see them all!!

16. Chaos Bringer Registered

IRON MAN was AWFUL what's wrong with you !?
    Avengers 1 was ok, Dr. Strange watchable. nothing here has 'moved' me.

17. thejon93 Forever Haunted

I've never watched any of these before. I guess that if you like the comic-book characters; their origins and stories, then you'd probably like these films I guess.

18. steelio2006 Registered

Ultimate Avengers: Good. Entertaining. (Fight with Ultimates vs. Hulk at the end was pretty cool) Tho, after watching Ultimate Avengers I read The Ultimates and was disappointed with no Giant Man vs. Cap. America. Loved the WWII bit with Captain in the beginning.

Ultimate Avengers 2: Good. Redeemed Giant Man a lil bit and felt sorry he died in the end. Black Panther was pretty cool. Loved the WWII bits with Captain America.

Iron Man: Okay. It's an origin movie. Of course, it's gonna take up time to set up the story and introduce the character for newcomers. And u have to consider that it was his first animated movie (that i remember anyway).

Doctor Strange: Presently haven't watched it yet. Bought it for $2 at Gamestop and gettin around to watchin it.

Avengers Reborn (or Avengers Next): It seems like an interesting concept. Since in the beginnin it'll be like The Dark Knight Returns with them coming out of retirement. But it'll be a lil bit geared towards the kiddies.

19. Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

20. Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    What is this Avengers Reborn/Next? Never heard of it.

21. Jick Auxiliary Assistant

I saw Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2
    both awesome, but the first is a lot better.

22. Joined:
    Jun 25, 2003
    The fight with the Hulk at the end of the first one is amazing.

23. Jordacar The Endless One

I'm pretty sure the fight with the Hulk is longer than the fight with the aliens.

24. steelio2006 Registered

yeah the Hulk fight is longer than the fight with the aliens. it's an awesome fight. didn't know bout a Hulk DTV. the Doc Strange dtv was pretty good. it focused on character a lot. and that's what i liked bout it. we can only hope that they keep gettin better from here on out.

25. YJ1 Armed and Dangerous

That sums it up nicely.

Dr. Strange was excellent. The DVD extras are quite nice as well. Marvel's video game cut scenes are fun to see collected in one place.

Invincible Iron Man was a huge disappointment because they screwed up the story and plot so badly. They also didn't have him in the traditional Red & Golds very long and had NO actual showdown with the Mandarin. Also...

The big plot flaw was that Tony already had a hall of armors before capture. If Rhodes and the project was in so much danger, why wouldn't he put a suit on and race right over? It corrupts the origin and makes no sense. The villains main plot turn and her motivations make even less sense when you think about it.

I enjoyed both Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2. The Hulk brawl is the best animated anything I've ever seen from Marvel. I'm so glad they leaned on 616 Marvel and not too much on the Ultimates in terms of actual character. The DVD extras about both comic series is the best I've seen concerning comic book source materials.